“Loud and not managed well” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Commerce Way, Woburn, MA 01801   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loud and not managed well”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at plenty of red roofs ( because they are pet friendly) and they are generally just the basics..but pretty nice.

I don't know what has happened here..but the crowd that it attracts are up all night with doors ajar,loud music and yelling in the halls. Lots of smokers outside when you first enter. I'm not sure if it is all the workmen that stay here..but they are not controlled and allowed to run havoc in the hotel. I simply locked myself in my room..put on the fan to block the noise and waited until morning to leave.

I would never bring children to this hotel..or be on a business trip.

Room Tip: Don't go to the 5th floor..that's a major party floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is unfortunate that some of the other guests did not think of the consequences their actions may have caused guests, such as yourself. We do not tolerate such activities at the hotel and we value our guests and want their stay with us to be an enjoyable.
I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future when your travels bring you to the Boston/Woburn area.

Pamela Willingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights while I attended a conference in Boston and my husband saw the sights. The hotel seems to have been updated. There was a microwave and nice-sized refrigerator. The floors were laminate, which makes them easy to clean and is nicer than carpet. The drain in our sink did not open when we arrived. I informed the desk clerk of this when she called to see if everything was OK and was told someone would be up to fix it; however, this did not happen until 2 days later. Our room had no alarm clock, no box of tissues and only one waste basket which was in the bathroom. The king sized bed was very comfortable, but only one of the reading lights above it was able to be used, as the cord for the other was too short to reach the outlet. The heater was so loud that the TV could not be heard when it came on, and a light sleeper would certainly be awakened every few minutes. Because of the cold air that leaked in around the heating unit, it ran very frequently. The breakfast was typical budget hotel: toast, packaged muffins, instant oatmeal, apples and oranges. The juice machine was out of order. If you were looking forward to swimming, the fact that the pool was closed for renovation might be an unwelcome surprise. The WiFi worked well, but you have to log in each time you get on your computer or if it goes to sleep during use - a little annoying. It was about an hour drive into Boston in the AM rush, and the hotel is conveniently located near both I-93 and I-95.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize in the delay in having maintenance unclog the sink drain and for the A/C-Heating unit making noise when operating. I have asked our maintenance person to thoroughly go through the room to insure that what you experienced does not happen with another guest. I am glad that you like our newly renovated property, and I apologize again for the maintenance issues in your room.

Abuja
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The truth is that there are many hotels that are well runned, but what stands Red Roof Inn - Woburn apart is not just the serenity, and the cleanliness of its environment but also the management staffs. From the first day I arrived at Red Roof Inn-Woburn, Massachuset I was at home. And that's some big statement if you consider the fact that I came from Africa. And when I left I like to think that I left friends behind. Leah, Jason and some others I cannot recall their names were really terrific and I will like to say a big "thank you" to all those that made my stay in Boston worthwhile. Missing you guys ...

Room Tip: Well, I stayed at 210.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made you feel at home. I am glad that each member of our staff provided you with excellent service, I will be sure to post your review and relay your comments to Leah and Jason.
We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Boston area.

Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had an excellent stay at your Woburn Massachusetts facility. Most times all you hear is the. negative it is nice to. E able to write something g nice about Pam and her staff. They are friendly courteous and helpful. They are a credit to Pam and the Red Roof Inn Corporation. I would be confident staying in any one pg your facilities due toy stay I Woburn Machussetts

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words in regard to myself and our staff. I will be sure to post your review for our staff to read.
We are glad that you chose our hotel for your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The nicest people that work there especially Pam!
Great service clean rooms and great brealfast this is a great location newly renovated rooms and great pool close to Woburn mall and restaurants if u want great svc and clean room stay at red roof inn Woburn

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable during your stay. Yes, we are newly renovated and in the process of renovating our pool area (which will be completed by 11/8/13). I appreciate the kind words in regard to our staff. I will be sure to post your review for our staff to read. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

After having another local hotel double book my room and then tell me they had reserved a room at The Red Roof Inn I proceeded to check in with Jason M. Due to a scheduling issue the room the other hotel tried to book me at the RRI was also double booked. Even though it was not Jason's fault, the other hotel tried to blame him. Jason was working alone, it was very busy, and he did an amazing job in trying to help me find a room, which he did at their hotel afterall, dealing with all the customers at the desk and handle the phones. He remained very pleasant, respectful, and did a great job multi-tasking. The Red Roof Inn is lucky to have Jason M. working for them. I would uuse this hotel location again just because of Jason. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Jason is one of our newest staff members and does and provides excellent service to all of our guests. I am glad that he was able resolve the issue with the other hotel and provide you with a room. I will be sure to print out and post your survey for Jason and the rest of our staff to read.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Boston/Woburn area.

Barcelona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice flat screens, nice furniture. You have to flush the toilets 3-4 times to get it all to go down. Toilets didn't flush at all at one point. We were told that the water was temporarily off. Very loud noise from nearby busy street. Noisy hallways. We found an old chicken bone on our floor. Common areas are dingie. The windows all need washing.Would not stay here again. You get what you pay for I guess though.

Room Tip: Stay on back side of building. The side that does not face the street. I assume it will be quieter i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you liked our rooms and flat screen televisions. I apologize that your toilet did not function properly during your stay and that the public area was not to your liking. We recently completed a major renovation in June of this year to include all guest rooms and public areas.
I understand that the front side of the hotel can be noisy during peak traffic times and this can be a disturbance to our guests.
I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again next time you are in our area.

Pam Willingham

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!