“Good value stay overall, internet is slow/unusable” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Commerce Way, Woburn, MA 01801   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
New York
“Good value stay overall, internet is slow/unusable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Lots of good points for this hotel:
clean, nice flatscreen TV (reception was a bit crappy though), heaps of shops around the location, easy free parking, good value for money overall.

Some things were lacking: internet speed was so bad it made it almost unusable. The wifi reception itself was ok (3 bars out of 5) but trying to load anything in more than 1 tab was impossible. This is not acceptable in this day and age.
The heater is working but old and loud. No microwave/fridge in the room. I realize you have the option of purchasing a more expensive room that has those, but I am comparing this hotel to others we have stayed at in the same price range.

Given we rely heavily on the net when traveling, I would not come back even though everything else was fine. Slow/unusable internet is a dealbreaker for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Tim T,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing this information about your visit hear. I am glad to hear you felt we offered a great value and the location was ideal for your needs. We are fortunate enough to be surrounded by great restaurants, across the street from a mall, and less than 1 mile from a train to downtown Boston or shuttle to Logan Airport. I would like to apologize for the Wi-Fi problems as well as TV issues you experienced and want you to know that upgrading these services are a top priority for us. We have ordered a new circuit for our Wi-Fi which will be roughly 10 times stronger than our current unit.... and difference will be extreme and we look forward to offering this to our guests in the coming weeks. Also, we are pleased to announce even more updates - we will begin a full renovation next month in all common areas and guest rooms. Rooms will have hardwood style flooring with area carpeting under the new Serta Rest Suite mattresses we install that face the wall mounted flat screen TVs and include spa inspired bathrooms with vessel sinks. I hope you return soon so we have the opportunity to show all of the upgrades implemented since you last stayed. Thanks again.

Woburn, MA 01801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

the average hotel to stay at low costs providing your basic needs, free.
one day stay: $70 approx.
free "good speed" internet, desk to do work, quick free breakfast in the morning, and parking. that's what i need for a quick business trip.
Mary beth was pretty helpful at the counter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear J C,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you found us to offer a great value without sacrificing the amenities that matter to you most. As you mentioned, we offer free wif-fi, coffee makers in all rooms, grab n go breakfast daily, fridge/microwaves in some rooms, an indoor pool open year round, and more! Also, we are planning on a full renovation to begin next month which will include wall mounted flat screen TVs, new beds and bedding, spa inspired bathrooms, and much more! I did also want to thank for the kind words about Mary Beth and I will share this with her right away, we greatly appreciate the mention of a team member who goes above and beyond and it encourages us to continue to do good. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stay at this location at least once a year, Mary Beth I met this year. She is awesome. Place is very busy, especially at night, and things were handled so smoothly......... even with a line. Ive seen busy but my goodness......again, thanks everyone, especially Mary Beth, you are such a sweet heart. Happy Holidays

• Stayed December 2012
Dear tidygals,

Thanks for staying with us and for the positive comments you've made, we are thrilled to read them! As you mentioned, we are a very busy hotel, however we try our hardest to no matter what always offer the best possible service. I am thrilled to hear that Mary Beth went above and beyond for you and I will be sure to share these nice comments with her and am sure it will encourage her to keep it up! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We frequent this hotel with our seasonal pool membership. This review is to comment on the superb customer service we receive each week from Mary Beth, who is the front desk clerk on weekends from 3-11PM. She couldn't be nicer. Very friendly and focused on providing quick resolution to any issues we encounter. Mary Beth knows her job and executes all aspects that we see efficiently and promptly. She is a definite asset to this hotel location. Despite many busy times on her job, she always finds time to greet us with a big smile and welcome to the facility. In addition to Mary Beth, Rhonda, the Manager, has always been superb to work with as well. The organization and their supervisors are very fortunate to have such high quality employees as Mary Beth and Rhonda.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Fred V,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to read you are a member of our pool club as it is one of the many amenities we have to offer that not too many are aware of, such as the pool membership, pool parties, conference space, and more! Our team is committed to provide each and every guest with a memorable and enjoyable stay, no matter what brings them in... and we truly appreciate when their efforts are recognized. I will be sure to share these positive comments with Mary Beth as I know she will be thrilled to hear about it and we hope to have you back again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I had a Great experience tonight after driving for several hours.I walked into the redroof inn Woburn ma.right away I was greeted with a comforting smile. I have never been to a hotel that made me feel as comfortable and welcome as I did tonight .after being swiftly checked in I retired to my room. I got undressed and went into the bathroom and to my dismay there was no shower curtain. , how could this happen I thought ( someone really dropped the ball) I called the front desk and the woman that answered the phone was also puzzled. Within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door not only did the woman have a shower curtain in her hands she proceeded to install the curtain in my bathroom . I have never had a desk clerk go above and beyond the usuall desk duty to make me feel like I was the only guest in the hotel . But also I was treated with kindness and respect and felt like the woman who I came to know as Marybeth was the reason I had such a great experience at this hotel. To tell u the truth anytime I am in this area I will not hesitate to stay at this location . And I hope Marybeth is at the desk because I know my stay will be another great experience . And I hope to see Marybeth there every time ,thank you John alibrandi.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear JohnnieWingman,

Thanks for staying with us and for writing a review. I am glad to read that though we did have a small issue with your room, we addressed it immediately and you were satisfied with the resolution. We do have a process in place to check rooms prior to arrival and it appears this room was marked done while we were still washing the shower curtain, I do apologize for this. Our team here is committed to providing the best possible service and we appreciate when that is recognized, I will be sure to pass these comments along to Mary Beth as I know she will be excited to read them. We do greatly appreciate the comments and hope that next time you are in the area we have the opportunity to serve you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The rooms looked clean but deep down it wasn't. There were bed bugs in the morning when I woke up I told the staff and they had already knew about them and they don't close the hotel down wich I think they should it was gross and never staying in any redroof again.

• Stayed November 2012
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Jada12345,

Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate the feedback you have provided us. I am glad the rooms looked clean as we work very hard to keep them that way, however I do apologize if there was any issues with your stay or in your room. We take these comments extremely seriously and we would never rent a room that we knew had an issue intentionally. I can assure you that immediately we will have a thorough inspection done to assure this isn't a problem in the building. I am also pleased to let you know that we are so close to the start of a major renovation which brings Red Roof's newest design - all new beds, bedding, drapes, paint, furniture, wall-mounted flat screen TVs, bathrooms, decor, and more! It will literally be like a brand new hotel and we are committed to providing the best quality, service and value in this area! I have sent you a private message through TripAdvisor with my contact information so that you and I may speak direct with hopes that you allow me to show you that this fluke wasn't normal, nor is it an ongoing problem here. I do hope you come back to see the improvements made since your previous visit. Again, thanks so much for your valuable feedback and we look forward to seeing you back here soon and making this situation right with you!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Hotwire deal! $55. Great room, cozy and nice bathroom. The shower is amazing- super hi flow shower head. Mall and grocer right across street! Staff was friendly and offered great ideas of where to eat.

• Stayed November 2012
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Damientek,

We are very pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and that our team made your feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. We are fortunate to be located in such a great proximity to the attractions our city has to offer. Our team would like to thank you again for your comments and we all look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.

Rhonda See, General Manager
Red Roof Inn – Woburn
Woburn, MA 01801

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!