“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Massachusetts
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at Crystal Cove while visiting our daughter over The Christmas Holidays. We stayed in room 105 which was newly renovated and immaculate. The kitchen was nearby where we had a refrigerator and coffeemaker available.
Rhonda gave us a tour of the Inn pointing out recent construction that enhances the ocean view with Boston across the bay.
Rates were much lower than Boston, and we had free parking steps from our room.
All in all a great experience.

Room Tip: We prefer not too many stairs, so we stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This incredible Inn was an absolute delight!!! Amazing view of Boston. The property is like something out of Coastal Living Magazine! Rhonda so adds to the customer experience ;) Would highly recommend! Nice common area and kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my third stay this year and this location is a real find!!! The property has had massive renovations. It just keeps getting better. Winthrop is quaint, friendly, and safe with several great local restaurants and a long, great walking trail along the water with exquisite views of Boston Harbor. There are waterfront views from most rooms and lots of size/room /amenity/price choices. All rooms have access to a full kitchen. We loved access in summer to nearby marshes courtesy of the local kayak outfitter. Winthrop is a world away from Boston bustle but an easy commute to the diverse, fascinating,and entertaining metro area.

Stayed November 2013
crystalcove600, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Crystal Cove, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
To gjpops;

Thank you for returning to our Inn so often. It is always a pleasure to see you! We are SO happy that you and your family enjoyed using our new front lobby and we look forward to your next stay!

My Best,
Lauretta
Marketing Manager
The Inn at Crystal Cove
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Better than I could have imagined. Mind blown at the view of the skyline in tier amazingly refurbished community living room. Beautiful rooms and view, and out of their way nice staff. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was simply looking for a place to stay near Boston, as I had client calls the next morning. I found this place online, with a very good room rate, so I booked it, and am very glad I did. I'm just sorry I had the one night there.

Pluses: the property has been renovated recently, with some rooms still in progress, but overall, the property is very nice. It looks to be a converted rooming house or apartment building. There's no elevator, so you're taking your own luggage up two flights of stairs (if you're booked on the third floor, like I was). I wish I had been staying there in slightly warmer weather as I had my own small deck that overlooked Boston Harbor.

There's a large common area on the ground floor that looks great for afternoon and evening gatherings. There's also a large communal kitchen on the ground floor as well.

The room was small, but for one person, or a couple, it's perfect. The bathroom and the room were recently renovated, and the bed was quite comfortable.

The only minus is it's in Winthrop, which is east of East Boston, and can be a bit of a haul in evening commute traffic. But it's like being in a beach community on the edge of a major urban center. It reminds me a lot of Alki Beach in West Seattle.

There's a small shopping district within walking distance with a nice Pan-Asian restaurant. I'd love to see what the high season rates are, because I would easily consider staying here again. The staff was also very friendly.

Room Tip: If you can get them, the two rooms on the third floor on the west side of the building have their ow...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cathedral City, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Or even if NOT stuck. We drove down from Maine the night before to catch a very early flight and stayed at this beautifully appointed boutique hotel at a fraction of the cost of one of those huge airport chains. Located right on the harbor, the view from our balcony as the sunset over Boston was spectacular. Our room was small but immaculate and the bathroom was so well done that we took photos for future reference. There are several local restaurants within a few minutes walk. Downstairs is a large newly refurbished sitting area and a kitchen with Viking range and comparable other appliances for the use of guests.

In the m I rning our cab arrived exactly in time and were at our terminal in twelve minutes for a modest fare. (Be sure to call a local company, not a Boston one, to avoid airport cab rates. )

• Stayed November 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Enjoyed three wonderful nights of sleep thanks to the fabulous pillows. Our room looked out onto Boston Harbor, a stone's throw away, and had a private outdoor deck which we would have enjoyed in warmer weather. The Inn's common room overlooking the harbor was just renovated and is an excellent place for groups to get together. The weathered wood plank ceramic tile floor in that room is gorgeous. The communal kitchen was a very nice amenity which my husband and I took advantage of. To top everything off, when I called the Inn after returning home to inquire about the pillows, Rhonda was so personable and put me in touch with the Inn's provisioner so that I could order some for my home. I'm looking forward to returning to the Inn to meet Rhonda in person.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Crystal Cove? Share your experiences!