“1st Dinner great, 2nd dinner not so uch” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stuyvesant, New York
“1st Dinner great, 2nd dinner not so uch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I were staying at the 1896 house with a living social deal. The 1st night for dinner we had the 4 course meal. I oredered the Jurassic wings with the apricot burbon sauce. WoW!! The wings were amazing. My wife had the coconut shirmp. She enjoyed them as well. Four our soup we chose teh french onion soup an dthe Lobsert bisque. both were ok. We've both had better. The entree was big. I had the 8oz filet minon and lazy lobster, which was all meat except the tail of a lobster in drawn butter. My wife had a 10oz strip steak and two lump crab cakes. For desert she had some brownie thing and I had a caramel vanilla cake. All of our food was very delicious. Full portions, too much food. We took half of our entree and dessert home with us.
The 2nd night we decided to take advantage of the two for tuesday promotion they have. We were not as pleased the 2nd night as the first. I had the Mac and cheese with bacon and shrimp and she had the burger. The mac and cheese was ok. The cheese sauce was broken and the shrimp didn't add much to the dish. The bacon added some depth to the dish. Desert was ice cream. The service the 2nd night wasn't as good either. A disapointment from what we experienced the first night.
The pub is very nice with nice large chairs to sit in. We would come back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Relaxed Atmosphere, Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great drinks list - A nice, varied menu - Reasonable prices - Wonderful desserts - Friendly wait staff!

Visited February 2014
MA
“Delicious meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We visited the 6' House Pub as part of a LivingSocial deal while staying at the 1896 House. My husband and I enjoyed a 4-course meal which included 2 appetizers, 2 soup or salad, 2 entrees and 2 desserts. They served our salad course first, which we thought a little strange, but maybe because that's quicker and then the apps were ready when we finished. All of the courses were served with perfect timing, we had finished each one before the next came out. I had the house salad which was great, my husband the caesar. He said the lettuce could have been better but it was ok. For appetizers we shared the crab-cakes and bruschetta, both very good. For entrees, I had the penne florentine. Delicious. My husband had a steak dish, which he said was also very good. For dessert we shared the vanilla salted carmel crunch cake and the molten lava cake. The lava cake was amazing, super chocolately and served warm. The carmel cake was very good, too, but if I had to choose just one dessert it would be the lava cake.
Our server was great and very prompt. Atmosphere was nice also, good for an intimate dinner but also nice for a family or larger party. Portions were large, we took leftovers home of our entrees, but of course still finished dessert!
If you have the chance to visit the 6' House pub you should. It was pretty busy on a Saturday night, but we had a reservation that was made for us when we checked in to the 1896 House.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Adams, Massachusetts
“Save yourself the grief.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat here, as we were driving by we thought why not. Walked in at 6:15 and were seated in a minute or so. Twenty minutes later and observing two groups come in, seated and waited on, I asked my husband if they were overwhelmed, as twenty minutes was a bit long to wait for someone to acknowledge us. Looking around, they weren't overwhelmed. We got up to leave and as we were headed out the door the hostess, who seated us twenty minutes before said "Have a nice evening." My husbands reply was "We will. Someplace else."

• Visited January 2014
Denise R, Owner at The '6 House Pub, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
After researching with our staff to find out what transpired, we found that our hostess sat these guests, and assigned them to a server, who was finishing up making desserts. On the way to delivering the desserts, the server was approached by another guest from one of her tables who needed his check immediately as one of member of his party was ill, and needed to leave. She quickly accomplished that. In the meantime, the hostess, realizing that the server was tied up, was approaching the table to which the server had been assigned, to help out and get a drink order. As she did so, she heard the bartender say “have a nice evening” to these guests, heard their retort, and realized that these were the guests she was looking to assist. The time that lapsed was closer to 10 minutes, and the bartender and hostess have completely different appearances. The other tables around these guests had been assigned to other servers who had not been interrupted and were indeed served quickly, as is usually our style. No business intentionally keeps guests waiting. Things happen that are sometimes unavoidable. This can happen in any restaurant. We wonder why, (and wish they had), after a couple of minutes of waiting, these guests did not flag one of the 3 servers who continually walked past their table, or re-approach the hostess, just as a reminder that they were waiting.
New York City, New York
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were on vacation at the 1896 B&B Inn with a two night Living Social. This included two breakfasts and one dinner at House '6. We really enjoyed our dinners and the service was excellent. A very accommodating staff.

Thank you.