“Clean and comfortable, a good find” 4 of 5 stars

MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
555 MAIN ST, Williamstown, MA 01267   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Rome, Italy
“Clean and comfortable, a good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I second the good reviews. We found this motel by coincidence, and we were very pleased with it. Our room was spacious, nicely decorated, clean linens, good bathroom supplies, good attention to details. It was also very clean. Also, all the rooms are in the rear, so no noise from the street traffic (which there is not a lot of anyhow).
The grounds were very well kept.
In the morning if you go to the reception area you can get some cake, fruit, coffee and juice and take it to your room for breakfast. Not enough if you're a big eater, but it was more than enough for us.
The owner (I only spoke to the lady) was nice and professional, she gave us some good tips for cross country skiing in the area.
I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We have stayed at the Maple Terrace nearly 200 nights over the past 7 years. The rooms are immacalate, with new comfortable beds, modern furniture , modern televisions, wireless internet, and dvd players. The owners are friendly,helpful and take their positions as inn keepers seriously. They know the area and always have a good recomendation for dinner or activity. In the summer the pool and gardens are beautiful and in the winter Jimminy Peak is only 20 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
worcestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Williamstown is a beautiful college town with some good (but not great) skiing close by.
The motel has well proportioned, clean rooms but their 'small continental breakfast' is just that - orange juice, coffee or tea and a slice of cake (yes! cake). We went to this hotel because we thought having breakfast meant getting an early start on the slopes but no chance. We ended up eating Dunkin' Donuts' breakfasts!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in one of their apartments. What a find! For the price of a regular hotel room we got two rooms plus a fully equipped kitchen so we could bring some home-cooking to a homesick college student! The inn-keepers were very pleasant, the room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Sandy Springs, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

It's funny, yet sad, the previous review was so scurrilous. I have stayed many times at the Maple Terrace over the years, since way before Anne and Kjell (pronounced Shell) bought the place. Kjell and I talked about their great reviews onTrip Advisor just a week ago when I checked in. I mentioned that I was going to add yet another one when I got back home now that I had begun to offer my views to TA. It's obvious he didn't read what the recent mad traveler wrote. The Maple Terrace is consistently a great place to stay, with wonderful, friendly Swedish owners. The grounds are always beautiful and well-kept. The price is a better value than other nearby nice places. I am not saying any place ever pleases people 100%, but this place has pleased me and my family 100% over the last two decades. Please discount a review so obviously counter to what the rest of us describe.

• Liked — Great motel. I also like the owners
  • Disliked — I have never had a complaint the dozens of times I've stayed here.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Honolulu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

We stayed at this motel while visiting Williams College. We had a couple of very strange experiences (we only stayed one night!) with the man who runs this place and although he did end up apologizing and not charging us for our room I will still never return to this place.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the way we were treated by the owner
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I stayed here just one night, but it was just as reviews had described. The rooms are set back from the main road, and there is no traffic noise at all. My room was clean, neat, and well-equipped, with refrigerator, VCR, DVD player, and usual bathroom amenities. The staff of the inn are helpful and courteous. The location is very close to Williams College, which is a main attraction in the town. Price was way less than I expected to pay almost anywhere these days, and I got way more than I would have expected even at a higher price. This is a very comfortable place if you are looking for just a room. There is an outdoor pool, but it is not available in bad weather, of course. Overall, a great value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL? Share your experiences!