“Extra care taken for serious allergies” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Adams Road, Williamstown, MA 01267   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Extra care taken for serious allergies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The staff at Orchards was - to a person - helpful and friendly. I need special accommodation for my dust and down allergy and they prepared the room without down and with freshly-laundered linens. I slept comfortably and well - not always possible for me.

Some reviews have commented on the property being substandard, but I found it well-worn and comfortable. Our room had a bow window and the windows opened fully and had screens, so we were able to allow fresh air into the room before the day got too warm and humid.

The showers could use some extra shelving to place shampoos in - our had only a soap dish and some extra shelves would have made this a five-star instead of four (for me, at least).

Breakfast was good as well as fairly-priced. They had oatmeal as real maple syrup, which indicate a concern for healthy eating and "real" food. I was pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for a king fireplace - you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
orchardsgm, General Manager at The Orchards Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Our staff prides themselves on their ability to take care of the special needs of our guests. They will be very happy to know that they assisted you successfully in alleviating any discomfort from your allergies. Thank you also for pointing out that the Orchards is focused on providing comfort and service in a warm, hospitable, setting.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding shelves in our showers. I'll look into the possibility of adding this amenity.

Thanks again for the nice comments regarding the Orchards. Please visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pennington, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Orchards for three nights and found the accommodations to be exemplary. The room was large and tastefully appointed. The king-sized bed was comfortable as were the pillows. While the closet space was merely adequate, the drawer space was more than generous. A sink and mirror outside of the bathroom was a significant convenience as was the shower enclosure which was separated from the bath tub. Service was efficient, friendly, and responsive. We really could not have asked for more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. Clearly we were able to accomplish that for you. We think that we offer some special features that guests won't find when staying in the more limited service facilities in the Williamstown area. Thanks for pointing out some of things that you enjoyed during your stay. We look forward to taking care of you again when you return to the Berkshires.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Positives are large rooms with a fridge, chocolate chip cookies at turndown, nice people and decent workout room. Negatives are the room was musty and overpriced for a view of what I thought was the garbage dump but may have been the storage shed for the AC. Thus I felt like I was staying in a cave.

• Stayed July 2013
I'm sorry that you had to see the parts from our old cooling tower while we await our insurance companies evaluation of what made it break down. As soon as possible this old equipment will be removed from the property ( hopefully in the next week or two).

Beyond that it seems that you found several things you enjoyed at the Orchards so I'm pleased about that. Please come back to visit again. I assure you that we will be able to improve the quality of your stay at the Orchards.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

All of the staff could not have been nicer. The room was clean and spacious. The Orchards looks like a motel from the street, but is very charming once you are inside. The restaurant is one of the best in the area, and overlooks a lovely garden in which you can dine al fresco. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We paid for a room upgrade, and had a lovely, large room with a gas fireplace (a feature that we wou...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchards Hotel. I'm pleased that we were able to make you comfortable while you visited the Berkshires. It's a great time to be here with all that is happening at the Clark, MassMoca and the Williamstown Theater Festival. I hope that you have a chance to visit with us again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here when we got married at MassMOCA at North Adams and had our night-before party at the hotel. Beautiful and extremely comfortable rooms, wonderful bridal suite, great staff, convenient location, and one of the better restaurants in Williamstown. We love everything about this place, and our wedding guests who stayed here seemed thrilled with it as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
orchardsgm, General Manager at The Orchards Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Orchards. I'm pleased that all of the members of your wedding party enjoyed the facilities and services we offer. We have had several weddings this past spring and are looking forward to many over the course of the summer and fall. We appreciate your kind remarks and we hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Berkshires.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good place to stay, we came for the 4th of July 2013. Only negative, pool is too small to swim but the hotel overall is well design from the 90st with an old look and very well maintain, very large rooms price ok $250

• Stayed July 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed stay over the 4th of July Holiday. Williamstown is a great place to be in the summer and I hope that you got to enjoy the cultural attractions in the area. It appears that Williamstown Theater Festival, The Clark Art Institute, and MassMOCA are going to to get a very positive response from our summer visitors. Thanks for choosing the Orchards. I hope that we get to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed there one night for a work trip and the AC did not work. My husband called that night to let them know and they told us to open the window, it was a muggy rainy evening. The next morning the maintenance person came by and said that that happens a lot and said he had to reset it. Then when we checked out they asked how are stay was and when we told them they just said "oh." No I'm sorry, no how could we have made your stay better. I will never stay there again and will tell my colleagues the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
First ,let me apologize for what you felt was a lack of response on the part of our staff. You have a right to be disappointed in us if we were not able to resolve your air conditioning problem. I do want you to know that we have made major repairs to the air cooling system is now working perfectly. It is our fault that all wasn't as you expected when you stayed here.I do hope that you will give us a second chance. I assure that we will do everything possible to provide a pleasant stay for you and your business colleagues. I think that you will see that you can enjoy your stay at the Orchards as much as other Trip Advisor guests who stayed with us. Should you decide to give us a second chance, please contact me directly to make arrangements for you.

Been to The Orchards Hotel? Share your experiences!