“Also pleasantly surprised ...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Western Massachusetts
“Also pleasantly surprised ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having read the reviews, I was wary about the service, especially since we had theatre tickets. But we got there at 5 and were the first (only) people seated in the restaurant. Soon enough, however, the place was full. The food was plentiful and delicious. My table-mate and I shared the chef's special appetizer (eggplant rollatini) and it was amazing. With a salad, it would have been plenty for a meal. Our server was attentive and pleasant. We'll definitely return, and will plan to make it the destination, and not just "on the way to somewhere."

• Visited May 2013

49% Recommend
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Monday nite specials were damned good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were @ Abudanza, spur of the moment for Monday nite 1/2 off specials. We had the ahi tuna, chicken carbonara,the scrod francais and I had the Halibut special which was excellent. Service was good as well. Everyone enjoyed their food and lots of leftovers. My only complaint is the waitress did not tell us the pre-gratuity tip was added to the bill. That's not a norm for 4 people around here. She also didn't tell us the prices on the specials. I was awakened to that fact when the bill came for the Halibut at $26, at least $6 more than the others. It was good, but she should have told us. We had not been there for a long time, and noticed the menu has been enhanced and the food is considerably better now than several months ago. They also did some nice decorating in the dining room. Try Abudanza again. I think you'll like it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Big portions of good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I drop by this restaurant about once a month. The place was recently renovated and it is much more inviting. Regardless of the atmosphere, the food is very good. Large portions result in one to two more meals of leftovers. The burgers are "the best" that I've ever had. Thick and juicy eight ounce patties come with fries. I've enjoyed both lunch and dinner. The menu has variety that includes, pasta, beef, chicken, fish and pizza. They also serve alligator dishes on a regular basis. I haven't mustered up the courage to try the gator yet!!! Also,the desserts are fabulous! You won't be dissappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Longmeadow, MA
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Despite reading mixed reviews on various websites, my companion and I decided to try Abudanza. We were seated upon arrival for our 6:30 reservation on a Friday evening. The restaurant is small and was quiet the night we visited. We found the atmosphere warm and relaxing.
The busboy/waiter took our drink orders promptly (I had a sherbet martini...Absolute martinis are always $5). We chose an appetizer of Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce. They were actually slices, lightly breaded and fried. We agreed they were among the best we’d ever had. Deciding on an entrée wasn’t easy. Abudanza has an extensive menu and offered many specials that night. The only problem was remembering all of them after they were read to us in detail. However, our waitress couldn’t have been more accommodating, taking the time to answer our many questions patiently. I opted for a special, Salmon Oscar. My friend ordered the Grilled Chicken Alfredo. Our salads were nothing special, but did include mixed greens rather than iceberg lettuce, and several chunks of tomato. My salmon dish was perfect…a good sized salmon steak covered with Hollandaise Sauce with lumps of crab and some smaller pieces of lobster, and topped with fresh, crisp asparagus. I chose a side of angel hair with marinara sauce (the angel hair was, if fact, thin spaghetti). The sauce had chunks of tomato in it, which I prefer. I had half my meal left over to take home. My companion raved about her Chicken Alfredo, as well. It had huge pieces of broccoli, plenty of chicken, and was served over linguine as requested. Our meals came with a side of mixed vegetables that we didn’t try. The only disappointment was the rolls served with a balsamic vinegar were boring. Based on my first experience at Abadunza, I feel comfortable recommending you give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
Western MA
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Excellent food great pricing for what you get! The artichoke francias is heavenly. There was an acoustic guitar player that provided fine entertainment too (Borys Bakum)

Visited January 2013