“Just the best off the beaten path” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whately Inn

Whately Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whately
Whately Inn
193 Chestnut Plain Road, Whately, MA 01093   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Whately B&B and Inns
Olongapo, Philippines
“Just the best off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just a couple miles down the road from my Uncles house, its a fantastic
place to have a meal.
I always ordered the blackened prime rib, not on menu but if you ask
they will cook it. Just amazing.
It was the place I took my prom date, thats how long they have been in
biz. Its great for families also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa K, Owner at Whately Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Wow, Steve! Thanks for being such a long-time supporter. We're thrilled to hear that our Prime Rib never disappoints. Come by for another helping soon -- we love seeing our loyal customers.

Take care,
Stephen Kloc, Chef/Owner

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went to the Whatley Inn and had dinner at the bar the other night. Bar tender was very pleasant, and tended to us right away. I ate a delmonico steak. It was cooked perfect, home made vegtables, and awesome blackened scallops. The owner came by and asked how eerything was. I mentioned i was really looking for oysters on the half shell and dis not notice them on the menu. He replies, hold on one minute, a few minutes later, six oysters arrive on a plate. I was floored. Thats what i call service. I have never stayed at the inn for an overnight, but ill tell you what, ill be back for dinner. I love it there. Dining room has plenty of room, and is set up to seat a large family. You wont be leaving hungry. Excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012
Lisa K, Owner at Whately Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Perfect steak and great service? Sounds like a good dinner to us! Thanks so much for singing our praises here on TripAdvisor. We know it's been some time since your review, but we always appreciate hearing from our customers. We're thrilled that we could get you the oysters you came for -- we never want you to leave here disappointed!

Can't wait to have you back soon,
Stephen Kloc, Chef/Owner
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I travel to Greenfield/Deerfield on business every year and this is the 2nd time we have eaten at The Whately Inn....the first time was nice, but this time was GREAT. Someone in the kitchen is paying attention....everything, from the fluffy, tender rolls to the well prepared scallop appetizer and perfectly sized dessert were really good. Usually you can find something wrong with one course, but honestly, from someone who pays attention to these things, each and every item was very well prepared. Our server, Mimi, was so attentive and unpretentious with just the right amount of friendliness. Thank you for the lovely meal...you do it well and we WILL be back.

Room Tip: We were only here for dinner...but it exceeded expectations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicopee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I've enjoyed all my meals here. I especially like the baked stuffed shrimp (5 shrimp) and the baked stuffed lobster. The homemade augrattin potatoes are delicious and I love that dinners come with soup, salad, rolls, cucumber salad and even dessert! I don't know very many places that do that anymore. My husband and I have made this our Anniversary dinner for that last four years and plan on it being our tradition. Bonus: they usually give a rose to the lady when you leave!

Never stayed at Inn, but maybe as special staycation

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
buxxy007
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

We found this place on our last legs as our car was overheating...just when we thought we couldn't have gone any further there just off in the distance was this what looked like a neat old inn..and it was...The Whately. We were starved, in need of a room and thirsty. The hostess gave us a deal on our rooms (which by the way were clean and antique-ish) and though the walls were paper thin it was a typical New England kind of place...it was a fun and had a lively atmosphere and we plan on going back there.
The Girls from NJ

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

My sister and I went to this Inn to get away for a weekend. (As my husband is in Iraq for a year, the need to get some time to focus on something else was needed. I hope to be back with him when he returns.) To shop and site see in the area. We had a very charming room with two beds and antique furniture. It was a very clean, and unique room. The scenery from the window was fantastic.
The service in the Inn was outstanding. We recieved a rose in our room. The staff was great! The restaurant was also outstanding. The service was great, the food was delicious and well presented.
The Inn is so close to the attractions in the area. 5 minutes from Yankee Candle, 7 minutes from the Majic Wings, you go in the other direction from the hotel and in 15 minutes your in South Hamptons downtown area where the shops are plenty. Very unique shops at that (ie: 10 Thousand Villages..)
The owner is a great man and very sincere. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I visited Whately because I was on an art vacation making prints at Red Horse Press in Hatfield.The whately inn was nearby and suited me fine,however, that said, it's not really as quaint as the outside appears nor is it any way plush. The rooms could use updating and new mattresses. I borrowed my friend's feather bed to customize my sleeping experience.Rooms were clean but dark(I saw two different rooms) and the widows needed screens. A/C worked fine and the water pressure was great although stall shower was tiny.The staff at the inn was awesome, friendly, funny and accomodating. The restaurant downstairs is wildly popular (with the 65 and over crowd) and surprisingly I couldn't hear noise from the restaurant in my room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Whately Inn? Share your experiences!