“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rockland, Massachusetts
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I have been a resident of Boston my entire life & have been looking for a lovely family owned place just like this. Instead of having to travel into the North End to get delicious Italian food we have found our new spot. As soon as we walked in the door, we were greeted by a nicely dressed attractive young woman. She was extremely friendly & seemed very experienced. We sat down in a booth & our waitress was attentive immediately. The waitstaff seems to know each-other, and enjoy working together which makes the experience all the more comfortable. We ordered the baked eggplant appetizer which was outstanding. Our salmon & swordfish were also cooked to perfection. To our surprise we also knew many of the people in here so we felt right at home! Wished they had shared this hidden gem sooner! Will be back soon !

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Menu Surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My recent visit to Ecco was with three friends. The accomodating hostess allowed me to be seated while I waited for the others to arrive. I was pleased to have our waitress give us plenty of time to look at the specials menu in addition to the regular choices. It had some fabulous offerings. It seems as if we happened to luck out. This week's menu featured many options which included lobster meat, scallops and shrimp for an excellent price. Our meals came with salad. I have to say that my Caesar salad was probably the best I've ever had. Many restaurants put way too many croutons on this salad. Theirs was perfect. I don't ordinarily eat rolls (to save room for dessert), but our basket came with 3 different types of warm rolls which were delicious. The four of us also split an order of Cannoli for dessert. Yummy.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perplexed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Food is good and service is decent and reasonably priced. Have been there about 5 times, however the last time was a very bad experience. I was there with my wife and another couple for dinner. Food and service was good. After we ate we went to the bar for a couple of drinks and that's where it all went quickly downhill. We ordered a round, which was fine. Then the husband of the other couple (in his 60's, I'm in my 40's) ordered another bottle of beer and the bartender suddenly decided to close down, even though it was only 9:30 on a Saturday night. No last call, no warning, nothing. We got the manager and she said it was slow so we just decided to close because the staff isn't making much money and wants to go home. She said their license is until 1am and if we didn't like them closing and kicking us out at 9:30 then we should go someplace else. Not how we expect to be treated. Will never go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Okay; but don't travel out of your way.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Meh.

I was so looking forward to trying this "gem", but I must agree with a previous mixed review.

My chicken saltimbocca was overlooked and underwhelming, but my wife enjoyed her swordfish. Cesar side salad was drowned in heavy dressing, but our gorgonzola / pepper bruschetta was great. This sums up our experience - hit and miss.

The parking lot was packed full, so I guess you can't argue with "success".

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had received a gift certificate for Xmas for this restaurant. I took a dry run by it and thought....I never would have thought to go here. It looked like a take out place from the outside until I walked in. The restaurant is on the smaller size but the food is fantastic. The portions are really good. We had Lemoncello Ice Cream and it was so delicious, we plan on going back there very soon.

• Visited January 2013