“What a pit” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 95 Restaurants in Weymouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“What a pit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a shame what a nice looking place. The sauce which should define you tastes like dirt.
The brisket is like a wet slab of fat. The ribs are the same way mushy fatty and if there is any meat it is tough as nails.
The problem is got to be in the kitchen I anly pray it is clean. This place needs bar rescue.
Get a better sauce buy one if you havce to. Learn how to do BBQ. This tastes more like boil b que. BBQ should be done at 250 degrees otherwise the fat wont melt away and render down it will gel and end up on your plate at Memphis Joes Nuff Said.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Weymouth, Massachusetts
“cold fatty no seasoning and sauce BBQ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you see Memphis Joe on Washington St in Weymouth, MA, think of it as just a place to get a drink. The meat combo was terrible, the meat was cold, the brisket tasted old, ribs were mostly fat, the fried chicken was way over fried. The mac & cheese was grainy and tasteless, the cold slaw was dry and like eating just cabbage. The bread pudding was tasteless. The server had a chip on her shoulder and kept saying "SURE" I got my Kansas Wings appetizer with my meal which was cold and taste like just ketchup. I wasted $47.20 for lunch. The only thing I liked was the pint of cold draft Budweiser. Do not waste your money for the food. I can not believe the only BBQ restaurant in Weymouth would serve cold or over cooked meat, with little seasoning and terrible mac & cheese
Simon B. PS. I have worked in restaurant business for over 15 years and native Texan.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Lipstick on a Pig!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Only the name and menu have changed. It is still the old Martini's, owned and operated by the same people. Had we known that going in, we would have turned around and walked out. We ate at Martini's a few years ago and never returned.
The service... Our server was clueless, and couldn't answer any of our questions without running and asking someone else.
The food... The home made potato chips were the best thing we ate. Unfortunately the chips come with a dipping sauce that was marginal in taste, and barely enough for half the order.
Chicken wings were half RAW! Two different heat levels of sauce were offered... there was no discernible difference. The medium hot and super hot were both mild.
Spare ribs... full slab served untrimmed of the rib tips (extra small bones and pieces of cartilage).
BBQ sauce was straight out of a bottle, and not good quality
We can hardly wait for the color of the lipstick to change again! No chance that we will go back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“So disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were so excited to try this new BBQ restaurant in Weymouth since there's a serious lack of bbq on the south shore. We were so disappointed. It's the old Martini's and I don't think the clientele has changed. It was a total townie bar. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and my husband got a combo plate of pulled pork and brisket. The pulled pork was so spicy my throat was on fire. I could barely eat it. The fries were also soggy and tasted freezer burned. My husband said his was gross too and he only ate about half of his dinner. That never happens. We both left hungry. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The only plus is that it's covered in TV's so if you want to come with the guys to watch a game and drink some beers, that would be okay.

• Visited November 2013