“why did we stay?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 93 Restaurants in Weymouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“why did we stay?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

There were only two other tables occupied when we arrived. Still, the waitress walked by us 6 times, folding napkins etc, before she came to say hello. Ten minutes? I should have left. I wish I had because after dinner when we went to use the restroom I wanted to throw up because it was so filthy. To think we ate that food. if their public areas are that filthy, imagine what the kitchen looks like. I think their efforts are put into the karaoke bar because there is clearly no effort in the restaurant. There is practically no decorations in the dining room. In fact, there is Christmas garland still hanging on the gazebo in the middle of the dining room. They don't dim the lights, so it feels like a cafeteria. There was no music, until the karaoke started up an hour after we got there. As for the food, the boneless spare ribs were clearly reheated from the day before at best. In fact, for me to list out all the details is causing me to relive what a waste of money this experience was. It was bad, and there was nothing to save it, like good service or pleasing atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Dark, dirty, and somewhat disingenuous (dishonest)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was not our first experience with this restuarant. My wife had been buying take out orders many times in the past, and we enjoyed the food. This particular time, we arrived during an off-hour. Except for a few people at the bar, we were the only customers. We were seated in a corner that was so dark we couldn't read the menu. We changed seats, and tried to order from the menus that were given to us.
"No you can't have that, or that, etc. etc.... " We tried to reason that we were trying to order from the given menu, in which there were a few specials, but to no avail. Considering the dirty, dingy environment which we had previously not experienced (because we were take-out customers), and the attitude of the manager, we will never return.

• Visited November 2012