“A Must Do!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

When family is in town there has to be at least one breakfast at Nikos. This week there were two! My brother loves the restaurant and he and his family always carve time out for a trip to Nikos. Their omelets are to die for. Try the Broad Street Omelet; bacon, swiss cheese, asparagus, jalapeños, and onions. It is a keeper. Always ask for baked beans as an add on, super yummy! My brother loves the "Lumberjack" and everyone else enjoys bacon and eggs. the service is great, good coffee, and just a nice place to start your day.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“Good food, if you get it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have been to Nikos several times in the last few months. Each time, Wendy was our server, and she is a doll!

Today, we went in for a late breakfast. It closes at 3pm, right? We walked in at 2pm, and got a very dirty look from a girl who would be our server. It was not busy, but there were people at about ten tables when we walked in. After ignoring us for a punitive amount of time, she came over and asked us what we wanted. "Menus" was my response. From that point forward, she rushed us through the entire process. Apparently, I didn't order my orange juice fast enough. Then, everything I wanted on the menu was unavailable. Then, we didn't pay fast enough.

The food was decent, from what I had, but at 2:30, she put the pressure on. She slapped the check down, and said, "No hurry." Poured someone a cup of coffee and leaned to ask, "Are you paying cash or charge?" We were trying to eat. She kept coming back in frequent intervals (not kidding, less than a minute each time) to ask for the money and kept saying, "no hurry, but". Until I finally stopped my meal and dug out my credit card.

She brought the copies for me to sign, and of course, I wasn't half way through my breakfast. She tried rushing me through that when I said, "I am about to write in your tip. Maybe you should stop rushing me." Then, I got the argument that she wanted to cash out. This was prior to 2:40, they are supposed to be open until 3pm. At that point, I stop eating, filled out the slip with a begrudging 15% tip (low for me) and just left.

I am disgusted and disappointed. I will try to go in this week and talk to Wendy or a manager and see if someone even cares. Very flippant environment without the usual employees working. Maybe the food is good, but if the patron cannot eat it, or enjoy the meal because of poor treatment from the staff, then I am rethinking what I thought was my go-to breakfast spot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
boston
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I love the food here. They have a large menu and i have never gotten a bad meal or poor service .My only complaint is the crowds on the weekend but it is worth the wait. They also give you coffee while waiting.The turn over is quick!! Jackson square tavern and venetian are also right there but people wait for Niko's, I totally get why!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful breakfast place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nikos is a very popular place for breakfast. You usually have to wait for a booth, but it is worth it. They have a great variety of dishes. I love the pancakes. The Eggs Benedict have a variety of homemade recipes. I like the hollandaise sauce made with yogurt. it is just as tasty as the regular kind, but a much healthier choice. My daughter travels miles to get her breakfast here. The only negative is that the building is old ( although the restaurant is new) so the bathroom is upstairs. Not so good if you are handicapped. I would "go" before I go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
norwell, mass
“Good food, service shaky, bathroom scary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Food was good . Service was poor. Bathroom needs to be gutted. Restaurant was updated nicely.bathroom needed the same updating. It seems like a lot of places care a lot more about the eating area than the bathrooms. Overall impression was sub par. Have some respect for your patrons and more will come.

• Visited September 2012