“It'll do.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Framingham, MA
“It'll do.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After way too many days of turkey & turkey leftovers, I stopped in Westwood Pizza for a quick lunch today... wanted something other than poultry. The menu was your standard pizza/sub joint stuff. The pizza smelled good, but I opted for a sub. I decided on one of their new menu items - I think it was Cattleman's Steak, or something like that. "Grilled steak & onions with melted white cheddar cheese and ranch dressing." While it was being prepared I looked around and noticed the place was clean & well stocked. The staff was friendly and efficient. My sub was ready in about 7 minutes. It was served up on a very fresh, toasted sub roll. The shaved steak looked like good meat, but it had been grilled maybe just a minute or two too long. It reminded me of those "Steak-Umm" sandwiches. The onion was grilled to perfection and there was just the right amount of cheese sauce. Didn't really get the taste of the ranch dressing, but I didn't miss it, either. Overall, it was okay. I'm in the area frequently and wouldn't hesitate to stop in for lunch again on another day. Maybe next time I'll be ready to try a turkey sub or chicken parm. Or a slice of pizza.

• Visited November 2012