“Fabulously Charming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Paquachuck Inn

The Paquachuck Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport Point
The Paquachuck Inn
You added The Paquachuck Inn to your Saves list
2056 Main Road, Westport Point, MA 02791   |
boston
“Fabulously Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We were looking for a quiet weekend in a low-key place and found it at Paquachuck Inn. The rooms are fabulous and the decor throughout the Inn is fabulous. Brenda's hospitable and did everything to make us feel welcomed into her home. You'll find numerous nooks to curl up with a book, enjoy a drink outside and and feel like you're going back in time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We always stay at the Paquachuck Inn when visiting friends in Westport.
It's a unique and special place.

Paul

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I'm embarrassed that I paid to be treated this way. The innkeeper was nasty because we arrived late, even after we kept calling to update her on our progress across 4 states through holiday traffic. She followed us out to the parking lot and barked "Are you coming in or what, I have to get up early?" The bed was uncomfortable and the bread at breakfast was actually (and noticeably) moldy. We were told they ran out of orange juice (even though we arrived within the posted breakfast hours) and only had tomato juice left. Can you imagine that? There were not hot items for breakfast and slim pickings of any items. Even the sliced strawberries were moldy.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Westport Point hotels

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

My fiance and I drove by the B&B looking for a place to stay without a reservation. I walked into the building and asked the woman there if she worked there- and the woman was so incredibly rude to me, and told me to get out of HER HOUSE. We didn't even get to the point to ask if there was a vacancy because her incredible rudeness made us drive away as fast as possible as she slammed the door in our faces...

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
wolfdog2, General Manager at The Paquachuck Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
We are now under new management!
st. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I stayed at the paquachuck this July for four nights and loved it! I found the Innkeepers really friendly, the rooms very comfortable and the surrounings really neat. This is definately not the Ritz carlton but, very low key and fun.
i am inviting friends to stay for next summer.

• Liked — the scenery and ambiance
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

I rented the entire Inn for one week for my wedding guests. I will first start this review with the FACTS, and will reserve my opinions for the closing statement. When one guest arrived after a long day of traveling and asked to use the bathroom, the Innkeeper refused to let him use the toilet and told him she can't just allow anyone "off the street" to use her facilities. Then she figured out that he was a guest, but did not offer an apology. She refused to do any bed changes, launder sheets/towels or clean rooms. She continually referred to it as "her house". ("How many people are you having stay at my house, anyway?") She refused to serve breakfast, even though it is a Bed & Breakfast. She stared blankly and with disgust at everyone who entered the Inn rather than trying to make them feel welcome. Approximately 40% of the lights do not work. The 2nd floor shower did not get hot for 3 of the 6 showers I took. The entire Inn is covered in dust and appears to have not been cleaned in a VERY long time. The yard, building and property in general is unkempt and not remotely maintained. There are several cats which get in to the guest rooms. There are no locks on the guest room doors. Their is one bathroom per floor, shared by 4-5 guest rooms, which is not adequate, nor are the bathrooms cleaned daily. Simple requests (glassware, mirror, sheets, etc.) were not accommodated. The Innkeeper was visibly intoxicated for much of our week at the Inn. She tried to charge us for "missing towels", "missing sheets", "broken urn", etc., all of which were untrue, simply to try to get extra money. So those are the facts. Now for my OPINION: Westport Point is a beautiful place, one of my favorite towns in New England, which is why I chose it for my wedding destination. The Paquachuck Inn is in a wonderful location, but the owner and innkeeper does not maintain it and she makes it painfully obvious that she does not want people in "her house". She does, however, want people to pay her bills so she will be very sweet as she takes your money up front.

Stayed September 2007
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

How I wish I had read the other reviews before staying here. The innkeeper seemed unhappy to have us. She was annoyed when we called from the road to say we would be an hour late in arriving (9:30pm). The place was in darkness when we got there. Not welcoming at all. The worst of it was that she had a very loud private party on Saturday night. When we complained about the noise she protested saying, "it's Saturday night! And it's my birthday!" She never apologized, and I truly regret handing over my credit card to pay the balance. Westport Point is lovely, but we will probably never go back because there are so few options for overnight accommodations.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Paquachuck Inn? Share your experiences!