“Comfortable, Clean and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

You added Wachusett Village Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Village Inn Road, Westminster, MA 01473   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Westminster
Savannah, GA
“Comfortable, Clean and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit family and friends, and to take in some local attractions. The cottage room was very spacious, very firm mattress, EXCELLENT shower pressure, sitting area and fridge which came in handy to store bottled drinks and snacks for some road trips (kayaking on the Concord River about 25 miles away). Also, the pool (and pool bar) was great and dinner at the restaurant was excellent. Two local favorites are closely down Rt. 2: Kimball Farm Ice Cream in Lancaster and Gove Farm in Leominster. If you are traveling to the Fitchburg/Leominster area, in our opinion this is the best place to stay and we will come back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Concord, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed for a wedding and for under $100 for a cottage for the night it was a great deal. The cottages could definitely use some updating (and maybe some spray for ants), but I've paid a lot more for a lot worse so for the price I was very happy. We were so close to the wedding venue so it was easy to go back to the room and grab anything I needed. Definitely bring your own pillow as the ones there are small and not very supportive. Check-in was easy and there is lots of parking for every building. As guests of a wedding, we were able to socialize with other guests before and after the wedding which was a lot of fun. We probably wouldn't come to stay here other than for an event, but if someone else had a wedding here we would be more than happy to stay again. The rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves - which is good, but unfortuntely in our room in was in the closet, so there wasn't much functional space to hang clothes

Room Tip: We were in the yellow building #322 - this was a good spot because if you were between the white and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We are from PA and traveled to the Inn for our niece's wedding. The staff was super helpful, very pleasant, and overly helpful to all of our requests. We had a cabin room and it was very clean, very roomy, with a fridge and microwave. All the comforts of home. The food was excellent, and the wedding planner was very helpful. All in all our stay (all 20 rooms of us) was a great experience. I would recommend this place highly for their accomodation, weddings, and food. A great time by all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
laurawvi, Director of Sales at Wachusett Village Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments. Our staff cares dearly about customer service and exceeding expectations, it is quite nice to see their hard work is appreciated. I will share your thoughts with our associates at our next team meeting next week. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit here at the Inn!

Laura Hume
Director of Sales
Burrillville RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Where do I begin? This place sits just off the highway so highway noise is always in the background
I booked this reservation several weeks in advance . I arrived 1:00 PM Friday afternoon in hopes of checking in early for a late afternoon
wedding I was attending on the premises . I checked in at the desk & asked if I could check in early. I was told the room was not ready yet.
I explained my situation & gave the clerk my cell phone. I had a great lunch at poolside. At 2:30 I checked the office again, no the room was not ready net.
I waited till 3:00 PM, my room was ready,,,,, dah, 3:00 PM is normal check in, Well so much for special requests.
I had a cabin, clean & bright but not a good idea, I could not open the closet door all the way because the bed was in the way and what did I find on the floor of the closet
my fridge & microwave . I had to get on my hands & knees to operate them & the position of both limited my closet space.
I opened the cabinet that housed the TV, what a cute Little TV is was. I had to brush my teeth using the shower because of very little water flow
in the sink. As much as I wanted to take a shower, it flowed strong but warm, I x-ed the shower idea for fear of running out of warm water.
A little later I asked one of the housekeeping staff for directions to a room in the main building, she had no idea! I stopped at the desk, explained my
water problems, I was told it would be looked into. I stopped at the bar for a drink , a nice young lady but it had to be her first day on the job & the first day
of tending bar. On to the wedding, that went well, the food very good, the food servers quick & accommodating but the bartender for this room was not seasoned so drinks were a little slow in
the making & not to standards. Back to the room after a great wedding, still no improvement with the water. I stopped in for coffee at the restaurant the next morning,
a buffet style breakfast if desired, service was slow, the waitress was good but she was a all alone, waiting tables, cashing people out, refilling the buffet & seating tables.
It's a beautiful location, the grounds were neat & maintained , all the rooms be it guest , restaurant, function & restrooms , were clean, now all that is needed is
management & staff to accommodate the guests

Room Tip: Stay out of the cabins unless you like to rough it,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
laurawvi, Director of Sales at Wachusett Village Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts on the check-in process this past weekend. I apologize for the inconvenience that this situation had caused you upon arrival. While I understand your frustration with the process our standard check in time is 3:00 and when we can accommodate a check in earlier we are very happy to do so as soon as a room becomes available.
The cottage rooms are small and perhaps we simply should remove the microwave and refrigerator however many of our guests appreciate those amenities. We have struggled with which way to go with this issue, thank you for your comments, we will now again take this problem into consideration as to our guests best interests.
The water issue in your cabin has been addressed and resolved, however we are sorry that it was not handled in a timely fashion during your stay.
With respect to the wait and bartender team we will be bringing your concerns to the Food and Beverage director so that they can address and resolve these issues.
Again, we are appreciative of your comments and will use them as a tool to ensure all future guest stays can benefit from them.

Have a great day,

Laura Hume
Director of Sales
Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at the Village Inn in a few weeks ago, around the first weekend in April.
We had needed a quiet get-away, and the inn is only 35 minutes from our house. For years I have driven by noticing the lovely buildings and cottages and always wanted to take advantage of the experience. We were so impressed with the reasonable rates, the opportunity to have a fire place ( needs to be cold though to... take advantage
There are trails going right from the inn, with wonderful hiking that hook up with other major trails, and a short drive from the well known rare and relatively recently discovered old growth forest on Mount Wachusett mountain. And there is a beautiful pool ( just have to wait till memorial day though )
And….the food is great ! I got a tip from the chef how to better prepare my Zuchini ….you will have to ask when you get there.
No trouble having a room microwave to reheat your food or keep beverages cold with a fridge. Both dining rooms have huge fireplaces, the grounds are gorgeous ,and the people working there are all extremely nice , and patient too with overworked clients needing rest.
I have to say it was one of the best inn experiences I ever had , the feel of a bed and breakfast, the convenience and privacy of a large hotel. You get both !
Thanks everyone there for being so great ! And…I am coming back.
Susan

Room Tip: Cottages are terrific ! Remember, you can't use the fire place except under certain conditions f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed with the kids in a cottage in the back part of the hotel. It was clean but old. Great for a night to crash at after a good day of skiing. Fine service and we ate at the hotel restraurant as well, average. Would totally stay again on a quick over night trip.

• Stayed February 2012
Swansea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nice place stayed here several times, always clean, and great food in the restaurant. Can't beat the price for the stay and ski package.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wachusett Village Inn? Share your experiences!