“Love this authentic Korean restaurant. Don't be deceived by its looks from the outside.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westborough Korean Restaurant

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Grafton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

When you walk into this place and see that 95% of the guests are Korean, it tells you that this place is authentic.

This was our second time here in less than a year. I tried it the Dolsot Bimbim Bap with chicken, it was good. My wife was having it for the second time and she absolutely loves it. You can take your own wine to this place and they will give you glasses - can't beat that, can you? Kids enjoyed the shumai and the fried rice.

The place is very homely and casual, but if your expectations are for five star service, you may be disappointed. The waiters are very friendly and they do a good job. We love this place and will be back again.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Gainesville, Florida
“Okay, But I Wouldn't Return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The place smelled great when we walked in and the only other customers were Korean. The waitress followed us to our table with two cups of hot tea and we were sure this place would be as good as the Korean restaurants we'd visited in NYC, Washington DC, and Seoul, Korea.

Service was good, the little side dishes were varied, and the portion sizes of our sauteed dumplings (yaki mondoo), bulgogi, and kalbi were very generous, but there just wasn't a lot of taste. There appeared to be no spices of any kind in the food. The kalbi was covered with a sweet sauce I've never had in a Korean restaurant, and the bulgogi was just plain dull. Even the kimchi was mild.

We wondered if they prepared their food one way for Koreans and another way for non-Koreans, since the place filled up with happy Koreans while we were there and they were clearly enjoying their food. We didn't want it hot - we just wanted TASTE.

I really liked the people who served us so I truly hate to write this review. But we spent $44 on mediocre food, and I'd hate to see that happen to someone else.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“As close to Korea as you can get!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Westborough is my favorite Korean restaurant in Massachusetts. As a Korean, I know exactly when the food I'm being served is authentic or not, and this place by far has the most authentic Korean food. This place reminds me of the restaurants in Korea, especially when they provide you with oranges as a "dessert" when you receive your check, as this is customary in Korea to have a plate of fruit after your meal. I've been to many Korean restaurants that have "Americanized" their food for the palate of the typical American, and I love how this place does not stray from the realness of Korean food. I've brought all my friends here and have been a loyal customer for years!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Authentic Korean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I've been here three times, all during lunch time, and I've never had a bad experience. The food is great and so is the service. You can't go wrong!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
RI
“Why go anywhere else for SECTACULAR Korean cousine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I will not pretend to be a Korean food expert. However after a visit to this restaurant I can tell you that they have some of the most wonderfully prepared, flavorfull foods that I have ever tasted. I have since been to another Korean restaurant, however this is the only one to which I (we) have returned....numerous times, each time bringing along family and friends to enjoy the food with us. I have even gotten used to the fact that we are often to only non-Asian people in the restaurant. If you appreciate AUTHENTIC Koreran food do not miss this opportunity. If you've never experienced Korean food this is THE place to start

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere