“wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
boston
“wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

The food is fabulous and the presentaion is beautiful. The staff is very kind, infomative and helpful. The wonderful atmosphere....lovely, calm and inviting was only surpassed by the excellent quality and presentation of the food. We'll be back on a regulat basis!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“New Owners, New place, Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have traveled all over the world and have had Sushi in many different places. I would put this place on the upper half of all the places I have been. It is a good close-by place that has familiarity and comfort. The service used to be an issue, but with new owners, much has improved. The new menu has a lot of new options/choices and the food is pretty good. When I need a quick Sushi fix, this is the place I go to.

I would recommend it before, but definitely recommend it now!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Park
“Nice service, but avoid sashimi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

I'm a big fan of sashimi. Am from out of town and in Boston for a wedding. Was starving from a day of walking around Cambridge. Wedding is outside of Boston and I didn't want to eat at hotel. Was craving sashimi. Used this app and saw great reviews. Unfortunately, the sashimi is just not good. Perhaps everything else is?? Otherwise, nice people here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great meal, great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

We just tried Hisa for the first time, and it was the best meal I've had in the area in a long time. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the food was fantastic! The miso soup was piping hot and delicious, and the salad had just enough of a tasty dressing. We tried the ginger chicken, grilled salmon, and teriyaki chicken and everybody loved their choices. Our meal finished off with a scoop of blueberry ice cream like another person mentioned - yum! The service was a little slow and the water glasses didn't have any ice, but that's all I can say needed improvement. The prices were very reasonable. You should go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pomfret, CT
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I just went there for lunch today with a friend and we had a wonderful experience. It seems family run and very unpretentious and welcoming. The food was delicious. I had the rainbow roll (California roll with various pieces of fish on top) and my friend had the grilled salmon. Afterwards we were pleasantly surprised by two dishes of delicious blueberry ice cream. When I complimented the chef/waiter on the ice cream, he asked if we'd like another scoop to which we both gleefully said yes. We will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food