“Lipstick on a pig” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Westborough
Williamsport, Maryland
“Lipstick on a pig”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Giving them another try after being "renovated", I was again disappointed. Water from the room above me leaked down into my bathroom. Their solution: some extra towels to wipe it up. Apparently the only repair person they have is just available during the day, not for emergencies in the evening. When it happened for a second night, I insisted to be moved to another room. The only other room available was right next to the lobby, so all night I heard people coming and going, talking loudly. Then there is their highly advertised "grab-and-go breakfast". Oatmeal bars, apples and coffee. Not so much of a breakfast. I guess the hotel is ok for transient workers and people down on their luck needing an inexpensive place to stay, but for the business traveler, it is a big step down from the other national hotel brands.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our grab and go breakfast. Most of guests do not have time to sit down and eat a big breakfast so we have chosen items which are quick and easy to simply grab and go. We do have well equipped kitchen for those who wish to prepare a full breakfast. Our maintenance engineer is on call for emergencies 24 hours a day should the need arise. I do apologize that you had to move to another room. I am sure this was inconvenient and I am truly sorry. To uphold our company's high standards, I will certainly pass along your comments to senior management.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at bwb@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hudson, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

They started off on the right foot with me by giving me the internet rate (or better) over the phone to save me from the EconoLodge down the street which was deemed "entirely unacceptable" by my better half. Yes, being about 7 inches from routes 9 & 495 (and a mile from the pike) is a great location what really stands out about the location is that it is right behind what may be the finest restaurant (actually a pub) on earth, I am of course referring to Owen O'Leary's. Don't order room service from the pizza & pasta shop who place their menus in the rooms in an effort to extort excess cash from helpless victims (hotel guests). Instead, walk, crawl (or walk over and crawl back) to O'Leary's, enjoy the atmosphere, the great food, and the fair prices. This hotel feels like it was built last week and we were the first ones in that room. Final point - - in the morning the coffee is good and the free muffins are individually wrapped Otis Spunkmeyers. This is the way to go - - individually wrapped pastry from name brands guarantees happiness.

Room Tip: Beg to be on second or third floor, first floor is no fun for privacy if keeping curtains open
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations including our grab and go breakfast.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
West Orange, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked a 2 night in a 1 bedroom suite/no smoking and arrived to find myself in a studio suite/ smoking. I was told the larger room was not available as the people using it had extended their stay. The only available cot was also in use. I was traveling with my grandchildren and needed the pull-out couch in the larger room. I had to make other sleeping arrangements for 1 of my grandsons and spent the time with the other two children trying to get the cigarette odor out of the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. You don't also get what you reserve.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that the room type you reserved was not available for you at check in.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bwb@extendedstay.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Westborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel for about a year and a half on business and it's been very pleasant. They remodeled all of the rooms and the new decor is very nice. They have very good morning coffee, and a selection of breakfast items.

The staff is very pleasant; I had a problem with a refrigerator, and they replaced it very quickly.
If I needed anything, I could call down and ask, and they were very helpful. The cleaning in the rooms are excellent every week. If I request something extra, they are more then happy to oblige. I have also noticed that they respect other guest's concerns very well.

I have stayed in a number of extended stay Americas' in Wisconsin and Texas.. and this one is very nice as well.

They used to have very long term rates, but they changed that as a corporate policy a while back.

Overall it is a good hotel for the purposes of long term visist(s), which is what I do, I would imagine for people that need relocation or contract/ business long term over stays, the value and quality is pretty good.

BW

Room Tip: 1st and second floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Westborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've traveled extensively, over the past twenty years, and stayed at some of the finest hotels and resorts in the US, Canada, and Mexico, but I've never been more impressed with a staff, as I was with yours. They seemed to be genuinely concerned about my comfort and welfare. Keep up the good work.

Paul K

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Paul - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so pleased to know that the staff made you feel welcome at our hotel. We try out best to make every guest feel at home and to show them that we care. I am delighted that we succeeded at this mission.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed at and I spend in excess of 50 nights a year in hotels. Trash under the beds, tight spaces look as though they've never been cleaned. Towels had stains on other random "gunk" on them. Walls are paper thin. I could hear the people next door snoring. AC unit sounded like a train when it turned on. Clock was falling apart. smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking

Drive right past this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brian - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your stay with us was not the great experience that it should have been. Cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms is very important to us and to our guests. I sincerely apologize that you were not provided a clean and comfortable room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the staff and discussed your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dconnell@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a hotel snob but there are basic things you expect when paying $94.00/night. I had read the other reviews on here so I was not expecting much while checking in but I was certainly still suprised. My room had a baggage dolly in it when I unlocked the door. The window in the room was open and the ac on was not doing anything to keep the 98° heat from coming in. There was hair in the bathroom and four bags of someone else's moldy bread in the cupboards of the useless kitchenette. I also discovered while cleaning out the bath tub that the bathroom door not only didn't lock but it did not close either. I was booked for four nights and decided to commute instead.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi there,

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room upon arrival is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are inspecting each room for our arrivals daily. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bwb@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road

Address: 19 Connector Road, Westborough, MA 01581
Location: United States > Massachusetts > Westborough
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Westborough
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Westborough Hotel Westborough
Extended Stay Westborough

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Connector Road, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.