We had booked this hotel for only one night... When we got there, we entered the room and discovered that it was a smoking room. Reception advised us that they were overbooked, and that several Priceline bookings had to be placed in a smoking room. I have a 2 month old baby, and was terrified he would end up ill, so I stayed awake all night (we tried to book elsewhere, but there was nothing available) and then left at 5 am after checking in only at 11pm. The room smelled absolutely repugnant, even after leaving the windows open. The smoke was in the carpets, the mattress, the curtains.
It is quite one thing to not be able to meet all requests for Priceline clients, it is quite another to place a family in a carcinogen filled room (have a look at the research on third hand smoke)
The cherry on the sundae was the guy that left his non-smoking room at 5 in the morning to go have his first cigarette of the day...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.
Report response as inappropriate
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission.
I am very sorry for the smoke smell in your room. We do try to accommodate all guest to the best of our ability and it appears that we failed at this mission this time. We are starting a refresh of the hotel very soon and I hope this will eliminate a lot of the smoke smells in the rooms.
I Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 508-616-0155.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.