“Inter-NOT access” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cranston, United States
“Inter-NOT access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel was clean and very nice overall. My biggest and only real disappointment was the price-gouging $10 per night surcharge if you wanted to use Internet access. Most of the local hotels I have stayed in throughout New England have offered free wi-fi access for guests. Arriving to find that I either had to pay an additional fee or not access Wi-Fi was upsetting. I chose to NOT pay for it and used a smart phone with a data plan to take care of my most necessary business e-mails.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is one of my best experiences at a hotel the hotel and Restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I recommend this place for anyone who is working are just passing through. I is convenient to a major highway.. and is centrally located to many restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Saratoga springa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

As a traveling physician, I have the pleasure of experiencing a variety of hotel and employee service. Ever since embarking on this traveling career path I have developed a decent and reliable portrayal of hotel reviews that I am able to pass along to colleagues from time to time. I have never wrote a review though, but felt inclined after my experience.
First off, the hotel is your average hotel. It is clean and the rooms are decent but I feel as though the bathrooms are small.
The staff is what makes this hotel 5 stars in my eyes. For example, Never have I met such an exceptional staff who have made a regular buffet into an exceptional meal. The staff, in particular Alex and Christian, made sure that I had everything I needed for my meal especially since I was late to the buffet hours. When there was question about my voucher for the meal since I was unclear of how the voucher worked. I insisted I just pay to forgo the hassle since I am impatient. Alex took it upon himself to sort it out so I got the buffet for free. Since I was expecting to pay, I only had my credit cards, I was unsure how to leave a tip. Whereas, Alex genuinely stated not to worry about it and to just get on the road.
Since my child was in tow, Christian, another employee, made a little travel lunch for my child on the go with crayons out of the brunch she did not eat. It was just very thoughtful. Keep in mind, they scrambled to do all this without being asked as I was in a rush (and this is obviously not company policy).
This is just a small portion of excellence on part of the staff since I am not looking to write a novel long review. I do hope these employees get recognition for their quality service since they made an average 3 star hotel into being a 5 star hotel solely based on employee performance. That is a first in my experience. Thank you again to the staff of Doubletree!

• Stayed January 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have stayed at this property many times in the past. This time we stayed for 7 nights and found the property to not be up to our previous experiences. The staff seemed listless, the restaurant and breakfast appeared to be understaffed and out of step. Otherwise a great location outside of Boston propper.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sharon K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service at check-in. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding stay from arrival to departure and we have addressed these issues with our staff. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will visit us again and experience the level of customer service that you expect and deserve. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sharon Keeler
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Was at Westborough for a company meeting and dinner. Was planning on staying at another hotel, but the Doubletree was within walking distance from the office. Experience was great and will consider staying here again in the future. Keep up the Good Work......Overall rating, Excellent!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Hinesburg, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is clean, welcoming and personable. I lost my watch and it was turned into the desk from the breakfast buffet area immediate. My disappointments were that My bathroom was very small and there was a lot of noise in the hall late at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great location, close to many businesses. Clean hotel and rooms. Comfortable bed, excellent customer service. Check in process was easy and room was ready. Nice breakfast. Wait staff was very attentive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!