“Hostel shower, not for business” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Washington, United States
“Hostel shower, not for business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stay at the Embassy Suites in Marlboro instead. Only $20 more and well worth it!! Room service was good, but items in room were not replenished. The shower is ridiculous. Narrow tub, hand-held shower head, mysterious faucets - looks like the entire hotel was renovated except for the showers. Had a painful printing experience. There was a card in my room instructing me how to send a print job to the front desk laser printer and retrieve it with a code. I printed my work for the day and went down to get it. The front desk never heard of this before. No printouts in the business center either. I went to my meeting without my printouts - had no choice. After I called this to the manager's attention, there was no attempt to investigate, explain, or apologize. Just like it never happened. I noticed the instruction card had been removed from my room though. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry you were disappointed with your guestroom accommodations. We appreciate hearing from you and will keep your comments on our bathroom appointment in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our guests' experience. The next time you travel to our area, we hope you will stay with us again so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Yours in Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Clean, quiet, comfortable, great soaps in the room, extremely nice breakfast (although I don't think it is complementary unless you buy a package), convenient location, good (small) fitness room with TVs on all the equipment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your response. We are very happy that you found our services particularly our breakfast spread to be nice.

Yes we do have all inclusive rates with breakfast that are available.

Thanks once again and we do hope you will visit us again and again

Canandaigua, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The DoubleTree in Westborough charges very high amounts for AV services. ($50/day to plug into the wall outlet) etc. With screen and marker tablet my charges were over $150/day. This is outrageous!! Additionally, they charge $9.95/day for WiFi. Any other hotel I've ever stayed at offers WiFi free. Don't go there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and host your event in our meeting space. We appreciate your business and apologize you were disappointed in the pricing of our meeting amenities. We are sorry if these charges were not made clear to you at the time of booking and regret they have hindered your opinion of our property. We hope you had a successful event with us and that the next time you do business in the area you will give us another chance to show you the quality experience you expect and deserve.

Edgerton, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

While the hotel is big and beautiful, why on Earth would they charge extra for wi-fi? The location and cleanliness was very good, room was very comfortable. There is a decent restaurant inside the hotel for convenience. Staff are very nice. But we need to pay for wi-fi inour room. We were told that we could get it free in the lobby, but several attempts turned out fruitless. We were a very long way from home and needed to keep in touch with family. I thoght this was rude of sucha big company that does not need to charge "extras" and will not book with them again. Instead, I will continue to support smaller mom & pop places that need the business and give excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

First off thank you very much for the feeback. I am glad your stay was good and you found our Overall Service, and Restaurant quality to be nice. Rest assured your concernes on the wi Fi issue are under review.

We do hope you will visit us again and accord us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend who was running in the (tragic) Boston Marathon 2013. Out of all our recent travels and stays in the US and Canada in similar hotels, we were extremely pleased with this DoubleTree. The reception was very welcoming - very professional but not overly stiff like in some hotels - we were made feel very welcomed and homey. We were told that there were events happening on other floors, but that we would be given the room on the first floor if we didn't object, because it would be quieter. We were then given two delicious warm cookies (their signature), which were truly some of the best chocolate chip cookies we'd ever had. (We had later come up to the service desk to see if we could get extras and were given another two cookies with an "absolutely" and a smile.)

The room was really great. Nothing extravagant here - it's still a 3.5 star hotel - but 1) the king size bed was the most comfortable we had ever slept in, 2) the pillows were heavenly - felt like down-filled (it was the rare time when neither myself nor my gf complained about the pillows being too big or too small or too stiff), the shower was HOT, the room was very clean and well put together, and the TV had all the top cable channels.

When we noticed that the bottles of water in the room were "$3.50" my girlfriend went looking for a drinking fountain to fill up her water bottle. She asked the concierge where to find one, and was immediately handed the exact same Poland Spring water bottle that was in our room, at no charge. That is what I call service!

Only small complaint I would have would be about no Free Wi-Fi. However, the 4G signal on my phone was very strong in our room, so the Wi-Fi wasn't a huge deterrent.

We also used the pool and the hot tub on the first floor, which were great and stocked with oversized fresh towels.

Overall, a wonderful stay. (Also, there was a shuttle that drove her to Hopkinton on the morning of the marathon, which we didn't know about when we booked the room, but which made it very convenient, as they had a police pass to go where cars wouldn't have been allowed).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

So glad you and your friends had a very nice time while staying with us. Thank you for such a nice detailed feedback and, all that you have said is very encouraging to me and my staff

We do hope you will visit us again and wish you the best

Your in Service
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room are nicely furnished, bed comfortable and the staff helpful. Nice stay.

The lobby and common areas are simple and carpet not to my taste, but I was pleasantly surprised by the comfortable and nicely furnished room. Bathroom was smallish but nice and with good products.
The breakfast was good and buffet reasonably priced.
The staff was friendly and patient with a bunch of us nervous athletes going to run in Boston marathon. They provided free shuttle to the marathon start (though I paid taxi to get back from Hopkinton).

The hotel is located pretty remote from anything, just off the freeway, as it seems to be built to serve a adjacent technology park featuring some high profile companies.
I guess the shuttle makes it more accessible, but I am glad I had a car to move around. It is around 30 miles from Boston and good 40 minutes drive.

The price I paid for the w/e stay was reasonable, but I saw the rates going up a lot on Monday night. I may have had second thoughts about paying those rates for the level of hotel.

Overall a good stay and I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

It is nice to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will continue to visit us again and again.

Receiving feed back is very important to us as it allows to make further improvements and, we thank you for the same.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

First. I am reading these reviews and see that the manager has responded to every single one. Great that the reviews are being read...but that is overkill.

Check in was smooth. The person who checked us in (Christine) was lovely and helpful. Our bed is confortable as is the room. I acidentally drank a $3.50 bottle of "premium" poland spring water, thinking it was complementary...but that was my faux pas, not the hotels. Clean quiet. Nice shampoo and lotions.nothibg wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice comments.

We pride ourselves in providing the level of service you rightly deserve and trust you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future

Yours in Service

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!