“Extremely pleased with our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“Extremely pleased with our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend who was running in the (tragic) Boston Marathon 2013. Out of all our recent travels and stays in the US and Canada in similar hotels, we were extremely pleased with this DoubleTree. The reception was very welcoming - very professional but not overly stiff like in some hotels - we were made feel very welcomed and homey. We were told that there were events happening on other floors, but that we would be given the room on the first floor if we didn't object, because it would be quieter. We were then given two delicious warm cookies (their signature), which were truly some of the best chocolate chip cookies we'd ever had. (We had later come up to the service desk to see if we could get extras and were given another two cookies with an "absolutely" and a smile.)

The room was really great. Nothing extravagant here - it's still a 3.5 star hotel - but 1) the king size bed was the most comfortable we had ever slept in, 2) the pillows were heavenly - felt like down-filled (it was the rare time when neither myself nor my gf complained about the pillows being too big or too small or too stiff), the shower was HOT, the room was very clean and well put together, and the TV had all the top cable channels.

When we noticed that the bottles of water in the room were "$3.50" my girlfriend went looking for a drinking fountain to fill up her water bottle. She asked the concierge where to find one, and was immediately handed the exact same Poland Spring water bottle that was in our room, at no charge. That is what I call service!

Only small complaint I would have would be about no Free Wi-Fi. However, the 4G signal on my phone was very strong in our room, so the Wi-Fi wasn't a huge deterrent.

We also used the pool and the hot tub on the first floor, which were great and stocked with oversized fresh towels.

Overall, a wonderful stay. (Also, there was a shuttle that drove her to Hopkinton on the morning of the marathon, which we didn't know about when we booked the room, but which made it very convenient, as they had a police pass to go where cars wouldn't have been allowed).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest

So glad you and your friends had a very nice time while staying with us. Thank you for such a nice detailed feedback and, all that you have said is very encouraging to me and my staff

We do hope you will visit us again and wish you the best

Your in Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room are nicely furnished, bed comfortable and the staff helpful. Nice stay.

The lobby and common areas are simple and carpet not to my taste, but I was pleasantly surprised by the comfortable and nicely furnished room. Bathroom was smallish but nice and with good products.
The breakfast was good and buffet reasonably priced.
The staff was friendly and patient with a bunch of us nervous athletes going to run in Boston marathon. They provided free shuttle to the marathon start (though I paid taxi to get back from Hopkinton).

The hotel is located pretty remote from anything, just off the freeway, as it seems to be built to serve a adjacent technology park featuring some high profile companies.
I guess the shuttle makes it more accessible, but I am glad I had a car to move around. It is around 30 miles from Boston and good 40 minutes drive.

The price I paid for the w/e stay was reasonable, but I saw the rates going up a lot on Monday night. I may have had second thoughts about paying those rates for the level of hotel.

Overall a good stay and I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

It is nice to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will continue to visit us again and again.

Receiving feed back is very important to us as it allows to make further improvements and, we thank you for the same.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

First. I am reading these reviews and see that the manager has responded to every single one. Great that the reviews are being read...but that is overkill.

Check in was smooth. The person who checked us in (Christine) was lovely and helpful. Our bed is confortable as is the room. I acidentally drank a $3.50 bottle of "premium" poland spring water, thinking it was complementary...but that was my faux pas, not the hotels. Clean quiet. Nice shampoo and lotions.nothibg wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice comments.

We pride ourselves in providing the level of service you rightly deserve and trust you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel 5 times with my family. I have relatives that live nearby. The price is reasonable. The staff is always great and the rooms and facilities are clean. My kids love the pool and the Lifeguards are always friendly. It is always a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very positive comments. I am glad you have always enjoyed staying with us. We take great pride in our service and your comments on the same are encouraging.

We look forward to your next visit and wish you safe travels.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. It was a great experience. The hotel is modern and very clean, as are the guest rooms. The service was excellent. When we checked in, the person working the front desk gave us warm yummy cookies from the oven. The woman was very friendly and helpful with some questions I had. The bed was definitely one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on (and I've stayed in many hotels). There was a mattress topper that I fell in love with and it made you feel like you are floating while you sleep. So comfortable! We had no issues with internet or anything else.

My only complaints are: the internet is $10 per day which is a big negative. Also there is no microwave or refrigerator. I always like to keep some bottles of water with me in the room and prefer them to be cold. I was told they can put a fridge in my room for an extra charge, which just seemed silly so I didn't get one.

Overall if you are fine with having no fridge/microwave and don't mind the internet fee, this is a wonderful hotel to stay at and I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to serve you and glad to receive your feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to all your future visits

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week-end, as this was the hotel in which there would be a large, catered, family party.Our room was nice and quiet, with a very comfortable bed. There is a small bathroom, a desk and chair to use for work or for applying make-up, a portable hair dryer, and an easy chair. In-room wifi must be purchased, although it is free in the hotel common areas. We ate one dinner in the hotel, and ate the buffet breakfast (not included) a couple of times. The food was certainly satisfactory. While this hotel probably is in need of some sprucing-up and modernization, all was fine. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and also found our food quality satisfactory.

We hope to see you more often and wish you the Very Best

Yours in service
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is simple and the personnel are friendly. OK for short stay but a bit spartan for a longer haul.

Check-in was quick. Rooms are small but functional -- they clearly date from the 1970s/early 1980s (popcorn ceilings) but have received a facelift. OK for one -- more than one would find it a bit confining. Bathroom was tiny even as basic hotels go. Walls between rooms are thin -- I heard the phone conversation of the person next to me.

Elevators are a bit slow. Hotel is kept very clean. Internet is quick and easy and $10/24 hours. There is an on-site restaurant which is handy given that you're driving distance from the nearest outside restaurant. Hotel food was fine but service was very slow at dinner. Great buffet breakfast with wonderful made-to-order omelets.

Nothing stands out as either terrific or bad. If you're in the area, this hotel is perfectly fine but I wouldn't choose it for a special occasion only because it doesn't have that "special" feel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
florencio_ferrao, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback and, your comments are well received . I am glad you found our services to be favorable particularly, our food quality at Breakfast and Dinner.

Thanks for staying with us and we do hope you will visit us again in the near future

Yours in service

Been to Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough? Share your experiences!