“Not bad for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I only rated this "very good" because I wouldn't have expected better for the price - I wouldn't compare it to a higher end hotel, but overall, this really wasn't too bad. I stayed here for 1 night due to icy roads. Check-in was totally easy as I had booked it online earlier that day.

The room was clean, meaning it was obvious it HAD been cleaned. However, there was evidence of mold in the bathroom (no fan in the bathroom explains that one). The room looked as though it had recently been redone (as compared to previous reports that stated the room felt rundown). This room (309) looked as though it had brand new furniture and whatnot. It was actually pretty nice. Flat screen tv with enough channels; microwave and fridge in the room; armoire to hang my stuff in - all made for a pretty comfortable evening.

Both the afternoon check-in clerk and the morning check-out clerk were so incredibly nice and helpful. Toothbrushes for sale in the vending machine made the day much more pleasant for anyone who had to be around me. :) I would stay here again - it suited my needs just fine

Side note: the certificate in the elevator expired in June.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here while passing thru. It's right off route 9. I thought it's more of a truck stop kind of hotel. Check in/out was quick and easy with friendly staff. There are restraunts nearby and gas right next door. The hall ways had the odour as if someone was cooking. each hall seemed to have different odours. Vending area needs attention. My room was good size, clean and I had a good nights sleep. Room was $70 taxes in and I split the cost with my brother. In the end, it was ok considering the cost. I'm going to check the nearby red roof inn next trip and see if its any better. Then I'll decide if I'll return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Unfortunately, or fortunately this was the only room available for us on our first night in this area. Although the sign flashed $59.00 for a room, our bill was for $71 upon arrival. Given that the other two motels were full, we were somewhat stuck. We took the room. It was nothing special for the money, but it was a place to sleep. No amenities whatsoever for the price. No coffee in the lobby or the room that night, no shampoo or lotion bottles, not even a tissue to blow your nose. Water pressure was a joke. Barely able to shower, and not too warm. There was a refrigerator and a microwave, but nothing I would expect to find for the price.
The bed was comfortable and we did sleep fairly well, but we had to go downstairs on the elevator (4 floors) and to the lobby to get a cup of coffee. When they said coffee until 10 they meant 10. Pots disappeared... no more coffee...
Going back to the room after getting our coffee we noticed a huge black bug crawl out from under a door. I was stunned and grossed out. Not sure if it was a beetle or a cockroach, but when I got back to the room we immediately got on the internet and booked a room at another facility for the next night.

Room Tip: No advice to give...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had to take our pup up to Tufts Vet. Hospital to be spayed and we decided to stay up there overnight. Didn't want to spend a lot of money and wanted to be close by. This was the most reasonable Motel ($62.00 per night) that, based on reviews, would probably work for us for one or two nights. This is defiantly an older motel that has been redone more then once. There was mold along the top of the shower ceiling and a loose and uncovered outlet behind the night stand. It did have a new fridge and microwave, BUT NO COFEE POT OR COFEE!!!! BAD! Bottom line: good cheap place to overnight in but buy your coffee somewhere else and heat it in the new microwave in the morning and be careful when you plug in that computer, look first, plug 2nd.Actually except for this minor stuff it's a pretty good deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nearly interminable weeks. When we arrived, it was near time for the Boston Marathon. Hard to find an affordable room anywhere near Boston for the length of stay we needed. He needed a room central to his warehouse, and this was the best we could find. On several occasions, the fire alarms went off. After a while, we simply stopped responding to them. The fire department would come out, everyone would head to the parking lot and wait and wait and finally the all-clear would be sounded for people to go back in. The staff ALMOST speaks English. Kinda. It seems that their English is much better when you are paying for a room than if you have a problem. The odor in the motel is barely tolerable. And we both smoke! So that's saying a lot. The toilet was a nightmare -- it barely flushed. On more than one occasion, we had to fill the bathroom trash can with water just to flush a piece of toilet paper. The shower was mildewed. The bathroom floor was slick and grimy. I actually went to Target, bought a scrub brush and cleaner and then cleaned it myself on the second day because I cannot stand a filthy floor. The bathroom vanity was a collaboration of part vanity and part 2x2 lumber to hold it up. The laundry costs $2 for a wash and $2 for a dry. The washer doesn't fill completely, and the clothes came out of the dryer as wet as when I put them in. There were no hangers in the armoire in the room, so I went to the front desk to ask for some to hang my wet clothes. After a lengthy attempt to even get the guy at the desk to understand what I was saying I was informed that there were no hangers in the entire motel. None. He just kept saying, "Yeah, that's a problem." No kidding, that's a problem. There is coffee in the lobby in the mornings, but it's terrible. Take your own, or go to McDonald's. A lot of college-age people stayed there while we did. Without fail, they were really loud and obnoxious. Running through the halls, yelling in the parking lot, drinking in the parking lot at night, fighting in the parking lot, skateboarding in the parking lot. This was very common over the span of three weeks, so I have to guess it's common, period. The good points were the price compared to other places, and the bed wasn't the worst I've ever slept in. Convenience-wise, this place is the pits. There is a concrete barrier running from one end of town to the other. You simply cannot drive across the street to Target. You have to either drive up the street several blocks and make a U-turn, or take the side street beside the motel, turn right on the first intersecting street, turn again at the next intersecting street and finally make it to an intersection where you can cross over to Target. Don't be tempted to go to the Walmart that's closer. It's smelly, the food selection is very limited and the people are quite rude. Target is much, much better. The Irish pub across the parking lot from the motel is a place where you can get good food and ice-cold beer, and there is a gas station in front of the motel where diesel is significantly cheaper than anywhere else in town.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

When we arrived, we were informed that no key would be available as their key machine was not working...didn't like that at all but it was after midnight already. Our room smelled strongly of moth balls and was worse in the bed leading me to believe they were actually placed under the mattress but I didnt dare to look for fear of what I might find. The carpet was damp as well and we could hear every noise above, below and next to us. We contacted the front desk who told us no other rooms were available and we were so exhausted that we tried to just sleep. Unfortunately, we didn't sleep well at all and when I opened up our suitcase when we arrived at our final destination the next evening, I was overwhelmed with the smell of moth balls!! Disgusting!! I have never had such a poor experience with a motel 6 location.

Room Tip: Very noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Franktown,CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Could only stand the place for one night. Smoke odor very prevalent in supposedly "Non smoking" wing. Very cold and uninviting atmosphere. Place could us refurbishment. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Westborough? Share your experiences!