“Dirty, Disgusting, Loud, Rude, AVOID at all costs!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Providence, Rhode Island
“Dirty, Disgusting, Loud, Rude, AVOID at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room wasn't ready at check in time. The room they gave us was dirty. We had to leave and come back to our original room and that is when the real nightmare began. The curtains were hanging off the wall. There were spiders and other bugs flying around. One window didn't have a screen. The other windows screen was broken. The comforters were stained and a zipper was broken. The sheets didn't fit the bed properly. The hotel was noisy. The man in charge was rude and unapologetic. The curtains smelled of smoke - we asked for a non-smoking room. There wasn't a spot for our dog to use the bathroom, so we resorted to driving a half mile down the road to a park. The TV was lopsided. The shower head needed repair. The bathroom fan was EXTREMELY LOUD! There was paint chips in different spots on the walls. Oh and the continental breakfast consisted of bread, apples, bananas, little mini-muffins you get out of a snack bag, coffee, milk, juice, cereal, packaged yogurt and apple sauce. Great for my 6 year old. If you can deal with this be my guest, but it was not worth $100 a night. Maybe $25 a night like down the street. We checked out a night early. I wish I could give it 0 stars. The pictures are misleading. The people who run this hotel do the absolute minimum. I could not pack my bags fast enough. I wanted to RUN. Trust me, pay the extra money and stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: AVOID! Stay in a cabin or cottage. Pay the extra money and pay for a better hotel room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

We only needed a place for 1 night that was pet friendly. Sadly, the place smelled of stale smoke and mold. The bathroom had insects in it and the shower had mold. The paint is peeling. I did not sleep a wink because I was so grossed out. We had a long journey and too tired to be upset about it plus up early to get on the ferry to Nantucket, so we sucked it up.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Bellingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

This is without a doubt, THE WORST place on the Cape. It was very dirty, sewerage dripping from the bathroom above and the room was filled with bugs. And to make matters worse, I got charged for a King room and got a double and when I mentioned it I was told "oh well"! When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told they were out but they would have him call me when he got in, Yeah right! I have never heard from them and have left several messages and the even double billed me at the time (thankfully the reversed the charges a few days later). The place was a nightmare. It ruined our vacation. I will NEVER go to an Econo Lodge again. Horrible!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT GO! Run away. Even sleeping in your car would be better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

The Econo Lodge is West Yarmouth was perfect for the night before we were able to check into our cottage rental for the week. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. Across the street is a seafood restaurant and a great mini-golf course. We were allowed to have our dog there and there were specified rooms for pets so that people with allergies can avoid those rooms. This is a simple motel with a small pool and very friendly proprietors. The continental breakfast was generous and free. I would stay here again. This is a motel not a resort but is clean and safe and easy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Let me tell you first, that I have written VERY few negative reviews in my life...but I honestly could not help myself with Econolodge in West Yarmouth.

1) The woman at the front desk started by telling me checkin was an hour after my confirmation from Econolodge...causing me and my fiance to miss our jet-skiing reservation
2) The woman at the front desk proceeded to tell me we could not leave our pet unattended in the hotel room. Now, for those of you who are petowners, this is absolutely absurd. Who goes on vacation and expects to bring their furry friend everywhere they go? How do you leave for dinner, or anything for that matter? This was also NOT posted on the Econolodge website under their policies.
3) After waiting for the room to be ready accepting that we'd have to wait with our dog, the woman at the front desk proceeded to CANCEL our reservation without telling us....therefore ruining our weekend plans. Her reason was that our dog was not of the correct weight. We were waiting outside in our car....and she didn't mention a thing until I approached the front desk.
4) The woman at the front desk took my license and credit card when I first got there, then did not return my license. This also being silly of me not to notice at the time, I sent my friend (who was still in the cape) to grab the license...the woman at the front desk proceeded to deny having it. SERIOUSLY?
5) My friend, who ended up staying there despite my expereince because she would not get a refund, was walked in on by a staff member at Econolodge while trying to be 'romantic' with her boyfriend. WOW.

Not only did this hotel ruin my weekend plans, but I have to take time off of work to get a new license. Like I said..RUN...don't walk away from this hotel. It is days after and I still cannot believe the terrible, awful customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

just here for last minute two night stay
this place was about all that was left and now I know why.
Pictures on website are unrealistic views
property is dumpy looking outside; empty beer bottles in parking lot [ took them home for the deposit :<)]
inside room had the cheap hotel smell and there were bags of Chinese food in fridge though furnishings were ok; outside door did not close right
located on Rt 28 and virtually impossible to make left out of property to go to Hyannis
Do not plan on eating b-fast there
I stay about 60 nights yr in hotels and this was the worst I have stayed at this yr

Room Tip: plan ahead and pick a better hotel there is no elevator and 2nd fl rooms were up a high outside wo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

To be fair.. you get what you pay for. But this hotel is sketchy. There were questionable men whistling at me as I got out of my car and I look like I'm 13. The shampoo probably isn't shampoo and the overall condition of the room is less than okay. Definitely look to stay somewhere else because you likely will not be satisfied here. But hey, there's new TVs with Comcast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!