“Dirty and Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Dirty and Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

We only needed a place for 1 night that was pet friendly. Sadly, the place smelled of stale smoke and mold. The bathroom had insects in it and the shower had mold. The paint is peeling. I did not sleep a wink because I was so grossed out. We had a long journey and too tired to be upset about it plus up early to get on the ferry to Nantucket, so we sucked it up.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

This is without a doubt, THE WORST place on the Cape. It was very dirty, sewerage dripping from the bathroom above and the room was filled with bugs. And to make matters worse, I got charged for a King room and got a double and when I mentioned it I was told "oh well"! When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told they were out but they would have him call me when he got in, Yeah right! I have never heard from them and have left several messages and the even double billed me at the time (thankfully the reversed the charges a few days later). The place was a nightmare. It ruined our vacation. I will NEVER go to an Econo Lodge again. Horrible!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT GO! Run away. Even sleeping in your car would be better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

The Econo Lodge is West Yarmouth was perfect for the night before we were able to check into our cottage rental for the week. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. Across the street is a seafood restaurant and a great mini-golf course. We were allowed to have our dog there and there were specified rooms for pets so that people with allergies can avoid those rooms. This is a simple motel with a small pool and very friendly proprietors. The continental breakfast was generous and free. I would stay here again. This is a motel not a resort but is clean and safe and easy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Let me tell you first, that I have written VERY few negative reviews in my life...but I honestly could not help myself with Econolodge in West Yarmouth.

1) The woman at the front desk started by telling me checkin was an hour after my confirmation from Econolodge...causing me and my fiance to miss our jet-skiing reservation
2) The woman at the front desk proceeded to tell me we could not leave our pet unattended in the hotel room. Now, for those of you who are petowners, this is absolutely absurd. Who goes on vacation and expects to bring their furry friend everywhere they go? How do you leave for dinner, or anything for that matter? This was also NOT posted on the Econolodge website under their policies.
3) After waiting for the room to be ready accepting that we'd have to wait with our dog, the woman at the front desk proceeded to CANCEL our reservation without telling us....therefore ruining our weekend plans. Her reason was that our dog was not of the correct weight. We were waiting outside in our car....and she didn't mention a thing until I approached the front desk.
4) The woman at the front desk took my license and credit card when I first got there, then did not return my license. This also being silly of me not to notice at the time, I sent my friend (who was still in the cape) to grab the license...the woman at the front desk proceeded to deny having it. SERIOUSLY?
5) My friend, who ended up staying there despite my expereince because she would not get a refund, was walked in on by a staff member at Econolodge while trying to be 'romantic' with her boyfriend. WOW.

Not only did this hotel ruin my weekend plans, but I have to take time off of work to get a new license. Like I said..RUN...don't walk away from this hotel. It is days after and I still cannot believe the terrible, awful customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

just here for last minute two night stay
this place was about all that was left and now I know why.
Pictures on website are unrealistic views
property is dumpy looking outside; empty beer bottles in parking lot [ took them home for the deposit :<)]
inside room had the cheap hotel smell and there were bags of Chinese food in fridge though furnishings were ok; outside door did not close right
located on Rt 28 and virtually impossible to make left out of property to go to Hyannis
Do not plan on eating b-fast there
I stay about 60 nights yr in hotels and this was the worst I have stayed at this yr

Room Tip: plan ahead and pick a better hotel there is no elevator and 2nd fl rooms were up a high outside wo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

To be fair.. you get what you pay for. But this hotel is sketchy. There were questionable men whistling at me as I got out of my car and I look like I'm 13. The shampoo probably isn't shampoo and the overall condition of the room is less than okay. Definitely look to stay somewhere else because you likely will not be satisfied here. But hey, there's new TVs with Comcast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Westfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

After staying at this property 5 years ago we have been staying at the Clarion Hotel but due to monetary restrictions we tried this property again and figured we would be so active that we would only be sleeping here.

Upon check-in I was pleasantly surprised at the changes that had been made in the lobby and the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are small at this hotel/motel but our room was clean an the carpet looked brand new, the walls freshly painted and the linens seemed new as well. My only complaint about the room is that the A/C stopped working one night but seemed fine again the next day we did not report this issue. It seems like the management is taking a bit of effort in improving this property. We only used the indoor pool for about 20 minutes and it was clean area the pool was heated to a pleasant temperature not too hot not too cold but all the chair were occupied which was a bit disappointing.

All in all we were happy with this property and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!