“Smelly Room!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
RI
“Smelly Room!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Tidewater Inn was typical old- fashioned motel, which was what I was expecting. However, my room smelled so badly of mildew, I felt like I was suffocating all night long. The carpet needs to be tossed!! I couldn't have been more grossed out.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — mildewy carpeting, thin walls
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Room had a stale smoke smell and urine smell.. awful!!!! The staff is friendly but the room was horrible.. Won't go back!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

We recently stayed at theTidwater Inn and had a great experience. We were pleased with our accomodations. Our room was toward the back of the property and it was clean & nicely decorated. We enjoyed the pool and the on-site diner which was convenient for breakfast. The staff & front desk were friendly. We would return fo the Tidewater since it was a good value for Cape Cod.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

We have stayed here a few times before, but always stayed in the building in the back. We were always quite happy and came back year after year. This year we were given rooms in the first building on the left. The musty smell hits you as soon as you open the door. I kept the door open for a couple of hours hoping to give it a fresher smell-didn't work! The rooms were just ok clean. Every time someone used the plumbing in another room, it sounded as if they were in your room with you. I could hear the people next door talking through the walls.
The only good/great part was Helen's Diner which was still good with great staff.
If we go back next year, it will only be if we can get rooms in the building up back. Too bad!

Stayed October 2007
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

My family and I go to Cape Cod about twice a year and we always look for value in accomodations. This past August we had a problem with a motel and had to arrange last minute accomodations. We found the Tidewater to be the best value and very accomodating. The management and staff are first rate. The room was very clean and nicely kept. Not a 5 star but very acceptable for the family on a budget. I recommend it to anyone going to the cape who is looking for clean rooms on a budget. Helen's Diner was also excellent. I enjoyed it very much and my kids got a kick out of all the 50's stuff that was new to them. Don't hesitate to give this motel a try.

• Liked — Friendly, accomodating and had attractions for the kids to enjoy.
  • Disliked — Needs a larger refrigerator in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
R.I.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

This is an older property that is lovingly maintained. The owner/general manager is very visible and available to guests.
We found the park like grounds gave the inn a very pleasant and relaxed feel.
Breakfast and service in the inn's breakfast "Diner" were also excellent.
the Wests
R.I.

• Liked — owner on sight and available, attention to detail
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

I stayed at the TideWater for 2 nights in July for the first time. I found the hotel to be very clean, very quite and I felt very safe the entire time ( I was travelling alone).

I have been going to cape cod every summer for over 20 years. This hotel is without a doubt one of the nicest and cleanest on the rte 28 strip in the yarmouth/ dennis area. Is it the Ritz Carlton ? Absolutely not. But for $120 a night (give or take a few bucks) do you think you are going to get the Ritz Carlton ? What you will get is a nice motel with an indoor and an outdoor pool, a cute little diner for breakfast. The location is terrific for mini golf, restaurants, and the local beaches. For $100+ a night, you cant do any better in Yarmouth.

My hotel room did smell a tad musty but with the air conditioning on it wasn't that noticeable. The hallways do smell musty. That was something I could live with for the great price and nice location.

Folks lets be clear, none of the hotels on cape cod have fabulous interior decor of there rooms ( chatham bars inn charges $500 a night and there room furniture and beds are only slightly better.)

I think, for the money, you cannot beat the TideWater. Its cheap, safe, impeccably clean and allows people to come to a nice, safe, clean motel and visit cape cod and not have to stay at a scary ugly motel (there are tons of those on rt 28 !)

I stayed at the Tidewater on a Mon and Tues night. My only concern about this hotel is that since it is very inexpensive, that it could also attract high school and college kids staying there on the weekend ( 4 to a room ?) and we all know that would not be fun to be in the room next to them :)

I say give the Tidewater a chance.....yes the female owner is a little cranky but she means well and seems to have her heart in the right place.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!