“Great week on the Cape” 4 of 5 stars

412 Main Street, West Yarmouth, MA info@holly   |
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
“Great week on the Cape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I traded my timeshare week and stayed at the Holly tree resort. A resort is a stretch...it's more of a hotel. On arrival the staff was friendly and helpful. Our studio room was small, recently renovated and very clean. From previous reviews I was prepared
for a room needed some updating! Grounds were clean nothing "resort like" Pools area was great. Overall a good stay, would be better with a full kitchen. We did use the grilling area which was fine!

• Stayed July 2013

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Canton,ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just returned from a week at the Holly tree in W. Yarmouth. We have been owners here for over 20 years. This was only our 4th stay at Holly tree, I could never get used to the Murphy beds, we came down this year to see how the renovations came out. in past years we have exchanged our week and have done OK even though it is only a studio. I was pleased with the new look of the of the unit. The front desk people (who were very helpful) told me that the whole first floor had been remodeled. The studio is still sort of small but they have certainly done the most with the available space. With the 2 of us it was fine, I suppose with two small kids it would have been OK but I don't think 4 adults would be comfortable. Yarmouth is pretty much Mid-Cape so nothing is more than an hour away (once you get off rt 28 which was continuous stop and go ) We drove down to Provincetown to go on a whale watch and explore the city a little. We also made a trip over to The Sundae School in Dennisport which was great. We went to the Irish Pub in Harwhich for a "paint nite" where about ten people took our first painting lesson. It was very entertaining and everyone seemed to have fun, a few of the paintings came out very well. I agree with another review that the pool towels were ridiculous. We went up the street and bought two cheap beach towels. 2 or 3 of the lounge chairs at the outside pool were ripped and pretty much unusable, I don't know why they weren't removed. All in all my opinion of the Holly Tree has gone from just average to very good. They also had daily maid service which my wife liked.

Room Tip: None of the rooms were near the street as far as traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

There are many good things at the Holly Tree but some not so wonderful. Firstly, the place is very clean and in a great location. The front desk (especially Mark and Chris) are VERY helpful and accommodating. There are 2 nice pools- one inside and one outside including a hot tub- very nice. The location is very centrally located and convenient for many parts of the Cape. So, the not so good... if you are planning a Studio room (exchange from Interval International), do NOT reserve a STUDIO room. Studios include a murphy bed (pulls out of wall closet) and a pull out sofa, both full in size. Neither is comfortable. Both have back-aching mattresses and allow for little to NO room for anything else in the room. These rooms are SMALL and cannot accommodate any more than 2 people- but not comfortably. The bathroom is typical- not very updated but serves it's purpose. The kitchen area features a small fridge, small microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Some utensils and glasses, dishes included. Do not plan to do any cooking since not allowed in the town. SMALL, SMALL, SMALL. If you are a family or couple that is looking for day trips and do everything out of your room, you have a chance. But remember sleeping is tough in these rooms.

Room Tip: No to the studio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went to this motel today with the promising pictures they showed on the site. However, upon arriving we found out that not only was the bed a fold up bed in the closet, it was full off stains and a few insects. Not unlike the carpet. I have been in bad hotels, but they were at least worth the price. The only people who felt at place at this resort were the same people who were grunting and snorting in the room next to us which was clearly audible in ours. Then again if I was with my buddies and we didn't care it would be fine. But I was with my girlfriend and I literally felt ashamed for bringing her here. If you do not care about hygiene don't feel scared off by this review. But if you prefer a bed without cum-stains and carpet full of vomit-stains, then I advise otherwise. We booked for three nights, we stayed one....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Booked this place through Interval International, it was a one bed room with two baths. the reason for two baths is that at one time this was two regular hotel rooms converted to a one bed room place. Be warned that there is no kitchen. It does have a sink, microwave, small refer. and toaster. This is due to fact the city not allowing cooking in hotel rooms. The room was clean and had daily house keeping. Bed was good and I slept well. The lighting needs to be up dated. It has and ironing board and iron. hair dryer and soap but no shampoo. I was told if you need shampoo to ask at the desk for it. There are two pools in door and out door along with spa all are well taken car of. The best thing about this place is the staff. They are more than helpful can not say enough nice things about them. The place has it's short comings as do all hotels. it is well kept and clean. I would stay here if I come back to the cape. one thing more there is no elevator.

Room Tip: If you can't climb stairs ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sdcounty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

we drove into the bare parking lot on a cold ,rainy day.the building
is 2 stories of plainess.inside the carpet was losing the battle with traffic.
our unit was a pleasant surprise after all that;roomy,clean,nicely
equipped except for the kitchen which had a small refrigerator
and microwave.
the pool area,indoors at this time of year, was clean and kept at a nice temperature
we also enjoyed the racquetball courts in the basement.
the location is in the middle of the cape,good for exploring.we went a different
direction every day.
we recommend this hotel also for the service,front desk,maids,etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I only stayed one night but I probably won't go back.
My biggest peeve was the back entrance where my room was located was not locked. The sign said it was locked at midnight. I really didn't feel safe knowing any Joe Shmoe can walk off the street and bang on my hotel door. Why don't they have a key card access like the rest of the world?
Other than that, the studio room was small but very clean and had some recent updates. The murphy bed wasn't that bad but I couldn't see 2 people sleeping on it. There was a small couch and a cheapo flat screen tv with bad sound.
The bathroom had soap but no shampoo. There was a coffee maker,fridge and microwave all in good condition.
The indoor pool was on the small side compared to others in the area and because of the riff -raff chillin at the pool I did not go in. But the pool is next to the check- in so everyone probably has to behave.
Because of the super low off season rates, the resort seemed to attract assorted low lifes, so there were plenty of f-bombs in the air, children be damned.
If it wasn't for the clientele and the security issue it seemed decent. But because of those issues I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for a one bedroom on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!