“exterior looks unpromising” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
sdcounty
“exterior looks unpromising”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

we drove into the bare parking lot on a cold ,rainy day.the building
is 2 stories of plainess.inside the carpet was losing the battle with traffic.
our unit was a pleasant surprise after all that;roomy,clean,nicely
equipped except for the kitchen which had a small refrigerator
and microwave.
the pool area,indoors at this time of year, was clean and kept at a nice temperature
we also enjoyed the racquetball courts in the basement.
the location is in the middle of the cape,good for exploring.we went a different
direction every day.
we recommend this hotel also for the service,front desk,maids,etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ditmar33

Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I only stayed one night but I probably won't go back.
My biggest peeve was the back entrance where my room was located was not locked. The sign said it was locked at midnight. I really didn't feel safe knowing any Joe Shmoe can walk off the street and bang on my hotel door. Why don't they have a key card access like the rest of the world?
Other than that, the studio room was small but very clean and had some recent updates. The murphy bed wasn't that bad but I couldn't see 2 people sleeping on it. There was a small couch and a cheapo flat screen tv with bad sound.
The bathroom had soap but no shampoo. There was a coffee maker,fridge and microwave all in good condition.
The indoor pool was on the small side compared to others in the area and because of the riff -raff chillin at the pool I did not go in. But the pool is next to the check- in so everyone probably has to behave.
Because of the super low off season rates, the resort seemed to attract assorted low lifes, so there were plenty of f-bombs in the air, children be damned.
If it wasn't for the clientele and the security issue it seemed decent. But because of those issues I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for a one bedroom on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank raineday33
New Ipswich, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff wasn't overly friendly. We needed towels on of the days and the front desk (where you get them) acted like we were bothering them. The murphey bed was horrible. We actually tried sleeping on the pull out one night, which wasn't any better. The location is the best part of the hotel. The hot tub was a great plus. The outdoor pool was about 10 degrees warmer then the indoor one even with it raining out. Overall I would give it a 5-6 out of ten. Not the worest place we've stayed but certainly far from the best.

Room Tip: Stay away from the studio rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Melissa R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stay to the Holly Tree maybe 5-6 times a year. We feel at home and the staff is amazing . The rooms are getting renovated and they are beautiful . If you need to stay in the capes, Holly Tree is the way to go.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Yukongeniva
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have owned a timeshare here since 1989. It was a great place to vacation with my children when they were small. Close to the beaches, the aquarium, centrally located to everything Cape Cod. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Nice to have a small kitchenette in the unit....refrigerater, microwave and dishes. We are not morning people so it's nice to just hang out and have breakfast in the unit.The indoor and outdoor pools are nice and the hot tub is a bonus. My granddaughter loves the arcade room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I've been going to this hotel for 25 years. The kids are grown and I now enjoy it with my granddaughter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Denise916
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love this little hotel. It is clean and comfortable. I went in November and it made a great home for a week of exploring Cape Cod in the off season. The pool and hot tub are great and the staff is friendly and helpful. Looks like they are doing some renovations so should be even better once they are completed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SophiesMom55
Central NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I used a timeshare transfer to stay with my husband and toddler. I read many reviews ahead of time and had expectations. I actually brought an air mattress after reading all the scary reviews of the Murphy bed. There was nothing wrong with the bed. We never took out the extra mattress. I did speak to someone as the resort who did complain the bed was terrible but we didn't have any issues.

The room was clean and orderly. Maid service came daily.

The pool area was nice, my son enjoyed playing.

The front desk was friendly, even let me watch TV in the lounge (baby was sleeping). There was a room with books and jigsaw puzzles to utilize.

The location was great, right in the center of the cape. Dinner in Hyannis was a short drive. We were able to drive to Provincetown on day and Falmouth another day. We even drove up to Boston.

Simple place with great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Hyannis
Holiday Inn Hyannis
#9 of 22 in Hyannis
4.0 of 5 stars 453 reviews

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!