“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have owned a timeshare here since 1989. It was a great place to vacation with my children when they were small. Close to the beaches, the aquarium, centrally located to everything Cape Cod. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Nice to have a small kitchenette in the unit....refrigerater, microwave and dishes. We are not morning people so it's nice to just hang out and have breakfast in the unit.The indoor and outdoor pools are nice and the hot tub is a bonus. My granddaughter loves the arcade room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I've been going to this hotel for 25 years. The kids are grown and I now enjoy it with my granddaughter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love this little hotel. It is clean and comfortable. I went in November and it made a great home for a week of exploring Cape Cod in the off season. The pool and hot tub are great and the staff is friendly and helpful. Looks like they are doing some renovations so should be even better once they are completed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Central NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I used a timeshare transfer to stay with my husband and toddler. I read many reviews ahead of time and had expectations. I actually brought an air mattress after reading all the scary reviews of the Murphy bed. There was nothing wrong with the bed. We never took out the extra mattress. I did speak to someone as the resort who did complain the bed was terrible but we didn't have any issues.

The room was clean and orderly. Maid service came daily.

The pool area was nice, my son enjoyed playing.

The front desk was friendly, even let me watch TV in the lounge (baby was sleeping). There was a room with books and jigsaw puzzles to utilize.

The location was great, right in the center of the cape. Dinner in Hyannis was a short drive. We were able to drive to Provincetown on day and Falmouth another day. We even drove up to Boston.

Simple place with great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We traded with RCI for a timeshare week and the resort suited us well. Its in a central location to visit tourist sites on the Cape plus Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. A bonus is that you can purchase ferry tickets at the front deck, at a slight discount. There are indoor and outdoor pools and the hot tub was an added bonus after a day of bike riding. We had a one-bedroom suite and found it was very comfortable. We are used to doing some cooking so not being able to in Yarmouth (apparently its a area bylaw) was a different experience. However, there are a variety of restaurant options within easy driving distance. The resort has daily maid service and I'm not sure it is needed (from an environmental perspective).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't open onto the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sutton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were looking for a last minute inexpensive week at the Cape. The Holly Tree Resort was available through IntervalWorld getaways. Knowing the unit was only a one room efficiency, I was not expecting much. The common areas were very clean as was the room. Daily maid service was a bonus. The staff at the front desk were all very helpful and gave great recommendations for restaurants. The pool area was great for the grandkids and we enjoyed it too. Most of all the location was perfect. If you don't mind not being right on the beach, the Holly Tree is a very good place to stay. I would recommend only two people per unit, unless you get a larger one bedroom that would sleep 4 more comfortably.

Room Tip: The townhouse style units are much more spacious for families. Seagull Beach is about 1.5 miles away...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bowdoin, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I made the reservation thinking I was going to be doing the weekend trip by myself, but I talked my sister into going to the Cape with me to a Maine Ghosthunter's event. (Awful). We drove down on a Friday night and arrived after 9pm. When we arrived at the motel we had to wait in the office quite a while for someone to check us in. Then, when we went to our room we were shocked to see how tiny it was. My sister took the murphy bed and I took the sofa bed (and used an air mattress that I brought with me). Good thing. My sister did not sleep well on the brick hard murphy bed. We were supposed to stay two nights, but stayed only one.

Room Tip: DON't stay in one of the efficiency rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Taunton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay at Holly Tree. First time I left a couple of days early because of the Murphy bed in the studio unit. This trip I needed a room for one night. I was checking out of a timeshare and was on the Cape one extra night unexpectedly. The Holly Tree had a studio open. I figured I wouldn't get much sleep. I was pleasantly surprised with this room. It was near the pool and this Murphy bed was fine! My grandchildren loved the location. I enjoyed the pool with them. Free coffee and tea in the lobby was a nice touch. Our room was clean and front desk service very good. There's a game room on property. Some of the games didn't work, but overall the kids enjoyed it. Also a small playground outside was nice . The building next to it has basketball. We did not get to check that out. The property is undergoing some renovations but we were not bothered by it. Overall a fun and pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!