“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
sacramento, ca
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

Studio is small for 4 people, but we managed just fine. Rooms do have microwaves now. A little disappointed to find out there is a ferry leaving from Yarmouth to Martha's Vineyard for $15 and takes only 45 minutes. We were sold $30 vouchers at resort to travel from Hyannis which took 1 hour 40 minutes. Room was clean and staff was friendly.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Size of room
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed in a studio room over the weekend after Labor Day. The rates were similar to those of some of the cheap motels we've stayed at in years past, so we jumped on it. In comparison to some of those cheap motels, the Holly Tree is nicer. The pool areas are nice and clean, and the interior corridors (even though they weren't air conditioned) made us feel like we were staying in a hotel. A hotel, not a resort (although the notorious Thunderbird is now a "resort", so maybe it's not so bad!)
We were not impressed with the room. The bed pulled down from the wall, which was fine, but it was pretty uncomfortable. The toilet made a whining noise when it flushed, and the air conditioner was loud. I should say, though, the room was no worse than those cheap motels!
The staff was friendly, the location was good, and the internet access in the lobby was helpful. Otherwise, it was a mediocre stay, but for the price, it suited us fine for two nights.

• Liked — The pools
  • Disliked — The uncomfortable bed
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new bedford, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

My family and I recently stayed at the Holly Tree Resort. The staff were extremely friendly and hotel was very clean. Our room was very spacious because the bed pulled down from the wall. The pool was great. There was an indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool had three sections; a 3ft section great for small children like my daugther who was 7 mths old and was heated like bath water; jacuzzi section; 9ft section. This was a great place to stay, its on a main road so there are tons of places to eat at and things to do. Couldnt ask for anything more for under $100 a night. I will definitely be staying here next year.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — bed a bit uncomfortable
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

Well I am 21 years old and my parents bought a timeshare at the Holly Tree in 1989. We have gone back every year in April on our school vacations ever since. (well except on leap years when our vacation for school would fall on the following week, after our scheduled week of school vacation) I love this hotel for a few different reasons. The price is not bad at all. You get a lot more for your money than most places. They have an extreamly pleasant staff. The Holly Tree has something for every one in the family to do. The pool is accommodated for people of all ages. The game room as well has a little something for everyone. Also if you workout on a regular basis, there is an excellent gym for anyone over the age 18. We have always had a studio room here, and we have never had much of a problem with space. When the beds are out its a bit harder for you to navigate around the room, but nothing i would fuss about. My family is actually vacationing at this hotel in 1 week, and i am extreamly excited about it. I would rather stay at the hotel and go swimming than go out sight seeing!

In conclusion i would like to say that this is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. I have been staying there every year since i was 4 and i will probably be staying there every year for years to come its a great place to stay and friendly staff to accomidate you and your family. I would definatly reccomend the holly tree to anyone.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vernon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

My husband and I spent a long weekend in mid-September at the Holly Tree. We were treated very well at check-in. The room was big, especially the bedroom. We liked having two bathrooms. The bed was comfortable. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. We found out they have an indoor basketball court so we will definitely go back and bring our son and one of his friends. We certainly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2005
Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

This is our second time in 2 years staying here. It is perfect if you have kids. Get the suite - it has a separate bedroom with its own bathroom. The living room has a small kitchen area and a queen size sleeper sofa that the kids slept in. It also has its own bathroom. I put the kids to bed each evening and they watched their own tv and I went and watched my shows in my bedroom.

The resort itself is great. Indoor pool is mobbed at times but to be expected as I went with the kids during vacation week. The kids got rowdy and the parents did not seem to watch the older ones that were in the pool with the younger ones, but that is to be expected. There is a hot tub (no kids allowed) and a small kiddie pool for toddlers. Clean and in nice shape.

The indoor raquetball court and basketball court are great for those rainy days. Sign up at the front desk. You can also easily rent videos for, I think, $5 for 24 hours. Pretty good selection too.

Free computer access in the lobby, with a 15 minute limit. A nice touch for checking email etc. I believe that the cost was $117 a night for our large clean room. The king bed was really comfy and even though there weren't any fancy amenities, it was comfortable.

The only problem is that the kids tended to run through the halls at all hours of the night. Loud banging of the doors and it sounded like there was a party going on next door everynight during our stay. But, it was fine.

I would definitely stay here again. Great value and nice facilities. Worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2006
Salem, Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

I found the resort and the staff to be most friendly and accommodating. I had originally booked at the Howard Johnson Inn only to arrive and find the indoor pool not working. I had my three grandchildren with me so cancelled my reservation there. On exiting a gentleman from Maine who was outside recommended the Holly Tree. The kids had very long faces thinking their quick mini vacation was going to be ruined. A quick drive down the road, availability and quick check in quickly changed them to happy faces again. The only room available was a suite (small), with a Murphy Bed and pull out couch, both full size, it was clean, a little tight for sleeping 5 but dooable. The pool area was very nice and tropical. Hot coffee and tea available 24/7 in the lobby, clean pool towels whenever needed. Pool hours 9 am until 10 pm. No lifeguard on duty so no one under 16 allowed in the pool without parental supervision. Hot tub off limits under age 16. There is a snack machine and arcade. Kids so busy in the pool never went to arcade. They also have activities for kids across from the pool throughout the day. It is close by to many nice restaurants as well as close to fast food restaurants. Room had a sink, refrig, dishes in the cabinets, toaster, table and chairs. The price was definitely good. 55.00 a night off season (this is good for school vacation week) but even better, with a two night stay there was a discount of 10%, so price went down to 49.00 a night. (My original booking with HJ Inn was 65.00 a night with broken pool. The kids had a great time as did I, would definitely book there again. Plenty of things to do in the area, zooquarium, hyannis shopping, kennedy museum and beaches to roam even if not warm enough to swim in april.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!