“The Only Place I Go For Lobster” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in West Yarmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: The Lobster Boat has been serving affordable family meals to locals and visitors for over 30 years. We are open for lunch and dinner from noon daily and serve the freshest and finest local seafood from our own Fish Market located on the premises.Our unique casual waterfront seafood experience allows you to enjoy our Cape Cod style outdoor waterfront dining pier or our protected enclosed dining room, both situated on scenic Parkers River overlooking the Marina.We feature daily and weekly specials and offer cocktails, wine and delicious refreshing frozen drinks from our boat bar. Our menu includes favorites like our homemade onion rings, Lobster Boat Combo, 3 lb. Lobster and Cape Cod Platter.Our continued success is based on providing our customers with quality, value and unsurpassed hospitality in a true Cape Cod waterfront setting. We thank you for joining us and hope you enjoy your experience and come again.
Hyannis MA
“The Only Place I Go For Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is my go-to restaurant for lobster, and I can't believe some of the negative reviews. There are only about two restaurants around that meet or beat the twin price, and the ambiance there makes the $2 very worthwhile. The woman's bathroom is one of the nicest I've seen in my life, and it's always clean. No utensils? That sounds ridiculous, but I have to admit the next time I went, I forgot to look for them, so either it wasn't a problem because the lobster was cooked perfectly, or we did indeed get utensils. I'm going to go with the latter. The prices are less than you'd expect given that you are on the water on a main road. The staff is always great, and I don't recall food ever being cold, or having other issues. I am always sad when the place closes for the season, and excited when it reopens in the Spring.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Still a Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Returned to Lobster Boat again this summer and still liked it a lot. The food is good, not great, but good. But the real draw is the location. You can't beat sitting out on the dock in the evening. And the corn on the cob is great!

Visited September 2012
New York
“Cute Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food was good but I thought a little pricey. Bathrooms need help. Waiter was excellent. I like the idea of being able to sit out on the patio but it was way to windy the night we went.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“I don't get all the negative reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was a bit hesitant to try this place due to the fact that reviews for it seem to be say it is "great" or "Terrible", but with a week to explore and a 2 lobster deal, I figured what the heck and tried it. I am glad that I did. They had a two lobster special for something like $22 dollars, we got two lobsters (not culls), a baked potato (or rice or fries) and a half an ear of corn. The price alone was worth it. Lobsters were very good, as one cannot really screw up a steamed lobster, and although they were small, two of them made for a nice meal. The hot bread and butter they delivered first was excellent. The clam chowder was thick and piping hot. I compare it favorably to even the vaunted Captain Parker's chowder. The view was great, overlooking the docks and they had a surprisingly good selection of wines. Yes, this place is "touristy" and I can see how it could get loud and crowded. I had no complaints about the service, either. We ended up hitting the Lobster Boat twice in our week here and saw no drop off in quality of food or service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The food was very good. Well cooked! Scallops were the best. Our server was very good and when asked for "something not on the menu", she went and asked the kitchen and they were very accommodating. We would go there again and set outside on the deck.