“Cute restaurant, lousy service.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in West Yarmouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lobster Boat has been serving affordable family meals to locals and visitors for over 30 years. We are open for lunch and dinner from noon daily and serve the freshest and finest local seafood from our own Fish Market located on the premises.Our unique casual waterfront seafood experience allows you to enjoy our Cape Cod style outdoor waterfront dining pier or our protected enclosed dining room, both situated on scenic Parkers River overlooking the Marina.We feature daily and weekly specials and offer cocktails, wine and delicious refreshing frozen drinks from our boat bar. Our menu includes favorites like our homemade onion rings, Lobster Boat Combo, 3 lb. Lobster and Cape Cod Platter.Our continued success is based on providing our customers with quality, value and unsurpassed hospitality in a true Cape Cod waterfront setting. We thank you for joining us and hope you enjoy your experience and come again.
Hinsdale, Mass
“Cute restaurant, lousy service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant is very cute and I love that it's on the water. But my husband and I don't eat seafood and this is one place that we always have a hard time finding something to eat. The service is always lousy as well. The only thing that I thought was cute was the give the kids a frisbee with their meal that is actually there plate. I don't know why we always give this place a second chance. It was also $85 for my husband, myself and our five year old. Let me remind you we don't eat seafood.. That's a little too pricey.

West Henrietta, New York, United States
“Great family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband wanted seafood and we chose this restaurant for the proximity to our hotel. Having 2 kids with us we were looking for a kid's menu which they have and the kid's meal comes with a free souvenir frisbee that they sell for 2.95 otherwise. We went on a Sunday night around 7pm and called ahead to see how long the wait would be and were told it was only 5 min....when we arrived there was no wait at all. We were seated promptly and Jessica greeted us quickly with a friendly smile and hello and offered to bring water and bread right away which she came back with in less than 5 min. We ordered our drinks which also came out quick, along with steamers for an appetizer. There was at least 2 dozen in the order and all of our entrees including the kid's meals were generous size. I had the seafood Scampi and my husband had the stuffed haddock which were both delicious. I ordered mine without the mussels and there were 4 very large shrimp and 4 very large scallops with a mound of fettuccine. My husband's haddock was huge and came with 2 sides....he chose French fries and broccoli. The kid's had fried fish and a cheeseburger. The atmosphere was nice, very much what I would expect for a Cape Cod seafood restaurant. We enjoyed the view of the water while we ate. Our server, Jessica, was very attentive and friendly with the kids and anticipated our needs for extra napkins, drink refills, etc. Food was very good and came out fast. We were in and out of there in an hour but certainly did not feel rushed. We spent $94 before tip which I thought was reasonable, considering I had spent $42 the day before for McDonald's for lunch and we had 3 alcoholic beverages tonight! I would definitely recommend The Lobster Boat...we had great food and service!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“Very touristy. Mediocre service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had eaten at this restaurant some 20 years ago and had fond memories, so we went back when we came to the Cape for a wedding. It was just OK. Our 3 meals - fried clam strips, stuffed Haddock, and fried Haddock were all the same level of mediocrity. The lobster prices on the menu were shown as "market price," but it was like pulling teeth to find out just what the market price was. I doubt that we will go bak the next time we get to this area.

Fall River, Massachusetts
“LAST NIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We saved this for our last night on the Cape, as I knew it would be a pricey meal. They do have a kids menu, Great atmosphere, friendly staff. The food was great

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Resturant with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went for there 2 lobster for $21.00 Requested a table outside had to wait a bit but it was well worth it. Great food great view.