“Need more help” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Buffalo, New York
“Need more help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

liked the host very nice too husband and I his name is louis
food was not very good over priced
very dark decor food was cold waitress at the restaurant was not very welcoming

Visited September 2013

Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
“Excellent dinner & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As usual, we had an excellent dinner at the Yarmouth House. The seafood bisque is out of this world and loaded with seafood.

Visited September 2013
Adirondacks
“Expected Better for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ordered twin lobsters for $41.00 and it was warm with cool butter. I was disappointed as was my wife with her meal. The service was good but not excellent. Maybe if we had ordered something else it would have been better but as it was our first night on the coast we wanted lobster.

Next time we will try another restaurant but after we read all the postive rating we thought we had made a good selection. Again to be fair maybe it was just an off night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Willingboro, New Jersey
“Lovely food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I dined at Yarmouth House after receiving several recommendations from fellow lodgers at our B&B down the street. It certainly didn't disappoint! We had the salmon (the sauce was wonderful) and the surf & turf. The food was all cooked just as we had ordered it. It did take a little time for the food to arrive (they appeared quite busy), but our server, Taylor, was wonderful. He chatted with us and made us feel at home without being overbearing. Fortunately we felt the food was great, but we would make it a point to go back and ask to sit in Taylors section again. He certainly made our night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I dined here for our anniversary. This was a recommended resturant. I called in advance for reservations. The gentle man whom answered was very polite and helpful. I explained that this was for our anniversary and asked for a "special spot" in the resturant. We were placed by the water wheel. Very lovely spot a little chilly but cute setting. We ordered our drinks. Both from the bar. I received my martini with a fruit fly in it. I also received a glass of water with a fly in it. I didn't not complain, being a bartender I understand these things happen. The waiter removed the water as he had noticed the fly and brought me a new glass. As we waited for our appitizer i came across a brake in my martini glass and notified the waiter he removed the glass brought me a new drink. We received our app in which seemed like a while. A table came In after we had ordered and seemed to have gotten their meals when we received our appetizer. Our appetizer was delicious. We waited for or dinner for quiet a while. My fiancé ordered a sea food plate. And for an additional charge you could add lobster. He opted for that option. I ordered chicken parm. When it arrived we were surprised. His plate and for the price was not meeting his expectations. His "lobster" was missing half and there was a random lobster leg kinda tossed on the plate. My chicken was undercooked. It took awhile for anyone to come see us once we received our meal. Finally a manager made her way over and asked if we'd like desert. My plate uneatn sat on the table chicken cut open and clearly pink. She did not notice and At this point we were so annoyed we said no and I'm almost positive she picked up on the something's wrong vibe yet failed to ask when she came to our table. She brought us boxes and told our waiter to get us our check and get us out. We paid and left 25%. I'm not one to complain but I was feeling pretty bummed so i decided to call. I spoke with the general manager whom seemed to genuinely care. He Told me he would send me his card and to notify him the next time we came in,we like 2 hours away, so he could meet us. I didn't ask for a refund I just felt I had to notify him. Being in this business, a good manager wants to know if something's wrong. I have waited to write this review in hopes or reciving this card. I feel this resturant should have been spectacular and I'm pinning this misfortune on pure bad luck.

• Visited August 2013