We just got back from a 2-night stay at the Green Harbor. The pluses: the property is very beautiful and well maintained. There is a playground on the beach, mini-golf, and a nice heated outdoor pool. I was impressed by the brand new quality and selection of the kitchen utensils in our kitchenette, you could tell that the owners take a lot of pride and care in maintaining the units. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.
The cons: we were there for 3 days/ 2 nights and the weather was awful. The property is not comfortable at all when it is rainy/ chilly. The room felt damp the whole entire time, and we were packed in our room like sardines with not much to do. We couldn't go boating, as they did not loan out the paddles due to high wind. We couldn't go biking, because we were freezing. We ventured on the beach a few times, and my son managed to swim in the pool for 2 hours one day before it started raining. There was supposed to be a magician visiting as part of their entertainment and my son was very excited about it, but he never showed up. It was a disappointing trip considering we paid $300 a night. Since it is so expensive and the Cape apparently can have pretty unpleasant weather, even in July, it would be nice if they had an indoor playroom for kids so you aren't holed up in a small damp little room with your kids in bad weather.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel
- Green Harbor On The Ocean West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 53 units ranging from one-room efficiencies to four bedroom single family homes accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable family adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no public restaurant facilities on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis’ popular Main Street. With its spacious cottages and Cape Cod villas, Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, fun clowns, fishing derbie and magic shows. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.