“We didn't want to leave.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Harbor on the Ocean

You added Green Harbor on the Ocean to your Saves list
Green Harbor on the Ocean
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   182 Baxter Avenue, P.O. Box 746, West Yarmouth, MA 02673   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct!
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“We didn't want to leave.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was our first time ever on Cape Cod. We selected this loacation based on tripadvisor reviews and we were happy with the choice. Right from the start everything was perfect; our check in with Starr was friendly and she gave us helpful information about getting around the area. There were two of us and the one room cottage was perfect size. It was clean, crisp and immaculate. The shower was orgasmic! Hot water with the greatest water pressure we've felt in years. Everything worked perfectly if I did it again I would stay there again but this time I would bring my grandchildren and spend two weeks so we could see all the sights and enjoy the facilities: canoes, row boats, bikes, swimming pool, BBQ, picnic tables and the peaceful relaxing atmosphere of the surrounding are

• Stayed June 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NH, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have come to expect an excellent product from Red Jacket, however Green Harbor has once again exceeded my expectations. The staff is so warm and friendly, you get the feeling that your spending time at a friends guesthouse.

The rooms are not meant to be luxurious just homey, well appointed, and immaculate. The kitchen has all you need to cook if your so inclined. Need an extra large pan, a blender, a few more dishwashing tabs, make a call and it will be at your door in minutes. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are beyond clean. The pool is basic ,clean and heated to about 85 degrees, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrella tables. The beach is in a bay the water is calm, there is a playground and swings for the kids, shade and rocking chairs for the adults.

I have been visiting this resort most every year since 1984. I have been here with friends, with family and young grandchildren, somehow this works for all groups. Everything you need to eat in, very good restaurants near by .

All staff from office to housekeeping to handyman seem to take such great pride in this resort, they make you feel so welcome and I notice they work so well together , resulting in seamless service.

If your looking for glitz this may not be your cup of tea. If you are looking for a great location and wonderful beach vacation this is the place to try.

Room Tip: trust staff to guide you
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Marshfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

My family has been vacationing at Green Harbor since I was three years old, and it is one of my fondest childhood memories. We used to stay in unit 73 each year (great room, awesome views) but now we rent one of the 3 off campus houses with our family size growing. After our first couple of years, my aunts and uncles starting coming here too after listening to how good of times we had. If you are looking for a totally relaxing, extremly pleasant staff, and wonderful family vacation this is the place. This resort is very kid friendly, but we also see alot of couples staying here enjoying themselves.

The large heated pool is really nice, and there is a glass barrier wall that reduces the offshore wind. The beachs are nice, groomed, plenty of chairs, and the ocean water is always above 70 in July. If you have a boat they have a few moorings you can keep is on. There is a nice mini golf course on site, and larger mini golf courses within a five minute drive. The cooking facilities really help you cut down on vacation costs, but plenty of dining options nearby. (Capt. Parkers has the best prime rib dinner I have ever had). It's a private retreat, but if you are looking for nightlife or shopping Hyanis Harbor is a five minute ride. There are large area's of grass kids can play on, fishing off the jetti's, playground on the beach, a nice cabana on the beach to escape the sun but still enjoy the beach, bikes, activities, shuffleboard etc. I could go on and on but don't want to bore people. The past few years we rented the "Habor House" but last year we upgraded and stayed at the "Great Harbor House" and it was so nice! The decor is your sterotypical cape cod themed, the grounds are gorgeous, but one thing in particular that makes the trip is the people who work there. There is a wonderful couple that run the place, and from the top down every single employee goes above and beyond to be make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The maid staff is very nice, and even came back at a different time because there was a child napping. It's the little things like that that keep us coming back every since year. We took a few years off because my brother and I played football is HS and College, but we enjoy coming every year now again in July. Can't wait, 7 months away from our next visit!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
What can I say? You have said it all. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is heart warming to know we can play such an important part in peoples live and give them such fond memories.

Again, thank you and we will see you in July.
Dix HIlls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

My husband, my 6 yr old and I stayed at the Green Harbor the last week of August 2010.
We picked this place mainly due to the great reviews on Trip Advisor. They weren't wrong.
It consists of separate cottages and 2 floor condo type rooms. Our "suite" consisted of a queen bed and a pullout couch. I thought a suite meant some kind of separation between rooms, but it was one big room. All the rooms are efficiencies as there is no restaurant on site. There are plenty of decent restaurants down the block on the main strip (Rt. 28?). Mom in law liked Yarmouth House and if you want something really fancy check out The Ebb Tide (15 minutes away)-yummy lobster.
The heated pool (they supply floats and noodles, if you forget yours), Lewis Bay right on the grounds, mini-golf on the premises all made for a fabulous vacation for our child and the others. A canal off Lewis Bay surrounds the hotel...crabbing off the dock or in the shallow water keeps the kids really entertained. My son learned how to ride a two wheeler on the last day. He helped himself to the supplied bikes and rode around the parking lot. We wanted to make it to Nausett Beach but our son was so happy where he was..we stayed put.
Some small negatives-uncomfortable bed and rough sheets, small bathroom with slow shower drain and housekeeping could have been more attentive (same dirt outside cottage 2 days in a row). The decor is dated.
If you're looking for a mellow, very family friendly place-this is it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
I am so glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves so much. In the future if you decide to come back, which we obviously hope you do. Let us know if or when a problem occurs. We have a very competent and friendly staff that will do anything they can to make things right.

I had to laugh when I read your son learned to ride a two wheel bike. That is something he will always remember. I know I still remember the first time I did it.

Thank you for taking the time to type your review. It is greatly appreciated.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this place is. The staff here could not be nicer, very very accomodating. The first night we were here we realized that the Cottage that we rented was too small. We asked if they had a bigger place available which they did. They even moved all of our things over to our new room for us. About the only negative thing I would say about the Green Harbor Resort is that it could use some updating, but that's not really a negative. This place is really great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to type your review.

Yes, almost anytime our guests need to move from one location to an other we do everything we can to make your move as easy as possible.

Our staff is very proud of our guest services. I am glad we exceeded your expectations. This is one of our goals. Thank you.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

This place has it all. Responsive, friendly and knowledgeable hosts, heated outdoor pool, full kitchens, excellent housekeeping staff, gorgeous grounds, and a safe bay-front area for kids to explore. Be sure to bring nets and fishing poles for the little ones to muck around right outside your door. We go every year with our extended family and each get separate cottages (much better that way!) Green Harbor is a tradition that my kids look forward to every year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, September 4, 2010
Thank you for for your kind words. Our staff does take pride in our work. We do appreciate your comments. We will see you again next year.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Just come back from the GH resort. Usually I don't spend time writing reviews like this, but I think this place deserve an exception. I am italian, I live in Boston, andthis was my first time on the Cape I looked for weeks on the internet for places to rent for me, my wife and my two kids (4 yo and 5 mo). I read all reviews here on tripadvisors about this resort and decided to trust them: best decision ever!! First of all we arrived last week, at the beginning of a "nice" rainy and cold week. It was my only week of vacation, imagine my mood....after a couple of days I tried and went to the front desk and explained my situation, saying I could not waste my only week with my family staying indoor all the time (it was really cold and rainy believe me!). The wonderful woman (I am sorry I don't remember her name! She's blonde, short hairs), told me with a big smile that the townhouse we had rented was still available the next week, so we could postpone our reservation, which we did, going back to Boston and then returning on the weekend. Ten millions point just for this great proof of professinality and kindness. I loved it. When we finally came back, we felt immediately at home. Beautiful place, our townhouse, oceanfront, was just perfect. My daughter loved it. A lot of kids and I immediately understood why: to use my daughter's words, "they have so many things to do every day!!" Magic shows, clowns, crab races, yo-yo demos, really a lot of fun for the kids. Plus, a little nice playground right on the beach, which I found cool (swinging on the sand with the ocean right in front of you is prettu cool, isn't it/!). Room service impeccable, all staff extremely kind and useful, every single one. It was like being home, did I say it already!?! I wish I could stay longer, at least one more week (considering now in Boston it's mre than 90!!).
Thank you to all the great people working there. I will definitely come back again next year.
I highly recommend it, expecially if you have young kids and you are looking for a relaxing place where you can leave your kids out feeling safe all the time (I forgot to say you can take a bike, not rent, just take and go, you, your kids everybody, they have a lot of different size bikes there).
Great job!! Thank you so much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
We are so glad we could help you salvage your vacation. We want you to enjoy your stay with us as much as you do. Knowing you and your family enjoyed yourselves and are coming back is what we strive for.

The great part about stay at any of our resorts is that you can use the amenities of any of our other 4 resorts. I see you took full advantage of that. Good for you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to type your review. It is greatly appreciated.

Been to Green Harbor on the Ocean? Share your experiences!