“Great Fun, Great Service, and Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Early Bird Gets Dinner!
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leyden, Massachusetts
“Great Fun, Great Service, and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The Bayside Resort Hotel is our favorite place to stay on the Cape. The rooms are clean, the entire building is well-kept. The staff is wonderful. We utilized the "night for a penny" special so were able to wring value from our dollars. Having a beautiful breakfast buffet included made it even better. I would recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Danvers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

The Bayside Resort Hotel is a wonderful place to stay on the Cape. They issue you a few $6.00 off coupons for some area restaurants, they have a great little game room, free continental breakfast and a wonderful outdoor sitting area with a cozy firepit. It is conveniently located on Route 28 in West Yarmouth. We didn't take advantage of there golf packages this time, but we will in the future! A great place for a family to stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Oxford, MA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We had a 2-night, mid-week stay Sept. '10 at the Bayside Resort Hotel in W. Yarmouth, MA. It has fast become a home-away-from-home for us! What can I say...they consistently provide a comfortable, relaxing, safe environment at fair prices! The selfish side of me hopes that not too many more people find out what a great value it is to stay there, because then it will be more difficult to secure a room when we want to stay there!

The rooms are always clean, there is never that 'hotel odor' that proliferates most places...no traces of mildew, no stale scent in the room! The rooms are well-equipped, with ample towels, a couple well-placed wastebaskets, and a coffeemaker, stocked with coffee in the room is the best, as I am a very early riser!

And I love the pool hours, especially the indoor pool! Having 'adult swim time' from 7-10 p.m. is the best; being able to hop into the pool at 8 a.m. after a continental breakfast, it's almost like having the place to yourself!

This year was the first time I had the chance to avail myself of the outdoor recreation area! I have a brother & sister-in-law that live on the Cape, so we invited them to spend a couple hours sitting poolside with us, enjoying cocktails & chips prior to dinner! The Bartender at Bellyfloppers (outdoor Tiki bar) was a delight; quick wit, able to interact pleasantly with a wide range of ages and personalities, and a non-stop smile! Same goes for your Bartender at your indoor bar, the Moby Dick Pub!

For us, we enjoy the interaction with the varying ages of the guests that stay at the Bayside! We've met returning guests from Ireland, upstate New York, Rhode Island & CT, and even FL! It's fun to strike up conversations with 'strangers', share a laugh and trade stories, all in a comfortable setting. We always feel so at ease when we stay at the Bayside Resort!

Great service all the way around, from the people that staff the front desk, to maintenance people...doesn't matter who you stop to ask a question, they go out of their way to assist you! A good example of this: I went to the front desk to ask if anyone knew about an 'Antiques Bazaar', held on Wednesdays, in Sandwich. Neither staff member had heard about it, but both spent about 10 minutes doing some research on the internet, finally located the info, and even took the time to print out directions to the locale! They could have done a really quick search, and pointed ME to the computer in the lobby, but they took the time to research and provide me with the answer I was seeking! Now THAT'S what I call customer service, and it's the reason I return time and again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My wife & I were pleasantly surprised with the quality and service of your resort. We enjoyed our weekend with you and the Romantic Package. I was surprised with the Yarmouth House's menu after being told we could order anything off the menu. Their food was also fantastic. Your room was clean, well kept, up to date and comfortable. My children purchased the gift certificate we used for the weekend and I have already mentioned that the Bayside Resort would be the place for us. The Breakfast room was fantastic and well stocked with breakfast items. The attendant was well spoken and funny. I spoke with her while she set up the room asking her if she enjoyed the extra hour of sleep because of daylight savings time. Another good one was when we tried to hit play on your free movie channel and searched the remote for reasons why it didn't work. It's TV I mentioned you can't operate it like a DVD Player!!!! Thank You very much for a wonderful time on the Cape. We have traveled to the Cape now for 37 years and you are one of the top places to stay in my book...Thanks Again..We are already on your email list for specials and golf. Keep up the great work!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Perfectly acceptable motel type hotel.
Breakfast included - food was OK but surroundings could have been cleaner.
Interesting bar - we enjoyed chatting to Polish barman.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Last year I planned a sewing retreat for members of my sewing guild. I contacted Andrea Cummings from the Bayside Resort Hotel . She impressed me right away with her knowledge of sewing/crafting retreats (which was a welcome relief since I had never planned a retreat before). Due to many factors, including location, availability, affordability, and the accommodations, I decided to book our first retreat with the Bayside.

The retreat was such a wonderful success last year that we decided to do it again this year, and we have already reserved again for next year. I can’t say enough about Andrea Cummings and how instrumental she has been in creating a wonderful environment for our sewing weekends. Our members all have full time jobs and families, and it can be difficult to get away for a weekend, but the wonderful accommodations (both guest rooms and function rooms) at the Bayside Resort Hotel make it all worthwhile!

• Stayed November 2010
North Smithfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

This trip was a mini vacation for me & my husband. I wanted a place to relax and yet be close enough to be able to do something too.
The day starts in the cozy breakfast room. They have a lot of choices and it was all very good. The best part is it's part of the stay....no extra cost. I love making my own waffles!
We went on a whale watch and did some sightseeing in Provincetown. There are excellent restaurants that are very close by. Lots of little stores to browse in too.
The next day I hung out at the pool. I spent the day reading and it was perfect. The pool area is very nice - big pool, hot tub and sauna.
Our room was a good size - 2 double beds, refrigerator, Table & chairs, etc. We had the sundeck but the weather didn't cooperate with us. It was very comfortable.
We went to the pub in the evening and had great service...even got some popcorn made for us. Very pleasant bar area and the dollar bills all over the walls and ceiling are something else!
Overall, it was a very satisfying experience and no complaints. The service was excellent & housekeeping was very good. It was my second time here and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!