“We've stayed here 4 years in a row” 4 of 5 stars

Are you a Holiday Hero?
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Latham, New York
“We've stayed here 4 years in a row”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We keep coming back to the Bayside because of the convenience, activities for kids,and amenities. Breakfast is ideal, pools are great, proximity to several beaches, close. Outside fire pit is cool. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is less noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

It was a very good stay. nice room and clean. room service is also great. I like everything. Few problems were in our stay such as the breakfast because it was the same everyday and the hotel is not luxurious as I expected from the reviews .

Room Tip: The "View room"isn't worth the money because it's only a regular size window
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My room was clean, and the nightly bonfire is a nice feature. The free breakfast had a lot of variety. The hotel seems to be in a pretty decent location; not far from dining and only a couple miles to Seagull beach. Unfortunately there were a couple issues; the air coming out of the air conditioner smelled very much like mildew/mold (which was not great with my allergies). An easy fix; I unplugged the unit and opened the window (fortunately the weather was nice). The fitted sheet on the bed was very pilly and scratchy. The walls are very thin and the floors very hollow; when I turned my tv off for the night, I heard a man next door talking on the phone. You could hear every step that people took out in the hallway (and of course worse with running children), and every step that people took on the floor above. For the price I paid, those issues were a bit disappointing. (Fortunately this was a 'secret' hotel from one of the travel websites, so I paid less than asking price). These issues probably could've been overlooked if the price wasn't so high. If you decide to stay here, make sure you ask for a room on the 2nd floor!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is my first review. I feel compelled to warn others. Perhaps everyone else knows what they are getting when traveling to Cape Cod but I did not. This hotel is not as nice as I was led to believe. It's more like a Motel 6. It is in a great location for traveling to other places in CapeCod and the marsh in the back is nice so if your needs are basic and if that is what you are expecting, then go for it. The staff is nice but not knowledgeable about basic things to do like going to Martha's Vineyard for the day or how to take a ferry. The directions they hand out are wrong.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stoneham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Bayside is right in the area of being just shy of a very upscale hotel. Their rates are usually reasonable. I'd recommend getting a room with a jacuzzi, it only cost me $20 extra when I stayed there. Flatscreen TV's in every room, awesome outdoor pool with lots of space and a sand volleyball court.

The free continental breakfast is probably the best I've seen down the cape. There are a variety of juices, muffins, breads, bagels, yogurts, fruit, coffee, pastries, and you can make your own fresh waffle.

Can't beat the location right on Route 28 in West Yarouth, there is a ton to do in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Overall, the hotel was good. I would stay here again; however, there are things that I would love to have known before hand.

Overall feedback:
1) In general, the room was pretty clean. I actually had to go back to my room to get something and saw the maid (Sue) on her hands and knees cleaning the bathroom floor of the room next to us. I was impressed with that! The carpeting could use a good cleaning and the drapes in the room had some white "gunk" on them....couldn't even begin to guess what that was.
2) The bed was hard as a rock! Did not make for a relaxing sleep.
3) The hallways have a very musty smell; however the room had no musty smell at all. Yay!
4) Paid and extra $5 for a Cathedral Room. That just means that the ceiling comes up to a peak. Not sure exactly why you have to pay extra for that???
5) We got there a few hours early and the room was ready. I was very happy about that.
6) Need everyone to know that there is no water access at this hotel. There is a "beach" front that overlooks the marsh. It is really pretty the way they have it set up. You can sit on any of the Adirondack chairs and enjoy the view, but, do not plan on any bay or ocean access. This beachfront is for your viewing pleasure only.
7) The grounds were very clean and pretty. I specifically enjoyed the fire pit. It's a gas fire pit so there is no smoke or sparks flying around. My husband and I enjoyed several hours of sitting around it with other guests. Conversation was lively and spirited. There was quite a bit of Red Sox / Yankee rivalry between all of us...this always makes for great conversation.
8) They have both indoor and outdoor pools. The outdoor pool is a bit on the smaller side but was very clean. The indoor pool is larger and has a great hot tub.
9) Moby Dick pub - great bartenders at both indoor and outdoor pool. Very good conversationalists (Dave & Rich - nice job)!! Biggest disappointment with the bar areas is that the food is not cooked on site. They order from Taki's pizza down the road and it needs to be delivered to the hotel. This jacks up the price a bit and it also takes on average 30-45 minutes to get your order. The menu is very limited - your choice of a few appetizers, a couple of personal pizzas or a burger. That's it. I really wish they had an on site restaurant.
10) Continental Breakfast - okay for a quick something. Can get pretty crowded, but there is plenty of seating inside or out. Mostly muffins, donuts, fruit, cereal, make your own waffles, juice, hardboiled eggs...not bad!!!
11) LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION - the hotel is centrally located to a TON of different activities, beaches, stores. Our room faced the main road and we did not hear any noise from it. We also did not hear any noise for any adjoining rooms.
12) Free Wi-Fi - was very good. Not need for a password - just get right in. No problem anywhere on site using Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: they have rooms with balconies that face the marsh. Get that if you can....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Bayside Resort for 2 nights, as it was a 5 minute drive from Seagull Beach and due to the overall good reviews here. Cape Cod is fairly notorious for dumpy hotels, so we needed to choose carefully.

The resort is located on the main road going through West Yarmouth - minutes from the beach, stores, mini golf, restaurants etc.

I was immediately impressed by the outside of the resort and its grounds - immaculately maintained, there wasn't a blade of grass out of place, not a stain on the parking lot asphalt. Great care is clearly taken here.

We were promptly greeted by the front desk clerk upon our arrival. Check in was smooth and informative. We were given a map of the resort, and shown how to get to our guest room, the dining hall etc. We were also given a map of the area beaches, with descriptions and directions. Very useful information.

Our spacious guest room had two queen beds, a microwave, mini fridge, full bathroom and good storage space. The beds were comfortable and the linens of acceptable quality. We were located at the end of a hall, and we did not hear any of our neighbors.

The property had an outdoor pool (which we did not use, with so many beaches nearby), an artificial "beach" overlooking the salt marshes, and an outdoor gas firepit. There was plenty of parking available.

The breakfast was somewhat limited for a resort - fruit, yogurt, cereal, cold hard boiled eggs an waffle makers. Some hot options (eggs, breakfast meat, hot oatmeal - we do not like hotel waffles tbh) would have been appreciated and this was a shortcoming to begin the day. If I can make a recommendation for this resort hotel, it would be to beef up the breakfast a little.

On Expedia, the room came to $165 CAD plus $20 tax/fees per night. A very good value overall, especially given the rates at area hotels that are not worth recommending.

Overall, this resort was well maintained, with clean comfortable rooms, in an excellent location, providing an adequate (albeit a bit on the skimpy side) breakfast. We would return and hence would recommend it here.

If you thought this review was comprehensive and useful, please click "Yes, Helpful" to let me know. We rely on trip advisor for honest, thorough reviews before trying new hotels and restaurants (etc) and leave feedback accordingly for others :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!