i'm sure that there are many other motels in the general area that are worse, but they cost much less. i paid $100 total and this is what i got:
1) i stood in the lobby for around 8mins before someone finally came out to check me in.
2) the room smelled like mold. we had thought that maybe it was just the fan/AC, so we turned it off and opened the window. thought this would go away when we came back a few hours later. it did nothing; all night the room smelled horribly of mold.
3) the window had no screen. so either you want your room open to the outside, or you want it to be stifling inside. we had to keep all our belongings in the car because we wanted to air out the room but didn't want someone to be able to get in our room (the area is not too nice).
4) the bathroom door opened IN. the bathroom was essentially a closet. could barely close the door since there was no space to close it.
5) chipped paint on the walls. crappy painting job on the bathroom door. obviously this didn't significantly impact my stay as it is only aesthetic but it kind of shows how much effort they are putting in to this place.
6) pillow covers did not look clean - and when i woke up i had a few zits on the side of my face that was on the pillow.
7) the cover sheet and top sheet, when we got there were DAMP. i still don't know why, but slept in the bed with pants, socks and a full shirt on because i was so grossed out.
if i had paid $50 or $60 for this room i would have no complaints. the room was $90. it is not worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Thunderbird Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Hotel West Yarmouth
- Travelodge West Yarmouth
- Thunderbird Motel West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA