“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Thunderbird Motel

You added Thunderbird Motel to your Saves list
Thunderbird Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   216 Main Street, West Yarmouth, MA 02673 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Manchester, New Hampshire
“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you are not looking to stay in a run down dump, then you should avoid this property at all cost. Pictures of the property are very mis-leading, this place is very run down inside and out. Plus you can stay at cheaper places right around this hotel for cheaper money and better accommodations. There is no outstanding value here !!!

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Utica, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a very nice choice for the budget traveller. The rooms are fairly large and clean; there's a nice indoor pool and a very basic breakfast provided; the wireless internet worked well. The host is helpful with local suggestions. Its location in West Yarmouth is very convenient for exploring Hyannis or the rest of the Cape. I would return here, because for $75 a night (and that included the fee for having a pet) I don't see how you could possibly do better on a Memorial Day weekend. If you're looking to go to the Cape on a budget, this is the way to do it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for July 4th Weekend and It was a great stay for us!! thank you so much. We will be back soon.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
South Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We reserved a room here with only 6 days notice.Everything around was either fully booked or 2 night minimum stay.We arrived around 5 PM and there was one couple ahead of us.We were treated very politely when we were checking in.The sign out front said newly renovated rooms.On our way into the entrance of the motel,we were shocked when we saw the main door in;a white door that had no latch or lock,and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks.We opened it with our elbows.On to the room itself.We held our breath.Surprise---new carpeting,new linens,good size room,clean bathroom.The soaps,shampoos,etc. were all minimal,but adequate with no waste.The free Wi-Fi worked very well.The TV was quite old,no flat screen,but worked ok with a good selection of channels.We had a very quiet restful night.All in all,a budget no frills hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Enfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I booked here based on good reviews on another web site! Don't believe it. My first impression wasn't too bad. It doesn't look like a dump from the outside. However, when I went into the office, the girl at the reception desk was on the phone and did not even acknowledge that I was in the room! The room we stayed in was dingy, and the indoor pool was not only not heated, it was FRIGID! My son who wants to swim every day of his life could only stand to be in the pool about 10 minutes. I complained to the travel site that this place was not as advertised after one day and demanded a refund from the web site and hotel manager. The hotel manager had an attitude with me and threatened not to give me a refund if we didn't get out within an hour! Our bags were already packed!

Room Tip: Don't Even Bother!!!
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pelham, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The Travelodge is apparently now the Thunderbird. I called to inquire about availability for Memorial Day 2011. First of all the person on the phone could not even give me the correct website to view. He kept giving the name backwards. When I finally did get to the website I figured I should probably verify the info on it. My first question /comment was "Oh, I see you have a continental breakfast." The reply was NO, we have told them to take that off the website but they haven't done so. I then began to ask a few other questions to which I did not get answers to. Instead, I was rudely asked why I was asking so many questions and was told that if I got there and did not like the room not to expect a refund. With that I hung up!!

Room Tip: I can not recommend a room.
Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

While we stayed here off season I still though it was good value - especially compared to elsewhere in New England. The room was clean and spacious and was quiet despite the hotel being on the main road through West Yarmouth.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Town 'n Country Motor Lodge
Town 'n Country Motor Lodge
#14 of 20 in West Yarmouth
3.0 of 5 stars 290 reviews

Been to Thunderbird Motel? Share your experiences!