“Grungy squatting pad” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area

You added Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area to your Saves list
Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   69 Main Street Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673 (Formerly American Host Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
New York
“Grungy squatting pad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

AVOID!

We stayed with our dog and cat because they were apparently the only reasonably-priced pet-friendly hotel near Plymouth. Next time we will pay the premium for a better hotel. We put up a Do Not Disturb sign so they wouldn't let our animals out (who were always in cages when we left, BTW).

The motel is full of Russian/Eastern European immigrants/travelers who apparently live there. They played loud music and left garbage everywhere. Several times over four days, we had to complain to management about booming cars. They sit around their cars and blast music. Fun vacation, eh?

They all hung out on the patio, blocking the way, trying to get a better wifi signal (and hogging bandwidth downloading movies). The wifi signal was only good after 1am. Breakfast ended after 10 am. Why not 11 am?

The room was musty and smelly. There was no shampoo or lotion, probably because they learned the "residents" hoard items. The TV was old and the image was starting to fade.

Like another reviewer said, there are bicycles chained all over the place. We had a couple of dings on the rental car from the bikes, no doubt.

The only plus was that the pool was decent. The manager told me not to do cannonballs in the pool (even though the pool room was empty and I was the only one in it). Yet he took forever to lambast his trashy residents. He obviously has no idea how to properly run a decent hotel.

We saw him walk into one of their rooms and yelled out to a resident who was sitting at a picnic table. "This room is trashed!"

The location was okay since we were planning to go to Plymouth and Provincetown.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I read the reviews at first, i didn't believe what people said, but it was in the back of my mind. Wefirst went and got room 174, when I first walked in with my puppy, it was full of pizza boxes, and was apig sty. I went and complained than got a floor on the first floor, 154. This room was very suspicious, I checked my bed for bed bugs since people complaines, I found a little dead black bug, but everyone said it was lint. I SAW THE LEGS! We decided to go to the beach, when we got home, it was sort of late, i decioded to go to bed, only to find little bugs on the ceilings jumping around. I had to sleep with a dress on my head, sweatshirts, sweatpants and socks in 90 degree weather, without a working air conditioner. By the way, there was a leak in the bathroom ceiling that kept me up all night. I didn't sleep under the blankets atall, i put my puppys blanket on the pillow and lining the bed, then proceeded to buy a new blanket to cover my self up with. The maintenence guy is a creep. He lives there, two doors down from us. We met him while he was carrying an axe toward us, its was scary. He is an alocholic and parties nonstop every night. We stayed for 2 more nights and when they made the ebds in the morning they used the same stained bloody sheets and comforters. I then sporrted a trail of little black bugs. DISCUSTING! The pool isnt heated and the wi-fi sucks. The refrigerator worked, in fact it froze all of our food, than we had nothing to eat. I didn't sleep, it was the longestg 3 days of my life. IT WAS NASTY! IF YOU CAN AFFORD ANOTHER PLACE: DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SMU22
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

When you first walk into the room you think it is ok. Then you check the Bathroom and it is dirty and stinks. Then you see that the room has not been vacuumed. Now it is time to go to bed and that is when everything goes to hell. I find a nice size cockroach in my bed. My friend found Blood and urine stains in his bed. Then we found Bugs on the ceiling. Next we go down and talk to the manager and he was not friendly at all. He did not even say sorry. This is a crap hole motel and they do not give a [--]. He gave us blankets that were wet and smelled like urine. We did not even sleep in the room. We slept in our car which was unsafe. Room 159 was selling drugs out of the room too. Why I say that because there were 5 different cars drove up in the middle of the night and knocked on the door and they received a package and then drive off. It is the Ghetto of Yarmouth. Do not stay there. You are better off sleeping in your car across the street at the Mini Putt Putt course. I would not swim in the pool either. You could get syphilis from swimming. I would bet that there are bed bugs in the rooms too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I don't know why these reviews are so bad. We stay in room 111 & it was very clean. The kids went in the pool & I did not see any mold, though the hot tub wasn't working. The man in the office was very nice & helpful. For what you pay, you get a nice place to stay.
I'll stay there any time I go on vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

A group of us have been going to this motel for at least 4 years the first weekend of summer. We've stayed at several other lodgings and find this one meets our needs. While it may not be a 4 or 5 star facility, our rooms have always been clean and free of bugs and mold. The staff is always friendly and competent!!! Sorry - we have no horror story to report, other than it is sometimes difficult exiting the motel onto route 6 because of the traffic.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

I booked a two night stay at American Host Motel in Yarmouth (Cape Cod).

It took an hour to check in because the lady in front of me was arguing about getting her money back. The reason why...I don't know but it was easy to figure out afterwards.

I was traveling with my husband, son and a 5 pound puppy. I was assigned to room 107. It was very smelly and the bathroom tiles and shower curtain very moldy. We stepped out to dinner and returned at 7:00. I proceeded to uncover the bed to lay down and to my dismay saw the blood stain blanket and filthy sheets that contained tiny black bugs.

I immediately complaint to the front desk and the manager sent someone to change the sheet and cover...again stained with bugs. I told him this was a health hazard and wanted a refund.

He was arrogant and said to deal with Expedia. Long story short I lost my money because the web site cleary stated non refundeable. The manager was very arrogant, rude, mean and couldn't care less of our experience.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everthing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

I would recommend you not to stay even a single second in this motel......Behaviour of hotel staff is really bad.......There was a guy name "Shah". He had no sense no manners how to talk to people....

Stayed August 2008

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!