“Really Bad Experience!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area to your Saves list
Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   69 Main Street Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673 (Formerly American Host Motel)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Springfield Ma.
“Really Bad Experience!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My first mistake was letting my roomate make the reservations for this place. Secondly when we arrived we were given a room that smelled so bad we sprayed it down with fragerance we had with us and left hoping that when we returned, it would be better. Two hours later when we got back to the room it did not smell any better. We asked for another room and were granted the request. The second room did not smell as bad but was just as dirty as the first and because it was so late we just decided to lay down on the beds and get what sleep we could. That didn't last long as there was constant noise from cars, people laughing and dogs barking outside our room that went on until past 2am. In the morning we just got up and left as we didn't want to shower or use any of the facilities because the place was so filthy dirty. There wasn't anyone at the front desk when we left so we couldn't communicate our dissatisfaction with anyone thus I am writing this review hoping to help other people avoid a similar extremely bad experience like the one that we had. This place really is a very bad experience!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Adams, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here and it was the worst place I have ever stayed at. After the first night I noticed blood on the sheets and called the office. A couple of days later all of us including my 3 month old son got an awful rash all over. I called the board of health and gave them the room number. They later told me they shut the room down. I called and asked for a refund and they refused. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had stayed here in the past and thought it would be a good place for a one-night stay on the way to Truro. I'll start with the good: we arrived late and management stayed up to check us in- I thought that was helfpul. Breakfast was not bad- cereal, muffins, and bagels. The location was convenient.
The bad: the room was dirty, dirty, dirty. There was a dead bug on the telephone- that was the first sign. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets, but by the time we noticed it it was too late for housekeeping to come so we had improvise. There was also some sort of fece on one of the chairs- whether it was mouse or otherwise I am not sure.
Needless to say, I don't think I will be staying there again. For the price I paid, I expect some level of cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cranbury, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The worst place we have ever stayed. Pictures look nothing like the place. Old, run down and dirty. Place needs to be closed up, and completely redone. Rooms are small, toilet seat stained, we had to wash it, and wash the bath tub, before we could shower. I am all bitten up from the mosquitos. I would never recommend this place to anyone. I cannot give this place any rating, as there is nothing on the list that is less than zero.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had gone to CapeCod first time with my friends.
We stayed in this motel, looked very convenient to all the places and decent.
We had a great three nights stay comfortably with good service by the staff. very courteous, Clean rooms, free break fast , cable TV,...
Nice swimming pool. lots of car park.. close to all the restaurants and game place.
Me and friends liked it very much. we will go to stay there again when we go to Cape Cod.
Very affordable room rent.
Keep up the good work American Host !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

If you want to a have decent stay and save money, its a good deal with all the basic facilities , its a very comfortable place with breakfast and indoor swimming pool. Great vacation place . I will go back again !

• Stayed May 2012
Bent mountain, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I booked early and got a great rate. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The Wi-fi connection worked great. The bathroom had ceramic tile and was very clean. The rooms are sheltered from the street so you don't hear much street noise. The AC worked fine. It was a very good value for what I paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!