“Not the same as last time I stayed.” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   69 Main Street Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673 (Formerly American Host Motel)   |
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
Connecticut
“Not the same as last time I stayed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had stayed here in the past and thought it would be a good place for a one-night stay on the way to Truro. I'll start with the good: we arrived late and management stayed up to check us in- I thought that was helfpul. Breakfast was not bad- cereal, muffins, and bagels. The location was convenient.
The bad: the room was dirty, dirty, dirty. There was a dead bug on the telephone- that was the first sign. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets, but by the time we noticed it it was too late for housekeeping to come so we had improvise. There was also some sort of fece on one of the chairs- whether it was mouse or otherwise I am not sure.
Needless to say, I don't think I will be staying there again. For the price I paid, I expect some level of cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cranbury, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The worst place we have ever stayed. Pictures look nothing like the place. Old, run down and dirty. Place needs to be closed up, and completely redone. Rooms are small, toilet seat stained, we had to wash it, and wash the bath tub, before we could shower. I am all bitten up from the mosquitos. I would never recommend this place to anyone. I cannot give this place any rating, as there is nothing on the list that is less than zero.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had gone to CapeCod first time with my friends.
We stayed in this motel, looked very convenient to all the places and decent.
We had a great three nights stay comfortably with good service by the staff. very courteous, Clean rooms, free break fast , cable TV,...
Nice swimming pool. lots of car park.. close to all the restaurants and game place.
Me and friends liked it very much. we will go to stay there again when we go to Cape Cod.
Very affordable room rent.
Keep up the good work American Host !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

If you want to a have decent stay and save money, its a good deal with all the basic facilities , its a very comfortable place with breakfast and indoor swimming pool. Great vacation place . I will go back again !

• Stayed May 2012
Bent mountain, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I booked early and got a great rate. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The Wi-fi connection worked great. The bathroom had ceramic tile and was very clean. The rooms are sheltered from the street so you don't hear much street noise. The AC worked fine. It was a very good value for what I paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wales, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

the location and staff were good if not a little overly attentive to my daughter.the pool wasgood clean and a good temp. we thought we were lucky as the room my 3 daughters and grand dtr were sharing had a fold out couch.the mattress on this was so dirty that no one could sleep on it and no linen was provided. the sheet on one of the beds was crusted with a reddish brown substance on it.staff did changethe linen when asked. we were informed that the owner had just bought the hotel 3 months ago and usually did not use the rooms we occupied. ther was certainly enough construction noises to support that renovations were going on. the breakfast was stale and practically non existant.I would suggest waiting until after renovations are complewte prior to giving it a second chance.

Room Tip: bring your own toiletries
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fairfield County, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Wellfleet. The non-smoking room was nice size, clean, (despite what other reviewers say). The staff was efficient and courteous. The main thing about this motel is the location and price. I'd stay again, but not for more than a night or two as it's right on busy Route 28.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking (unless you're a smoker).
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!