“Not bad for a motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area

You added Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area to your Saves list
Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   69 Main Street Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673 (Formerly American Host Motel)   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Rutland, Vermont
“Not bad for a motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Typically I stay in hotels when on vacation, but this was a last minute trip so we had to find something cheap and available because I needed a beach vacation this summer. So we decided to stay at this motel. It's not a bad place, nothing fancy but it is clean. And the area is safe and convienent for the Cape Cod attractions. For $73 a night what can you expect? And to whomever said there was no continental breakfast, there is one. It is from 8-10am and its in the big room in the back behind the ice machine. There is cereal, toast, coffee and juice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We were very desperate for a hotel room and luckily found this hotel. All of the other reviews are correct, there are probably permanent residents that play loud music out of their cars and hang outside until 1 AM. However, the staff was very friendly and the rooms (from what we experienced) were very clean. We found the bathroom mold-free. Our dog was fine there, great pet friendly hotel in West Yarmouth. Great location, located just half a mile from downtown Hyannis. Check out Heavenly (turn right out of the hotel and it should but half a mile down the road) and it's a great place to eat.

Other than that, had a great time there. Only complaints are the noise and other guests. Happy traveling!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dennis, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

dirty linens, dirty walls, a years worth of dead bugs in the bathroom light, Socket in Bathroom did not work, no microwave as requested, whirlpool did not work, ice machine is kept outside and totally manky. Mini fridge in room was rusted, room was only half painted, staples sticking out of wall cut my daughter, Mildew stains on some sort on blankets, to cheap to use a bottom sheet so bed never stayed made. Staff was very unprofessional, witenessed them verbally berating someone not sure if it was guests or workers at the pool in front of my kids, Was locked out of room a day early, one can only assume for finally registering complaints with management, pubilc area is littered with cigarette butts, room was suppossed to be non smoking but it was clearly used as a smoking room burn marks in furniture and all over the rubbish bin outside room...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

When you go to Cape Cod off season you expect a few drawbacks so the pool being closed to us was not really a huge issue.
What did bother me was that even though the website SAYS a continental breakfast is provided with no date restrictions given there was no food.
The site and the guide at the motel both site 7 AM as the time for breakfast to start there was no availability as the office did not open until 8 AM. So what was supposed to be a nice little perk to start the day off right was not available. Do I have to mention that this added $20. per day to the cost of our stay.
There are no towel bars in the bathroom, the TV had very few channels, the lighting in the unit was poor so that there was no way to read or do my knitting.
It had been 4 or 5 years since I had been to this motel, it will be well into my next life before I return.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We have been going to the Cape for over 16 years, About six years ago we discovered the American Host Motel. We have been pleased and had no horror stories to share. The motel is ideally located to many sites, restaurants, stores and activities giving you an option of driving or walking,

The staff is courteous, friendly and proficient. The rooms are clean/spacious, A/C or heat works fine, hot shower and bathroom are great, Small refrigerator in room. Free parking w/lot large enough to accommodate a boat or bus.

Each year, facility upgrades and enhancements are noted and appreciated. It demonstrates the desire of management to not only provide good services but a quality facility. Contrary to what some may think this motel is a hidden gem!!!

Enfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I'm writing this review because I tried to find reviews myself, but there weren't any that were recent, so I figured I'd help others out with a thorough review. The American Host Motel was exactly what I thought it would be. I read mixed reviews on here before booking, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it lived up to my expectations. I was booking a last minute trip to Cape Cod over a holiday weekend and happened to stumble upon the American Host Motel as they still had rooms available within my budget. (actually, they were under my budget! $170 total for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend!)
About the motel/room itself:
As you would expect from a budget motel, I wouldn't trust walking in bare feet or anything, but it seemed fairly clean. The carpet could have been vacuumed, but there were no bed bugs and the bathroom was very clean. Make sure to bring your own shampoo as they don't provide any! I didn't go to the pool, but there were usually people swimming in it. The continental breakfast is from 8am-10am and was cold cereal, mini muffins, juice, & milk. Nothing special, but it was nice that it was available! Check-in & check-out was a breeze. The staff seemed very friendly, though I never really needed anything from them. We didn't watch the tv except the weather in the morning, but there were about 50 channels, about the norm for a hotel tv. The bed was very soft and there was plenty of parking available. (I noticed that parking was a problem for some of the other motels next door) We had noisy neighbors (we could hear them when we were outside) but we couldn't hear them at all in our room which was great. Also, they were a smoking room and we were non-smoking and I didn't smell smoke at all.
About the location:
The location was great! It's located in West Yarmouth, but right on the border with Hyannis. The Hy-Line ferry was within walking distance as was Main St Hyannis and Hyannis harbor. Downtown Hyannis is about a mile away. You could drive, but parking is about $15/day at the places I saw. We preferred to ride our bikes and it took us 10 minutes at the most. Right across the street is mini-golf and an ice cream/burger shop. (the liquor store was also about a block away) We were able to ride our bikes & take them on the ferry with us to Martha's Vineyard and avoid the $15 parking in Hyannis as well as the cost for a bike rental at Martha's Vineyard.
Overall, I had a great experience at the American Host Motel. We didn't stay in our room very much as we were out exploring, but it served its purpose. It was your typical budget motel & I would suggest it to anyone trying to plan a trip to the Cape on a budget!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was so scared when I read all the previous reviews... Drugs ? Bugs ? Blood ? Quelle horreur !!! But the prices were still very attractive, and trying to go to Cape Cod on a Memorial Day we is NOT that easy. So we (3 23 years old BFF) decided to go anyway, ready to sleep in the car if it was unbearable. After 6 hours driving, we arrived at the Motel.
Well, believe it or not, it was really nice. The staff was really friendly (make sure to discuss with him about the French President and wife...) the room was spacious, w/ 3 double-beds. Bathroom was OK .We did not found any bugs or dust, and we had hot water. We did not stay for the breakfast in the morning and I think this would be the only thing to avoid... But still, it was perfect for a 3-nights trip in Cape Cod !
So people, before you scare the h*** out of other tourists with your terrifying reviews please understand that you're not going to get a 5 stars bedroom w/ a 1 star price.

Room Tip: #155 was the one !!!