“good place to stay in at cape cod” 4 of 5 stars

2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“good place to stay in at cape cod”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

i stayed just one night at the hampton inn and suites, and would definitely come back.

my requirements for a short stay are clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds (my husband remarked that the duvets were extraordinarily soft and comfortable - he is a world traveller, and should know) good service and access to a quick meal (i am not going to be eating in the hotel in a tourist spot unless the food is outstanding!)

as such the hotel ticked all the boxes.

if you are staying longer, you might want something more fancy with more facilities, but a short stay, this is perfect.

note - it offers breakfast but not other meals. however, there is an italian restaurant next door that delivers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton Honors member and I don't feel like I got any special service because of it. The room was nice, but the bathroom had hair and some dirt on the floor. The beds were comfortable and there was a refrigerator and microwave, which was nice to have. The walls at this hotel are thin and I could hear a lot of noise from people in other rooms around us including children yelling in the room next to us on the first night we were there. The staff was just average in my opinion. They did their job, but nothing extraordinary about it. The hair dryer in my room did not work and I had to call to get a new one which took a little while and we were late getting out due to it, but they did bring it and apologized for the inconvenience. It seemed hard to get the room at a comfortable temperature. I would set it at 73 and cold air would blow out. The breakfast was your average Hampton Inn breakfast. It was just okay for a precooked breakfast. The waffles are good though and you can make them fresh. I was dissappointed that they would not let me do a 2:00 pm check out as stated on the Hilton Honors Website when placing the order. They told me check out was at 11 and they let me stay till 12:00 pm. They were not busy so it was sad they couldn't make an exception for a Hilton Honors member. The pool area was nice, but the water in both the pool and hot tub did not seem very clear. Not sure why this was and there was a strong chlorine smell. So overall I would not go back to this location as there was nothing special that stood out. Okay if your looking for a reasonably priced place to stay with breakfast included.

Room Tip: Make sure your away from elevators and pool area. Request top floor due to thin walls if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Being a loyal Hilton Honor member, I always look for Hilton brands when traveling. The Hampton Inn is one of two Hilton properties on Cape Cod. Having stayed at both locations, with the other being a new Double Tree about 2 miles up the same road, I would stay at the Hampton next time we are at the Cape simply based upon the lower price and relatively same room size and quality. The only major difference is the absence of a onsite restaurant. The hotel is close to the road; however we had a room at the back of the hotel on the top floor overlooking the parking lot, which was quiet. We booked the larger double queen room, which there appear to be about four per level. Don’t expect a huge room, it maybe another 4 feet longer at most than the standard rooms, but the extra space helps when you are traveling with a family. I wound not pay a large premium for the “larger” room. The staff was very friendly at check in and quickly moved us to the top floor when we requested it. The room was clean; the beds were comfortable and the room had a small refrigerator and microwave. We asked for extra pillows, the ones on the beds seemed thin, maybe due for replacement. The breakfast was good, normal Hampton array, changing slightly the two days we were there. The eating area was disappointingly dirty. The cloth upholstering on almost all the chairs were stained and look as they had never been cleaned. We checked several tables and settled on the high stools at the center bar style table. Would have been a five star, with the exception of the breakfast area. Overall for the price it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Request a top floor, away from the street and the room should be quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Medway, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got back from a very nice weekend at the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth. This was our third stay here in the past year and it is always very clean, comfortable and relaxing. Great ameneities, indoor pool, hot tub, game room, outdoor pool, fireplace in common area and wonderful complimentary hot breakfast with everything you could want! Complimentary tea, coffee and hot choc all day, as well. Also staff is very professional and attentive. Good job to all of you! Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Highly recommend this Hampton, especially if you are going to the Cape! There are lots of hotels on the Cape, but if you want CLEANLINESS and QUALITY and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, then this is the hotel you must pick!

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely worth a little extra!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

do not stay at this hotel. We put a "do not disturb" sign on our door. The cleaning staff went into the room anyways and cleaned the room. She threw away a make up bag that was in the bathroom. When I went down in a panic to the manager about my missing bag (which carrier cash and prescriptions) the manager led us to the dumpster and told us if the cleaning staff threw it away it would be in there. She proceeded to watch us dig through the dumpster with no help. After it all, the bag was not even in the dumpster, it was on the cart which the cleaning lady never emptied. The management offered to compensate us for our stay and it turns out they only credited us for one night and told us that is all they were going to do.
DO NOT stay at this hotel. We had our family reunion here 20+ people. None of which will come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Lindsay H,

I assure you that this was an unfortunate chain of events and not a norm here.
As I informed your fiance, based on what I hear from the other team members who
were working the day this happened, one of the guests who were here with the
family reunion was playing a prank on the other guests and put everyone's do not
disturb signs on the doors. When we spoke with the guest who did this we were
given the room numbers that did originally want service and your room was one of
the room numbers we were given. The housekeeper who cleaned your room informed
me that the bag she threw out was on the floor, tied up, next to the trash can
so she assumed it was trash. I was informed that our team discouraged your from
looking for the bag yourself but you insisted on being involved in the search.
Our front desk team was surprised to hear what happened and informed you that
you would be refunded for the night.

I am not offering this information as an excuse for what happened but as an
explanation to ensure you that something like this would normally never happen
at our hotel.

As I discussed with your fiance, the credit for the one night should be on your
credit card within a few days of when we spoke. At this point, that refund
should be there. If not, I am happy to offer my assistance in expediting the
process in any way I can.

If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay or if I may be of
additional assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me
directly.

Brenna Sullivan
508.862.9010
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great clean hotel. Friendly. Great location! Watch out for hallway noise in the middle of the night. You can here all partiers through the door into the rooms. Pool area is clean. Breakfast was good. Bring your own pillows, as the ones they have need to be upgraded to go along with the upgrade of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We are, however, disappointed to learn that not all aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations.

We have purchased new pillows to replace any of the ones that may not be up to par at the hotel. During your next visit, you should be perfectly comfortable!

Thank you again for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Brenna Sullivan

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!