You added Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Providence
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Highly recommend this Hampton, especially if you are going to the Cape! There are lots of hotels on the Cape, but if you want CLEANLINESS and QUALITY and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, then this is the hotel you must pick!

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely worth a little extra!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

do not stay at this hotel. We put a "do not disturb" sign on our door. The cleaning staff went into the room anyways and cleaned the room. She threw away a make up bag that was in the bathroom. When I went down in a panic to the manager about my missing bag (which carrier cash and prescriptions) the manager led us to the dumpster and told us if the cleaning staff threw it away it would be in there. She proceeded to watch us dig through the dumpster with no help. After it all, the bag was not even in the dumpster, it was on the cart which the cleaning lady never emptied. The management offered to compensate us for our stay and it turns out they only credited us for one night and told us that is all they were going to do.
DO NOT stay at this hotel. We had our family reunion here 20+ people. None of which will come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Lindsay H,

I assure you that this was an unfortunate chain of events and not a norm here.
As I informed your fiance, based on what I hear from the other team members who
were working the day this happened, one of the guests who were here with the
family reunion was playing a prank on the other guests and put everyone's do not
disturb signs on the doors. When we spoke with the guest who did this we were
given the room numbers that did originally want service and your room was one of
the room numbers we were given. The housekeeper who cleaned your room informed
me that the bag she threw out was on the floor, tied up, next to the trash can
so she assumed it was trash. I was informed that our team discouraged your from
looking for the bag yourself but you insisted on being involved in the search.
Our front desk team was surprised to hear what happened and informed you that
you would be refunded for the night.

I am not offering this information as an excuse for what happened but as an
explanation to ensure you that something like this would normally never happen
at our hotel.

As I discussed with your fiance, the credit for the one night should be on your
credit card within a few days of when we spoke. At this point, that refund
should be there. If not, I am happy to offer my assistance in expediting the
process in any way I can.

If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay or if I may be of
additional assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me
directly.

Brenna Sullivan
508.862.9010
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great clean hotel. Friendly. Great location! Watch out for hallway noise in the middle of the night. You can here all partiers through the door into the rooms. Pool area is clean. Breakfast was good. Bring your own pillows, as the ones they have need to be upgraded to go along with the upgrade of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We are, however, disappointed to learn that not all aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations.

We have purchased new pillows to replace any of the ones that may not be up to par at the hotel. During your next visit, you should be perfectly comfortable!

Thank you again for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Brenna Sullivan
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

During school vacation we decided to stay for a night after reading a newspaper ad which showed numerous children's activities being held. Despite booking the night before, we got a rate of $98 including a full hot breakfast and all activities. Not only that, the front desk encouraged us to come early for the 10am animal show on day of arrival and they would get us into a room as soon as they could! Haven't had that happen EVER. I can't say enough about this hotel but let me start with the kids activities (most of which are held on school breaks but check and see). The Cool Creatures show was 2 hours long, featured over 25 animals and was led by the incredibly patient, friendly and knowledgeable owner of Animal Instincts. FREE! During the show, I went back to the front desk to see when we should check in- we were upgraded to a king suite at no charge and checked in at 12noon!! We utilized the pool several times during our stay and it was a huge convenience as it rained most of the two days. Our only cons were the temp of the hot tub was more like a warm bath, not very hot at all, and the lack of weights in the workout area. Breakfast was awesome and I can't imagine how the negative previous reviews had such problems, as every staff person we encountered was amazing. The front desk girl, Yvette, was on for the entire day and even at 7pm was smiling away! She was adorable and sweet. We did ask for a room away from the pool as there were hockey teams staying there, but never were bothered by any noise. Our next kid activity was a pool party at 1 featuring make your own sundaes, followed by a DJ dance party in the lobby 4-7. The hired DJ was from a great local radio station and awesome! They served chips and cookies during the party and we were allowed to BYOB right in the lobby. FREE! The last event was the next morning, a craft party put on by a local girl who does face painting, crafts, parties, etc. for hire. She had a table full of crafts! Our kids had a ball and then she painted each kids face - the best face painter we have ever seen - FREE! Turns out she was a makeup artist in Vegas. We've paid $20 per kid at amusement parks that weren't nearly as awesome as this girls artwork.
We highly recommend taking a trip to Cape Cod Beer factory for their free hour tour and free samples of all beers!! brewed on premise and delicious. We at at the Beech Tree Cantina (see other review of restaurant). Downtown Hyannis is only about 2 miles away, so close to everything. Highly recommend this hotel and would pick this every time to stay near Hyannis!

Room Tip: Highly agree that if you are bothered by noise and large groups of kids, call head and ask if there...
Dear Cheneyp,

Our team was enamored to see such a glowing review of our hotel and all of the activities we offer during the school vacation week! Yvette was especially pleased that you mentioned her by name. Thank you a million times over for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us!

We hope to see you during April Vacation. It's right around the corner!

Topsham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I needed a place to stay while traveling for a funeral. This hotel was great. Although the hotel did not offer a bereavement rate, I felt the hotel was affordable and decided to stay here anyways. The hotel was very clean. The Gym was great. The pool was very enjoyable There were few guests there while I was there off season which probably made it even more enjoyable. The breakfast was great. I appreciate any hotel which includes a decent breakfast and this was definite plus especially since I had to be at a funeral in the morning and didn't need the extra hassle of finding a place to eat. All in all, I had a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hasselh0ff,

On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod team, we extend our condolences for your loss.

Traveling for bereavement is always particularly difficult and I am glad we were able to provide you with comfortable surroundings and friendly staff during your stay.

If there is any way we may be of assistance in the future, please contact us. We hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Pittsfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Cons: Decided to stay here a few nights off-season to get away with my family. Mistake. Stayed in room 219 - watch out for the creepy sticky spot in the rug near the desk, the moldy shower doors, the hair in the shower, and the filthy countertop. We made the mistake of asking for extra pillows and for the countertop to be cleaned on the way out to dinner after checking in and caught an argument from the gentleman working the desk. Arguing with a customer? Really? The pool opened several hours late our first day - despite a member of the staff sitting in the room eating breakfast and reading a newspaper. My kid tried making hot chocolate, found out there were no creamers, asked for more, and was ignored. They don't help out with luggage - they watch.

The Pros: Decent breakfast. Fast internet so you can look online to see where you should have stayed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to inform our team of your experience via our in room comment card, email survey and on trip TripAdvisor. Immediately following our conversation a couple weeks ago, I spoke with the team member who you initially informed that your counter was sticky. He extends his apologies for the confusion as well. We do not often receive concerns regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and he was attempting to offer an explanation of what he thought it may have been.

I was unaware there were any other problems with your stay. When we spoke you mentioned the counter but did not inform me of anything else mentioned in this review.

I am certainly sorry for all the inconveniences you faced during your stay and would like the opportunity to make it up to you some how. I know nothing can turn back the hands of time but I assure you none of the things you mentioned are a norm here. Would you please contact me at your convenience? I can be reached via email brenna.sullivan@hilton.com or on property 508.862.9010.

Windsor, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff was amazing during our Feb vacation. The only problem was the noise level. They had 12 yr old hockey players running the halls til midnight and they could not control them or their drunk parents. That is my only complaint. The hotel should have handled that situation better. My daughter missed out on swimming in the pool for 2 out of our 3 days there because of the hockey players and their drunk parents. Very disappointing after driving 3 hours.

Room Tip: Call head and ask if there are any sports groups staying there!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Maryjo B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to see that our hotel was one of the most beautiful hotels you have ever stayed at! What a compliment!!!

We have learned a lot from our February experiences with sports teams and now prepare with a thorough checklist to ensure that we leave nothing to chance. I am sorry that the kids left you with anything negative to say about our hotel!! I assure you, this is not the norm here.

We look forward to your next visit!

Brenna

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!