“Rude staff and run down rooms...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Hot Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
“Rude staff and run down rooms...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been visiting the Cape Point for the last seven years and this year was the worst stay by far! When we first arrived the front desk staff acted annoyed by our arrival in general. After being checked in to our room, we found several issues. The sliding door did not lock, the tv was tiny and the cable worked occationally, the safe was not working and neither was the remote, the carpet was stained and dingy and the bathroom ceiling was disgusting. We were in a rush to be at a commitment so we decided to grin and bear the issues. When returning to the hotel later all we could smell was "weed" smoke. This went on the entire weekend even with a strict no smoking policy the hotel claims to have. If we could smell this it would be hard for me to believe that the staff could not smell it as well. We don't mind if someone smokes, just go outside like everyone else! The next evening I was walking with my youngest daughter after using the microwave, she was lagging behind me, when a staff member advised her she was not supposed to be in the halls after 10 pm and if she didn't get to her room she was going to physically put her in her room. My daughter was mortified as was I! How dare a staff member suggest physically touching my child! When she realized that my daughter was in fact with an adult, she ducked away quickly before she could be addressed. How disrespectful to your guests! This is the last time we will be visiting......

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We booked a weekend away for our family of 6 and we were thrilled at the large and clean room accommodations. The the pool area was great entertainment for our children and provided a relaxing atmosphere for the adults. I have already booked my stay for next year and will recommend this location to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Corner suites were perfect for families!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Warm indoor pool is great for the kids. Adequate room - very clean and comfortable beds. The lounge is cozy for drinks and a great place to meet other guests. Welcoming and friendly staff. Will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family has been staying at the Cape Point for years! It is the best remedy for the winter blues. With their new salt water pool, jacuzzi and sauna and all the windows around the pool makes it a cozy afternoon, especially if the snow is falling outside. The cafe is great for starting your day with a delicious breakfast. There are also a lot of local restaurants and fun shops to explore open year round to suit whatever you are in the mood for. So if you need a get away, plan a trip today! We sometimes travel now with the grandchildren, but when my husband & I travel alone, we make sure we plan accordingly and stay away from school vacations! Great place to go with the kiddies!

Room Tip: We like the first floor for easy in and out and closest to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Came down for a little respite from the cold and snow. We were not disappointed. This hotel has a huge, clean and warm indoor pool. There is also a wonderful hot tub. We felt revived after spending an afternoon lounging by the pool, in the hot tub and swimming in the pool. The room was clean and comfortable. The girl behind the desk was not very friendly, but another woman joined her and she was very welcoming and helpful. We will come again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. We are trying to research who the Desk Clerk was so we can address that issue. Hope to see you soon
Hubbardston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The pros are the Koi pond was nice, DD next door was a plus and the beds were comfortable and room clean. Staff was very helpful with any concerns that we had. The cons were the pool and hot tub area had a very strong chlorine smell was unbearable to stay in there. The complimentary coffee was very strong.

Room Tip: They have a kiddie pool for young kids which is a plus. Restaurant was very good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your comments. Our indoor pool is salt generated so we use less chlorine than most pools, however when it is school vacation, we do have to up the level of chlorine. I do hope because of the positive experience you had you will return.
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The pro's: a very cute Koi pond my kids loved it... Close to many restaraunts and DD... Pool smaller than shown but fine, also a little kiddy pool for the young ones to jump around in. The rooms are dated but comfortable. We would go back again accept for............
The Con's: I am not happy we checked in and there was someones prescription medications in the frig..of course we went to the desk immediately with the medication and syringes. I am traveling with 2 young children. I then searched the room for used needles and found none but still not comfortable I had to take the beds completely apart to check everything. But would you be completley comfortable those needles are tiny. The desk said Oh they had just checked in but wanted a first floor room so they were moved. Which brings up two more issues Really the people were out of state and the date on the script was 2/14 filled at a pharmacy on the Cape, we checked in on 2/19. The second point why did you give our first floor room away we have 2 small children and had to keep going up and down the stairs, the elevator was opposite side of us. The pool was warm and nice but once you got out the enviroment was cold.No sitting around in your suit everyone had on sweatshirts and wrapped up. The last point the maid on the second floor was vacuuming the hallway at 9:15am when I opened the door and gave her a dirty look she shut it off.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for your comments. I do apologize for the prescription problem. People did move from that room and the prescriptions were left behind, but not to your first floor room. If you had requested at time of reservation a first floor room We would try to accommodate that request. Regarding our pool size, we have the largest pool on the strip 55' x 25'. Lastly what is your secret? Two small children and you are able to sleep past 9:15am. I am jealous, my 3 small ones have me up at 6:30. I do understand, we will speak to housekeeping about vacuuming so early.

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!