“hope I can afford this one on season” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
$5 off + free breakfast
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
Worcester, Massachusetts
“hope I can afford this one on season”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The rate was $69 in April-the pool, sauna and whirlpool were very inviting and the $5 towards breakfast was enough to have an egg and bacon in an attractive little restaurant. I hope to return later into the beach season.

Room Tip: the only negative was a very unsatisfactory gym room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Trying to make plans to visit the Cape at the end of March, I found many places closed or already booked. The Cape Point Hotel looked good from Trip Advisor -- and so it was. A good location mid-Cape for going out and about. Explored from Hyannis to the wonderful little town of Chatham with ease. The weather was a bit chilly and blustery, so didn't get to do as much beach exporing as we had hoped, but got in a bit. The hotel staff is friendly and rooms are comfortable. We had problems getting the heat to stay warm enough, and I heard the man across the hall complaining about that in his room. Was told at checkout that we just didn't have it on "auto", but not sure that is true. I had good breakfasts in the cafe (not included). We did not use the pool, but saw many people do so and it seemed nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never been so upset , I had an awful experience ! There was a hockey team of kids staying there and that is common . But this place is a uncontrollable environment. The staff has no clue and does not care , complaints to the desk st 130 in the morning and im getting an attitude from the man at the desk , because im complaining of parents and kids sitting in the hall outside my door extremely loud and drinking. Got to the point were I went into the hall at 2am and the hotel did nothing ! It is dirty and out dated. The pool is ok , but the hot tub was packed with young kids so the adults could not go in. There is absolutly no supervision in this place not even in the pool area .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I first want to apologize for the experience you had at our Hotel. We were aware of the problem we had with the hockey team and they have been flagged so they cannot return. We do put extra staff on when we have teams in the hotel. Unfortunately their seems to be a trend with hockey teams. If you go to the other hotel that you wrote a glowing review for you will see a review from another guest stating the same problem their as you had here. Hockey teams are a big challenge and we try to implement many things to insure are other guests are not disturbed, however we have problems like all other hotels with teams. Again we do apologize for the experience you had and hope you would give us a chance to show you we do have a quality product and a good value for our guests.
Plainville, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great hotel to stay at if you have young children. My 4 yr old son had a blast in the indoor kiddie pool. The staff was courteous and accomodating. Thinking about returning on the april vacation week.

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the Cape Point for two nights during February school vacation week. They offered lots for the kids to do, from ice cream socials and pizza party to a juggler and clown. The kids had a blast along with swimming in the large pool and doing a fe arcade games. It was a great getaway and the kids had a blast. This is not my first stay at the hotel, and I'm sure it won't be my last. The only thing I wish worded better was the wifi service. It was intermittent and at times did not work at all. Other than that, we had a blast!

Room Tip: They have two views....parking lot or wooded area with a building behind it view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hyannis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Being forced to find a hotel due to loss of power .we found Cape Point. I can't tell enough how the Staff was so courteous to us and very accommodating . Steve the general manager was on top of it. We just loved Jennty the bartender. They made a bad experience a better one . I would say that most of the hotel was made of Cape Codders who they might not see again. That didn't alter the good service .

ROCKLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed Friday-Sunday at Cape Point Hotel. I called Friday morning to see if I could get into my room before 3:00 check-in time. I was told if the room was ready I could get in, if not I could use the pool area until it was ready. She said it was a very busy weekend. I asked if there could be a note beside my room for early check-in and she made a note of it.
When we arrived our room was ready at 1:00. We had a deluxe room on the second floor room 201. The room was very spacious and bright. It had two queen beds, a twin pull out couch, table and two chairs, coffee table, bureau and nice flat screen tv. The sink area to the bathroom was on the left wall as soon as you entered the room which was strange but worked for all our drinks and snacks. The mini fridge was under this vanity. Directly across from the large vanity was a small bathroom and shower. This might have been a problem for a large person, but was fine for us.
The room was clean and neat. We had excellent room housekeeping.
Now heres what put a damper on the weekend...the beds felt like we were sleeping on hard slabs. These had to be the super extra firm beds on the market. Were so used to high quality pillow tops when we stay at other hotels. They looked new and in good shape but were rock hard. This isnt the standard in all the rooms because the other couple we went with had the most comfy king bed.
The second day I saw housekeeping in my room and asked for another mattress cover, thinking this might help a bit, she did give me one but it didnt help much. What they really need for these beds is a memory foam or very thick mattress topper to offer guest that like a softer bed. Nothing can ruin your stay than a bad nights sleep.
We spent a good amount of time in the pool area and it was very quiet. We were expecting a crowd, being a busy weekend but it was very relaxing. Lots of tables, chairs and chaises open. We also checked out the lounge which was very cozy with lots of tv's. We had two rounds of drinks and the mixed drinks were very well made and at a good price.
They have free Wi-Fi here but its very sketchy in the rooms. The best reception was the closer you got to the main office. I used my ipad mostly in the pool area. There was free coffee in the lobby when the cafe wasnt open. We had breakfast in the cafe and it was excellent, service was great too! I thought the prices were very good.
All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend and I would stay again...bringing my own cushy bed topper..just in case.

Room Tip: If you like extra firm beds pick room 201. Second floor room are quieter than first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!