“BAD experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in West Yarmouth
CT
“BAD experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

I am not one to complain but I had such a bad experience at the cape point that I feel compelled to tell others about it. I grew up in Yarmouth and my family and I always recommended the cape point to visiting family members and friends over the years b/c it is convenient, affordable, clean and has a pool. Since moving to CT 8 years ago, I stayed there several times/year. Up until this past weekend, I had not stayed there in 3 years and I was very disappointed with the entire experience. The sheets on the beds had not been changed (they were covered in HAIR, gross!) so I called the front desk and someone did come to change the sheets. I called TWICE for more towels and they never arrived. The ceiling in the bathroom had a large amount of MOLD on it. Finally, I could not sleep b/c the air conditioning/heating unit in the room was making a horrible noise ALL night. It also had a block on it so that we couldn't change the temperature. I will not stay there again and I will be sure to tell all of my friends and family members to stay somewhere else in the future. It's a shame, the cape point is really going down hill.

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

We are not a picky family. We are seasoned budget travellers (wife and 2 very small children). I suppose this facility is exactly what you pay for, but there were a few things that really bothered me about the place:
1. Security doors totally unlocked 24/7
2. Surly unhelpful teenage front desk staff. The surliness is part of being a teen, but unhelpful?
3. The noxious septic aroma in the parking lot
4. The fact that our key card expired every day and we had to bring it to the front desk to get recharged, which was such a huge inconvenience to them! (see 2. above...)

The rooms were okay, not unclean or anything, just time-worn and extremely outdated. Our kids loved the pool, but they like anything that holds water. I'd look around on the cape for other lodging, but honestly, the general quality of hotels for budget travellers is all pretty much the same. They all get 1 star!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

At first glance the hotel looked good but soon realized it's in need of repair and updating. The pros: easy access to pool, good sized rooms and of course the location and excellent breakfast. The cons: Bathrooms have no sink in them, peeling kick boards, poor flushing toilets, (clogged every day), very loud fans in the ac/heater units, thin walls, and the front desk greeting was cold, not that it was a big deal but you want to feel welcomed, the pool area was dirty, tables not wiped clean and the saunas are falling apart, nails coming through boards ect, I would only stay there again if I had no other choice.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bathroon and loud heater
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights after Thanksgiving. The staff was not very friendly...I didn't see anyone smile when we checked in. There was a strict policy about towels for the pool. The DVD player didn't work, the light/fan in the bathroom roared, the bathroom needed some repairs, the sink counter was falling apart, there were chips on the floor so I know that the room wasn't vacuumed really well after the people who stayed before us. The beds were comfortable and it was very quiet so it wasn't a terrrible experience, but I think I'd look for another place next time.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Natick , Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

Hotel was great neat and Clean the pool and whrilpool were great. The servers was excellent and friendly. The cafe food was excellent and the help was great too. The rooms were very good clean and well maintained. Will have been stay there again and again for the past 12 yesrs we just love the Cape Point Hotel.

Stayed October 2007
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

Stayed four nights at this hotel during a trip to Cape Cod. We've booked it through Orbitz, so got a pretty good price deal. The hotel is conveniently located on route 28, so driving to other towns across the Cape was easy. The hotel itself is fine for the price, with clean linens and clean bathrooms. There is a safe in the room for valuables. The hotel staff is courteous and helpful in general. We had no complaint at all, and it was a comfortable stay. At the Cape, you really are looking for safe and comfortable lodging after a long day of the great outdoors. From that point of view, this hotel met our expectation. However, if you are "Hilton and Mariott hotel people", then nothing much around there will be good enough for you unless you can afford it.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I just came back from a weekend at this hotel and needless to say , I was not impressed.The hotel was just dirty. The room was ok, but the bathroom was just dirty and moldy. The hallways smelled like mold and something that just didn't seem pleasant. The mattress seemed to be very old and worn and we could hear the people next to us yelling at each other at night. For the money we spent on the room, it could have been a little bit cleaner and updated. I'd prefer to stay at the Bayside or Holiday Inn in Hyannis. Ok to stay if you don't plan on hanging out in the room alot....
Parking there wasn't good either... if you left the place, you had to fight with others to try to get a space to park upon your return!!

• Liked — location was good
  • Disliked — dirty and not updated
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!