“Great motel!! Well worth a 4 night stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Hyannis/W. Yarmouth/Cape Cod Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   41 Route 28, West Yarmouth, MA 02673   |
Ranked #17 of 19 hotels in West Yarmouth
Muskoka
“Great motel!! Well worth a 4 night stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in West Yarmouth Cape Cod for 4 nights last week. I had read all the Tripadvisor reviews, & now feel I must respond. It was a wonderful motel & I am glad I booked it.
The motel was clean, beds firm & my best sleep ever in a motel since the windows with screens opened for fresh air. It is obvious the motel has been updated recently. The bathroom was spotless.
The location, mid Cape, is perfect for day trips around Cape Cod. It is only a 25 minute walk to the ferries in Hyannisport, so we did not have to pay for expensive parking at the ferry site.
The included breakfast was cereal, juice, coffee, bagels. We found it substantial for us.
The fellow at reception was friendly and gave us a huge discount since other motels in the area had lowered their prices due to the economy. I saved over $100 total compared to what I had expected to pay when I booked on-line. I really appreciated this saving.
I would highly recommend the Super 8 in West Yarmouth to anyone vfsiting Cape Cod.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the motel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carlstadt, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here with a couple friends and we enjoyed. It's worth at most around $70 a night. U get continental breakfast (cereal, drinks, kosher milk, kosher danishes). Rooms r clean and beds r comfortable. Pool has water in it. Indians at front desk actually speak understandable english. Since e/w in cape cod is expensive, this place is nice and non expensive.

Room Tip: Make sure 2 bargain!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I found a bed bug in my bed, room 47, on july 30 2012. I showed it to the receptionist at the entrance of the hotel. He said that it was the first time. He didn't wanted to refund us, but he gave us a new room and said that room 47 will be cleaned on the next morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Agawam, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

In regards to my recent stay at Super 8 , The Emotional distress and embarrassment of the owner yelling at myself and my 70 year old father when we questioned the beds not being Queen size in front of other customers who were eating breakfast, was unjust and uncalled for, The owner was rude, obnoxious going on how not once in 22 years and owning over 20 hotels that nobody has ever complained about the beds, he did not even comment to me about the smell my refrigerator had and that I was afraid to even put my drinks inside of it , he was to busy yelling at us about how we just wanted cheat and that the beds were Hotel Queens,, Frankly when he said Hotel Queen I attempted to ask a question about what the difference was between a Queen and Hotel Queen he just ignored me..So I went and sat down and decided I would get a hold of Priceline whom I booked through and see what could be done , while he continued to keep yelling at my dad.. Finally I just went to my dad and said lets just take care of it later with Priceline and got my dad to try to settle down because he was so upset.. So I went back to my room and called Priceline who advised me that they could not do anything but to contact my bank which I did.. So I started the claims proceeding with my bank and she said lets call the owner and see if we can resolve this issue once more after I told her what I just wrote to you above... When he came on the line she introduced her self and say that myself and her were on the line and that his conversation would be recorded etc.. So she proceeded once again to talk to the owner and say we just wish to pay for the full-size beds we got not that we wanted a full refund..He once again started in and said to her and said Madam they got what they paid for they were queen sizes bed and then the went on to say the reason they seemed to us they were so small was because we were all fat and that's why the beds seem smelled.. As soon as he said that I said excuse me sir my family is not fat , while I am heavy the rest of my family is not, Mind you now at this point I am not mortified because he just said this to my banking Institute , also right after I said my family was not fat he hung up . This whole experience has been a disaster I mean we only had 2 days to have a few days for a trip as a family and this gentlemen ruined our entire trip

Room Tip: False Advertisement for queen beds, they have this new thing called Hotel Queen vs Reg Queen and i...
Chilmark, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've never lodged a formal complaint on a hotel before, but this was my first. The property is old and pretty run down. Repairs have been very obvious and slap-dash - the caulking in the bathroom was re-applied sloppily over old stuff and is peeling away, the sink had a slow drip leak, the whole place wreaked of disinfectant or air freshener, like they were trying to cover up a bad smell. The doors and walls are thin - I was woken up many times by children screaming at the tiny, outdoor pool.

They did not even have fitted sheets... Housekeeping merely used flat sheets tucked in on all sides, which promptly came up after about 10 minutes of sleeping. I found myself laying on the bare mattress (GROSS) several times in the night.

Worst of all, the water heater in the building must be 75 years old, as it goes ice cold and scalding hots randomly and without warning. It scalded me twice, and I eventually just got out of the shower and rinsed my hair in the sink.

We were charged over $100 for the room - on the back of the door, it says the acceptable range for the room was between $30 and $115. I can't believe we were charged nearly the maximum charge for such a sub-par experience. When he realized that we were staying as a couple, the owner even tried to bargain with my boyfriend (who bought the room) into paying $20 extra for a bed with a King mattress.

There are PLENTY of places to stay on the Cape - don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was disappointed that this property is part of the Super 8 chain. I have stayed in many before (in fact am in another one tonight in Maine, which is fabulous). Our room had a weird odor -- like car freshener or something else they were using to either cover up smoke or mold/musty smell (although it was a non-smoking room). The breakfast was also advertised as Super Start (and was even advertised as that on the map given away by business) yet it was simply 2 choices of cold cereal and prepackaged muffins or rolls -- no variety. We didn't even eat it the next day. Even a toaster with toast or bagels would have been an improvement.
It was also an old property and we heard every single footstep on the floor and walkway above us. The only thing positive I would say that considering you're in the Cape, the $99 per night was reasonable compared to other properties but if I had to do it over again, I would find another property unless you're not doing much more than checking in and sleeping and getting back on your way. All it owuld take is a little TLC to make this more acceptable, like new bedding and carpet cleaning and some paint.

Room Tip: I would not return to this location
Miinnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room was OK, some would rate it worse. The tiles in the bathroom were regrouted with calk, just put it over the old. Much too wide. Looked aweful. Lots of little details that needed fixing. Rust on the bathroom heat vent. The "H" and "C" on the facets were missing. The breakfast was two cold cereals, corn flakes and raisin bran. Prepackaged muffens, two flavors, and some other prepackaged roll. It gotold after one day.

Skip Cape Cod all together, Western Mass. is much nicer.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Super 8 Motel - Hyannis/W. Yarmouth/Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!