“My Special Gem for my ventures to the Cape !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Albany, NY
“My Special Gem for my ventures to the Cape !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Having stayed here several times , it's like my home on Cape Cod ! The owners are so accomidating , you feel right at home , and will do anything in their power to help you .
I arrived on the weekend before Memorial Day , and it was quite busy , but calling ahead , was given a room I always ask for . [ Great service ]
The rooms here are always spotless , very clean and spacious bathroom , good beds , table and chairs for which to set , desk and chair , large tv with multi channel servive ... and plenty of drawers for cllothes storage , hair dryer , coffee maker , and safe . [ an endless list ! ] Things you'd find at a motel charging "twice " the price ..... this place has always been a "bargin " for the traveler ! They also include a nice continental breakfest to start your day each morning , up at the front office
I stay no where else on my many trips to the Cape , as I feel very at home here , and can always rely on things to be as perfect as I've found them each time I've visited ! Come see for yourself ........

Room Tip: Call the motel itself , and speak with the owners , and recieve their own personal service . Much ni...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family and I booked 3 nights here while vacationing throughout Massachusetts. We chose here because it seemed decently located in Cape Cod, as well as reasonably priced. However that vision soon changed. Having paid up to $100 dollars for the Saturday rate was absolutely absurd considering the conditions. When we first opened the door we were overcome by a musty/moldy smell. The room itself looked fairly clean, just very outdated and basic. But obviously you pay for what you get. Soon enough, the cleanliness aspect of the room changed. We began to notice that no one bothered to vacuum around the furniture and that was what appeared to be blood all over the thin as paper shower curtain. On top of this, the bed sheets are too small for the bed. Any time my family stays in a hotel,we always spray the linens down with some type of disinfectant just to be on the safe side. However for this place I feel there is not enough Lysol in the world. I felt dirty by just being in the room. Breakfast consisted of two different cereals, Danishes, and your average breakfast beverages. What breakfast? Bottom line: unless you are looking to get grossed out and have no other options of stay, DO NOT waste your money and/or time here. We will most definitely never be back.

• Stayed June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed during Memorial Day Weekend. It was way overpriced. The rooms are a good size and were clean. The sheets felt like sandpaper and the mattress was uncomfortable We had a Nonsmoking room, but because people were hanging on the balcony smoking, our room smelled of smoke. Also parking at night was nearly impossible many of the guests had visitors who were taking almost all the parking spots. I truly was confused as to whether this was a hotel for guests or a hotel that housed displaced people for the state. Definitely would not return.

• Stayed May 2012
Castorland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I also got into my room and saw the damage to the jamb from someone breaking in at some point. We booked two nights, wanted to cancel the 2nd night but were not allowed. We accidentally booked a smoker's room. We asked for a non-smoker's room. We were told "well, we've got one, but no I guess not." Unaccommodating, to say the least. Run-down, old-fashioned. Bear in mind, anyone can write these reviews and if someone is raving how great the place is, it's probably the owner. Paid $200 for a Saturday night and then $79 for Sunday. Could've stayed at a Hilton for less : (

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here with friends in August 2010. Was a short walk from the hotel into town/the beach. Owner was friendly enough, breakfast wasn't really anything more than a couple of pastries. Rooms were clean and served their purpose but were very outdated, felt damp all the time, and very dark. Would not stay here again unless i had to but it serves its purpose for a cheap place to eat. Pool isnt really anything to brag about but no real complaints, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Totowa, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed there this past weekend (May 4th) I could not really believe that this Motel was even available for public use. Let me start by saying that this place needs a real facelift. The place is dingy white and the wall paper is starting to peel off. The remote for the TV is not the right one. It only controls the channels and you have to get up to turn it on/off and to control the volume. The so called continental breakfast is not worth the trip to the front desk, unless you want the coffee. Each morning I walked in for coffee, the attendant was sleeping on the couch. The eating area is the front desk. You are better off going to the convenience store or go out for breakfast.
I was going to go to a different hotel, but would have lost my money for the 2 nights and considering, we were only there to sleep, it was not worth the aggravation.
Also it nowhere near Hyannis or Cape Cod as they advertise. They are several miles away and in different direction.

Room Tip: If all the rooms look like room 29 stay away
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Travelling in early April means not a lot of places in this area are open so not many choices. We decided on the Super 8 as it was one of the few chain motels in the area. This way you don't have to pay in advance as you do with many of the "mom & pop" motels.

Location was good with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Room was comfortable and quiet. The building and decor are old but for under $50.00 per night you can't complain. The parking area seemed small for the number of rooms. It was not a problem for us as there were only 4 other cars in the lot. Not sure how easy parking would be during the busy season.

One downside was no fitting sheets on the bed. So if you're restless sleeper you tend to wake up with the sheets twisted or you are directly on the mattress.

Breakfast offering was typical with coffee, tea, muffin and danish.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod? Share your experiences!